Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Icedude posted:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1103101476185833623/1110229837039288380/SPOILER_2023052216334800-CC47F0DEC75C1FD3B1F95FA9F9D57667.mp4

So there's gotta be a quest involving doing this, right?

Before you ask, Addison just has a speech bubble saying "President Hudson?!", nothing special. Purah is evidently just sick of Link's poo poo and just asks where he got the sign

First thing I'm gonna do when I get home is use it at the emperor of incompetence and devotion sign putter-upper.

Edit: wait gently caress

edit 2: do not expect me to learn names, go away

edit 3: Addison deserves crucifixion more than the koroks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I found some pieces of the old gear sets from BotW, but haven’t found any others. Are they all in caves or something?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

kliras posted:

probably just the high power requirements disabling it quickly, unless the machine is destroying itself through some structural flaw

rockets also are one-time use; i guess they run on basic combustion rather than zonai power

Yeah, I was just sticking a laser on one of the roombas, I didn't think those ran out like the glider or platform

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
No as far as I can tell the Zonai devices can’t be damaged

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pollyanna posted:

I found some pieces of the old gear sets from BotW, but haven’t found any others. Are they all in caves or something?

Yeah all the armor is either in the depths or in caves.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

LifeSunDeath posted:

got my rear end blasted yesterday:

don't walk near a bomb plant with a flaming arrow nocked lol.

Related, but I've come across a few bomb plants that seem too close to a like like or ore deposit waiting for me to unknowingly smack with a hammer lol.

Also re: physics chat, I've made the engine angry a few times with ultrahand. Once I glued too many railcars together but they weren't perfectly aligned and the game had a big temper tantrum trying to snap them to the rail until it gave up.

Another time I'd misunderstood a shrine puzzle, glued a giant sphere to a spike, then tried to hit the ball with an improvised paddle / golf club. But the stone slab was forced between the ball and the spike without ungluing any of it right away and the slab started gyrating wildly before settling down.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I wonder if it might be explored in DLC, actually. I expect this game to get it.

"We were going to announce a new DLC but it got out of hand, instead here are teasers for The Legend of Zelda: Earwax of the Republic and The Legend of Zelda: Booger of the World."

Then I think they're out of stuff that comes out of a face and they're never going bigger than the world.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pollyanna posted:

Pretty much. A few are still in shops (Hylian set, Shiekah set, Luminous set, Flamebreaker set, Snowquil set, Desert Voe set) but the rest are tied to sidequests or hidden in caves. If a cave has banners at the entrance it has a piece of clothing.

There are also a few pieces of clothing that don't return in TotK. (Ancient set, Desert Vai set, Salvager set, Switch shirt, Old shirt/pants)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
[Edit nvm misread

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zore posted:

There are also a few pieces of clothing that don't return in TotK. (Ancient set, Desert Vai set, Salvager set, Switch shirt, Old shirt/pants)

RIP sweet prince

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

No as far as I can tell the Zonai devices can’t be damaged

I drop in on bosses with the twofan copter a lot and I swear I've seen my stuff destroyed before, not like unglued and flung apart but just seemed to wink out of existence when like a Frox does a belly flop or legoman dice rolls over it. Maybe it gets pushed through the floor or flies off in a way I just can't see through the models and effects and I just think it's destroyed?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zore posted:

This alone docks the game from a 10/10

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

RatHat posted:

RIP sweet prince

I miss that thing too, but wasn't it DLC? Maybe there's hope yet!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Pollyanna posted:

I found a weirdly dressed lady once who put me on the trail of some armor. She implies their might be more people like her. So always stop and talk to people on the roads.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Captain Hygiene posted:

I miss that thing too, but wasn't it DLC? Maybe there's hope yet!

Yeah it was part of the DLC but literally all the other DLC armor from BotW is in the game (except the XB2 promotion Rex outfit).

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Napkin coding, etc, but Ascend shouldn't be too complex to execute beyond two colliders and a raycast or two. First collider and raycast finds the ceiling above you. If the whole sphere/cylinder hits clean (not bumping into a wall, hanging off an edge, etc) raycast up again to find the outer surface of the object. If THAT is also clear, you're good to Ascend.

Where it gets fucky is objects vertically stacked/attached together, but I suspect the trick here is to identify they're all part of the same object and iterate up through to the top object. Has anyone tried Ascending through loosely-stacked objects?

(I fully assume there's a whole lot more to it under the hood aside from this, of course)

the basic mechanism of “go up through ceiling” is probably pretty simple (it was originally a debug tool that the devs) but the ripple effect it has on everything else in the game is what makes it a coding nightmare to turn into a polished and consistent mechanic.

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 22, 2023

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I have found and completed all the shrines, a feat I did not accomplish in BOTW. Started to flag a little once it became clear I'd somehow left some of the more complicated/tedious ones for the last 20 or so but hey.

As to the reward. I was expecting a more personalized this Link variation on the green outfit, but this is neat and opens a lot of questions.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Fused a lizafalos tail to something for the first time last night, cool!!

