Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

mbt posted:

this rules, good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

how do i fix the max medium armour trainer not spawning and the max armorer trainer not actually offering training? according to the wiki and google, Morrowind Patch Project was supposed to fix them, but it's apparently obsolete and replaced with Morrowind Code Patch and Patch for Purists, but i have both of those and neither seems to have fixed the issues. i couldn't see anything about it in the settings for MCP, and i can't find any settings for PFP

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

how do i fix the max medium armour trainer not spawning and the max armorer trainer not actually offering training? according to the wiki and google, Morrowind Patch Project was supposed to fix them, but it's apparently obsolete and replaced with Morrowind Code Patch and Patch for Purists, but i have both of those and neither seems to have fixed the issues. i couldn't see anything about it in the settings for MCP, and i can't find any settings for PFP

You console command them at the docks because apparently it doesn't fix that. MCP doesn't do that kind of thing, that's firmly pfp's gently caress up somehow. I'm kind of amazed.

placeatpc "cinia urtius" 1 0 0

Idk why you wouldn't do this first lol it's 10x easier than dealing with configuration settings

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

mbt posted:

Idk why you wouldn't do this first lol it's 10x easier than dealing with configuration settings

I didn't know you could! Thanks. Still wondering if there's a way to fix the Armorer dude. He spawns but doesn't offer training. I guess I can just look up how to console my Armorer skill to 100. Not that I actually need to since fixing stuff is easy but I kinda want to make a maxed out character with all skills at 100 just for the hell of it

e: okay I spawned in the medium armour trainer but she doesn't offer training either. guess i'll console the skill itself too

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 20, 2023

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

I didn't know you could! Thanks. Still wondering if there's a way to fix the Armorer dude. He spawns but doesn't offer training. I guess I can just look up how to console my Armorer skill to 100. Not that I actually need to since fixing stuff is easy but I kinda want to make a maxed out character with all skills at 100 just for the hell of it

e: okay I spawned in the medium armour trainer but she doesn't offer training either. guess i'll console the skill itself too

weirdly the master armorer only offers training with the lefemm official plugin lol

i have no idea why patch for purists doesn't change these. i'll ask

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

why doesn't the steam version of this 20 year old game come with all the plugins anyway? they don't seem to be available at all

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

why doesn't the steam version of this 20 year old game come with all the plugins anyway? they don't seem to be available at all

you can download them on uesp: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Plugins (if i remember correctly you can just use this instead though https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43931?tab=description)

they weren't ever officially released in like the goty edition is why steam doesn't have them. gog cares so bundled them in.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Yeah they were only ever officially distrubuted through bethesda's website but it looks like they were taken down in some redesign that happened since then.

e: Found it and it had a warning on one mod I think is relevant. Looks like the LaFemme armor won't work if you have a TNT2 so watch out for that.

https://web.archive.org/web/20021003214101fw_/http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php?url=/downloads/media_wallpapers.htm&bg=05

Rahu fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 20, 2023

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

Half of them are poo poo or pointless so it's a blessing. No don't pretend you've ever used the propylon chambers, nobody has

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Bitter Coast sounds was probably the best one

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Half of them are poo poo or pointless so it's a blessing. No don't pretend you've ever used the propylon chambers, nobody has

I would agree but I always end up doing the full scavenger hunt with that guy in Caldera just to get the Master Index and have yet another semi-useful mode of fast travel

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Cross-Section posted:

I would agree but I always end up doing the full scavenger hunt with that guy in Caldera just to get the Master Index and have yet another semi-useful mode of fast travel

Yeah the 500 drakes per turn-in is great and having easy access to that network with all its intervention options makes the propylon network super useful tbh.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Cross-Section posted:

It would be even more useful if there were a fast travel option to the propylon network. Which, since I did the update on CDCooly’s master index mod replacement, hmm…

E. poo poo my server is down again. It’s this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/szts877hej7qwja/Propylons_1.3.7z?dl=0

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 20, 2023

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

sirollus saccus offers training with patch for purists

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Since they came out, I’ve never done a playthrough of the game without all official plugins.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

chaosapiant posted:

Since they came out, I’ve never done a playthrough of the game without all official plugins.