Also poked my head in the colosseum. Uhhhh I'll come back later.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Was having some coffee and did a double take.... Why was there a fan on the wall?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Anyone got a spot for a normal boss bokoblin spawn lategame? I need some horns but I can't find any of them and I never photographed them.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I haven’t played in a bit due to business but today I finally got to the Zora Domain and saw the new statue and met Sydon’s fiancé :3:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Khanstant posted:

I drop in on bosses with the twofan copter a lot and I swear I've seen my stuff destroyed before, not like unglued and flung apart but just seemed to wink out of existence when like a Frox does a belly flop or legoman dice rolls over it. Maybe it gets pushed through the floor or flies off in a way I just can't see through the models and effects and I just think it's destroyed?

I'm pretty sure I've seen stuff poof out of existence when it was attacked by a lynel. I think maybe it needs to be a strong enough attack to break it, rather than depleting a hidden part hp? So 1,000 bokoblins will never break the Death Roomba, but you can't cheese a lynel with it.

Could be wrong though, I haven't experimented too thoroughly with it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
This Great Plateau eyes quest is infuriating. Apparently the quest tags the eyes as dropped into the depths but it will constantly cause them to respawn back above ground.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I don't think I'll get used to the dragons flying into the goatse holes in the ground.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That was my impression as well. They're they kind of attacks that do significant damage or knockdown even with good armour on, Lynels can seemingly shatter any shield in one maybe 2 direct hits. Ideally you wanna dodge those hits to turn em into flurry rushes so the shields are more like a mistake counter if you're using a one hander.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

External Organs posted:

Fused a lizafalos tail to something for the first time last night, cool!!

Also poked my head in the colosseum. Uhhhh I'll come back later.

Next try it on a boomerang and give it a throw

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Anyone got a spot for a normal boss bokoblin spawn lategame? I need some horns but I can't find any of them and I never photographed them.

Not a specific spot but check around closer to Lookout Town. I needed early game parts late and I had the most luck finding normal bokoblins and boss bokoblins around the newbies areas. Some of em still scale but I managed to find enough horns just cleaning up early game areas I never explored or combed over before.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Got hit with some nasty joycon drift on the right stick yesterday that persisted after trying to clean it twice. I've had it on the left one before but this is way worse. It disrupts gyro aim and seems to also delay/disrupt button presses as well, basically makes the game unplayable. Here's hoping the replacement hall effect sticks solve it. I;m thinking about thos Tears.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I think I will need a new pro controller, the R trigger is starting to have response issues. Anything recommended other then a new Nintendo brand one?

I'll say I almost never use the joycons, like ever, because I learned when switching between them during XB2 there is a slight delay in button press timing compared to the controller and it was a huge pain in the rear end to trying and go back and forth.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

pentyne posted:

I think I will need a new pro controller, the R trigger is starting to have response issues. Anything recommended other then a new Nintendo brand one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QJ23DBK/

~$35 right now, I've used one of these for two years next month and it's still working fine.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

sirbeefalot posted:

Got hit with some nasty joycon drift on the right stick yesterday that persisted after trying to clean it twice. I've had it on the left one before but this is way worse. It disrupts gyro aim and seems to also delay/disrupt button presses as well, basically makes the game unplayable. Here's hoping the replacement hall effect sticks solve it. I;m thinking about thos Tears.
until you do get the replacement, remember the switch has a calibration setting to deal with the worst of it

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

pentyne posted:

This Great Plateau eyes quest is infuriating. Apparently the quest tags the eyes as dropped into the depths but it will constantly cause them to respawn back above ground.

You're supposed to follow them down and bring them to the quest giver.

Edit: Follow them one at a time I mean.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Was wandering around some trees yesterday when I had my first encounter with those hands and jesus christ are those things terrifying. I don't wanna know what they do tho i hope they pull you into the depths, I noped out so drat fast

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
slap those hands before they get to the cookie jar

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
The only way to make sure those hands are dead is to nuke them from orbit. That is, throw bombs at them until they die. Or at least that's my tried and true strategy.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

kliras posted:

until you do get the replacement, remember the switch has a calibration setting to deal with the worst of it

Tried that as well, a couple times. No matter what the right stick wants to push about 50% to the right every 5-10 seconds. I was also playing on yuzu and I think that has a deadzone setting that helped to mask it a bit, but playing on the switch itself is just so much more seamless and convenient (until it doesn't work, lol).

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Do the hands always spawn a Phantom Ganondorf fight?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

bobmcdynamite posted:

You're supposed to follow them down and bring them to the quest giver.

Edit: Follow them one at a time I mean.

Yeah this went fine for me except one of them. After using rails to bring it to the drop off location I went around picking up poes before taking the quest item up to the drop. The quest item returned to the surface before I got back to it so I had to do the whole rail section again. Not a big deal but a little frustrating.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

HellOnEarth posted:

Do the hands always spawn a Phantom Ganondorf fight?

No. I've beaten a few that didn't though it was before I'd encountered Phantomdorf, so it might be tied to that or escalation level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Man, the Switch really struggles with the Water Temple, doesn't it.