Same but I've literally never actually used any of the content

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Here again to defend fort skeletonmoth with over 50 skeletons to fight

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
same except iirc the firemoth one conflicts with TR

i sorta wish there was a way to toggle boobplate modes on the various armors tbh. I dunno how it would actually work in practice but i feel like some chars would be more pragmatic and not all titted out :shrug:

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

same except iirc the firemoth one conflicts with TR

i sorta wish there was a way to toggle boobplate modes on the various armors tbh. I dunno how it would actually work in practice but i feel like some chars would be more pragmatic and not all titted out :shrug:

There's the defemme versions which remove the female alts of all armors, and it's literally a single drop-down in the CS to remove them from which armors you want. Actually making it in a character by character basis would either require making a custom alt id of the armor for each NPC or maybe possibly doing it through a lua script? but if you just think the boob plates are dumb it's very easy to remove yourself

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah it's a really not well formed thought or a big deal

i decided i should stop coming in here and vaguely mentioning that i have a mod i worked on 3 years ago and never finished, and i should actually write the fuckin mod already. So i figure i should go back and look at the crap i had and I start by opening up mod organizer, and half my mods are super out of date but don't update or queue? I figure I should probably deal with this and went and logged back into nexus and also disconnected and reconnected MO, and i apparently have a large number of API numbers and it doesn't want to update anything at all? When it checks for updates these numbers go down, but nothing changes.

I force checked some mods which are claimed to be out of date, and it just sorta doesn't do anything. Clearly tamriel rebuilt is out of date, it says on both nexus and in MO that the up to date version is not the one i have installed, it has a giant bold red version number, and it comes up saying "none of your morrowind mods appear to have had recent file updates" and uses no bandwidth :iiam:

Idk i'm tempted to just reinstall everything but at the same time that seems v tedious and not like anything i want to do. I'll let it run a minute and see if anything changes i guess?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
also if anybody's still in touch with the guy who bound the sermons and feels like it please send him my apologies for shitposting up the thread like a dumbass

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

yeah it's a really not well formed thought or a big deal

i decided i should stop coming in here and vaguely mentioning that i have a mod i worked on 3 years ago and never finished, and i should actually write the fuckin mod already. So i figure i should go back and look at the crap i had and I start by opening up mod organizer, and half my mods are super out of date but don't update or queue? I figure I should probably deal with this and went and logged back into nexus and also disconnected and reconnected MO, and i apparently have a large number of API numbers and it doesn't want to update anything at all? When it checks for updates these numbers go down, but nothing changes.

I force checked some mods which are claimed to be out of date, and it just sorta doesn't do anything. Clearly tamriel rebuilt is out of date, it says on both nexus and in MO that the up to date version is not the one i have installed, it has a giant bold red version number, and it comes up saying "none of your morrowind mods appear to have had recent file updates" and uses no bandwidth :iiam:

Idk i'm tempted to just reinstall everything but at the same time that seems v tedious and not like anything i want to do. I'll let it run a minute and see if anything changes i guess?

Why update the mods if it works

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
A lot of em were workable but ended up with random crashes at the time of install. I had to disable them but left em in in case they got fixed. Some have moved from idk 0.2 to like 1.9 or something? I didn't actually even start the game, I was just like... what the gently caress?

Messing around with vs code trying to re-remember what I was doing & how to work with things, there are a ton of warnings popping up that i don't think were there before. I was planning on redoing the mod if i had to, but i might just pull the plug and start the whole entire environment over.

Even steam is telling me there's some cloud conflict. Gotta look it over when I get time I guess. Luckily the stuff I wrote was practically 50% comments explaining what each piece was supposed to do lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

A lot of em were workable but ended up with random crashes at the time of install. I had to disable them but left em in in case they got fixed. Some have moved from idk 0.2 to like 1.9 or something? I didn't actually even start the game, I was just like... what the gently caress?

Messing around with vs code trying to re-remember what I was doing & how to work with things, there are a ton of warnings popping up that i don't think were there before. I was planning on redoing the mod if i had to, but i might just pull the plug and start the whole entire environment over.

Even steam is telling me there's some cloud conflict. Gotta look it over when I get time I guess. Luckily the stuff I wrote was practically 50% comments explaining what each piece was supposed to do lol

What's the mod about? It's still may modathon time to release!!!!

What would make it incompatible unless it's dependent on stuff?

Ashurbanipal
Jun 2, 2010
I saw caves of qud come up in this thread, bought it, and immediately became enamored. also tried kenshi in the past and, while kinda weird, also an instant temporary addiction. anyone got any other banger recommendations?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

mbt posted:

What's the mod about? It's still may modathon time to release!!!!

What would make it incompatible unless it's dependent on stuff?

It's the one that lets you pick up containers and put them into your inventory.

E: yeah I updated mwse and there's apparently some things have been changed or are otherwise getting flagged as weird

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ashurbanipal posted:

I saw caves of qud come up in this thread, bought it, and immediately became enamored. also tried kenshi in the past and, while kinda weird, also an instant temporary addiction. anyone got any other banger recommendations?

Outward gave me a lot of Morrowind vibes although I guess it's probably closer to Gothic

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Ashurbanipal posted:

Dread Delusion has a bit of that weird early 2000s RPG vibe, still in early access but development continues apace

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1574240/Dread_Delusion/

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Ashurbanipal posted:

A good game in the same mould is Age of Decadence, it's a Fallout-like game in a Kenshi-style world, but it's designed to have multiple independent paths through it. Not like Fallout itself where you can do things in a different way or order, in AoD depending on your choices you'll see events from entirely different perspectives - or even just hear about them. You can be a legionary who fights for some noble on the border, an assassin in service of said noble, a thief involved in opposition to the noble, merchant involved in the political machinations, etc. There are also corresponding different endings and achievements. It's pretty great.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/230070/The_Age_of_Decadence/

There are multiple LPs of the game on SA, but the one on the Let's Play Archive is by rudycerus if you want to see a bit more of the game beforehand: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910661

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 22, 2023

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Hey can I force steam to install a new copy along side my current install or should I go through with it, nuke this one & redo a clean baseline? Just deadass vanilla except for what is needed to lua

Searching it seems you can do some renaming trick I guess but gently caress it I should just start over I think

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hey can I force steam to install a new copy along side my current install or should I go through with it, nuke this one & redo a clean baseline? Just deadass vanilla except for what is needed to lua

Searching it seems you can do some renaming trick I guess but gently caress it I should just start over I think

Gog users stay winning

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Lol if you aren't installing off your 20 year-old disc.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Does it count if I have the disc but don't use it since I no longer own a cd drive

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Lol if you aren't installing off your 20 year-old disc.

My disc exploded into shards in the CD drive in 2004

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
I got rid of most of my discs when I moved across three states. :saddowns:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dragomorph posted:

I got rid of most of my discs when I moved across three states. :saddowns:

may you find all that you seek, traveler

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Man building mwse menus sucks. Telling it I want the children to flow left to right doesn't seem to do anything, so I presume I gotta put a block in first, then tell that left to right, then put all my crap in that? I want one button and a text box next to it.

Is there a way to build it in init & just turn it on and off or do I have to build it every time? Cause there's a weird delay for a split second when I destroy my extra panel. I originally had it inject all the extra buttons into the original menu but I don't like that it might screw up someone else's mod tbh.

Basically I want an extra pane to show up underneath the inventory menu for certain containers, & it shows up and looks like poo poo. Trying to do a non-resizable panel would be better but it insists on slamming it into the center of the screen.

Anyway once I get this half rear end figured out I think I will be able to not only fix the crash problem but also make it so you can look inside a container that is already in your inventory.

If I can do that then the next steps would be things like making it work with contraband, figuring a way to generate inventory icons, maybe making certain containers show up as equipped on your belt or something. Getting it to functionally work is ofc the main thing

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Man building mwse menus sucks. Telling it I want the children to flow left to right doesn't seem to do anything, so I presume I gotta put a block in first, then tell that left to right, then put all my crap in that? I want one button and a text box next to it.

Is there a way to build it in init & just turn it on and off or do I have to build it every time? Cause there's a weird delay for a split second when I destroy my extra panel. I originally had it inject all the extra buttons into the original menu but I don't like that it might screw up someone else's mod tbh.

Basically I want an extra pane to show up underneath the inventory menu for certain containers, & it shows up and looks like poo poo. Trying to do a non-resizable panel would be better but it insists on slamming it into the center of the screen.

Anyway once I get this half rear end figured out I think I will be able to not only fix the crash problem but also make it so you can look inside a container that is already in your inventory.

If I can do that then the next steps would be things like making it work with contraband, figuring a way to generate inventory icons, maybe making certain containers show up as equipped on your belt or something. Getting it to functionally work is ofc the main thing

Your best bet is just find a mod that does something similar and copy it. You can toggle visibility but attaching it to an existing container is easier. What would be incompatible with it? As long as you're doing stuff like adding child nodes to a container node it will autosort

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I saw there were some mods that had various kinds of progress bars to show how full your crates were, stuff like that. I pretty much just entirely filled the whole button panel part of the inventory menu full of invisible crap so that my stuff would show up on the left side instead of pushing vanilla buttons all over to make room

This secondary panel actually makes it easier in some ways. I can scrap about half the ui, and all my stuff stays out of the way when it's not applicable.

It looks weirder than I expected & also I'm just super unfamiliar with how most of this is supposed to work, but we'll see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

theres a mod that dynamically generates class images based on major and minor skills

remember this screen you see for 5 seconds? theres a mod for that