Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on King Charles’s coronation vestments – The king and queen consort will be attired in historic garments worn at past coronations, with numerous costume changes, Buckingham Palace has said"

Telegraph:

Keir Starmer drops Labour’s free university tuition pledge

Matt:

Independent:

After Barry Scott et al.

Times:

BP beats forecasts with £4bn quarterly profit

Evening Standard:

Starmer ‘confident’ Sue Gray did not break rules over Labour role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:ducksiren: Local elections day! :ducksiren:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on messages to the monarch – ‘Intimidatory’ official warning letters sent to anti-monarchists planning peaceful protests at coronation"

Telegraph:

Zelensky denies Putin 'assassination attempt'

Matt:

Dogs at polling stations for local elections - with own IDs

Independent:

Times:

Evneing Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on protests at King Charles III’s coronation – Anti-monarchy campaign group Republic has been planning protests under the banner ‘Not My King’"

Telegraph:

Ukraine war: Zelensky visits The Hague after new strikes in Ukraine

Matt:

"How the Coronation quiche managed to offend everyone"

Independent:

Number of voters turned away under government’s new ID laws will not be fully counted

Times:

Russia accuses Ukraine of drone attack on President Putin

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
The Behattening.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Byam Shaw.

The i paper:

Times:

Local election results: PM’s worst fears realised as Tories shed 1,000 seats

Also!
https://twitter.com/stephen_collins/status/1654783700381360129

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Local elections: the end is nigh for the Conservatives – The bell tolls for the party as councils tumble across the country"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

“Yes, Sir. We’ve been getting quite a few enquiries about how long your street party is going to last”

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s local elections hangover – Conservatives are engaging in soul-searching after the party lost more than 1,000 seats in Thursday’s vote"

Telegraph:

Times:

Police detain women’s safety volunteers in ‘heavy-handed’ coronation clampdown; How Penny Mordaunt became a star of the coronation; Even critics of the monarchy think Zadok the Priest is an ‘absolute banger’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on policing and the coronation – As King Charles was crowed on Saturday, the Met arrested 64 people including anti-monarchists, environmentalists and women’s safety campaigners"

Telegraph:

The receptionist will see you now: GP staff to get training to assess patients

Matt:

The seven illnesses you won't need to see a GP for treatment under Rishi Sunak's plans

Times:

Russia Victory Day: Putin denounces West during parade speech

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
[standard insult at Blower]

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Vladimir Putin’s Victory Day speech – Russian cruise missiles exploded in the air over Kyiv as Vladimir Putin marked the anniversary of victory over the Nazis with another attack on Ukraine"

Telegraph:

Times:

Iain Duncan Smith condemns minister’s first visit to Hong Kong since China crackdown

Evening Standard:

Donald Trump civil case: Jury finds former president sexually abused and defamed writer E Jean Carroll

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on a sinking feeling for Vladimir Putin – A Ukrainian military commander has said that Russian forces in Bakhmut have been pushed back by up to 2km in some areas"

Telegraph:

Eurovision Song Contest, being held in Liverpool this year.

Matt:

"Peer-on-peer action the order of the day at Justin Welby’s Lords cameo - The Archbishop of Canterbury took centre stage at a debate which saw Number 10’s proposals for the Illegal Migration Bill being torn apart"

Yesterday's Independent:

Independent:

Donald Trump found liable for sexual abuse in E Jean Carroll trial

Times:

Donald Trump faces new claims from women in his White House

Evening Standard:

Archbishop of Canterbury to condemn Illegal Migration Bill in Lords

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Donald Trump staying on the campaign trail despite court verdict – The former president’s standing among supporters appears intact after he was ordered to pay E Jean Carroll $5m in her sexual abuse case"

Telegraph:

Capita says Russian cyber attack will cost £20m to clean up

Matt:

Get ready for two more years of surging prices, says Bank of England

Independent:

Climbdown on bonfire of EU laws sparks fury among Brexiteers

Times:

Penny Mordaunt took painkillers to help with coronation sword

Evening Standard:

UK economy stuck in first gear as GDP plunges in March; Two days of train strikes set to cause travel chaos across London and other parts of the UK

Stephen Collins:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on a very rum crew – Justin Welby has taken issue with Conservative ministers over their ‘morally unacceptable’ illegal migration bill"

Matt:

'I don't watch Eurovision', says rail union boss inflicting strike chaos on fans

Independent:

UK economy grows slightly in first quarter but slumps unexpectedly in March; After Harry van der Weyden.

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Nul points: the Tories do Eurovision – High interest rates, Brexit, sluggish growth… the Conservatives belt out their greatest hits"

Sunday Telegraph:

I don’t care if people think I’m a conservative, says Starmer as he vows New Labour ‘on steroids’

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Sweden wins Eurovision song contest in Liverpool with Loreen

Mail on Sunday:

'You can come down now, Grandad. Eurovision is over.'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on submerged threat to high-flying prime minister – Backers of Boris Johnson talk of renewed push for No 10, as Rishi Sunak criticised for short-hop helicopter rides" After David Hockney.

Telegraph:

India to force Britain into colonial 'reckoning' with treasure demands

Times:

Census 2021: More than half of adults aged 24 and under live with parents

Evening Standard:

Braverman insists it is not hypocritical of her to push for lower migration

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I don't know how it is for anyone else but images have refused to load for me in this thread the past few days. If you're using imgur, I hear they're on some bullshit throttling access or something.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Boy, has Adams hit a tipping point with the NatCs conference that's on going?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Zelenskiy’s visit to Chequers – The Ukrainian president flew for a meeting with Rishi Sunak, who promised to supply more weapons for Ukraine’s fight against Russia’s invasion"

Telegraph:

Keir Starmer to give millions of EU nationals the vote

Matt:

Prince Andrew intends to honour the 55 years left on his lease, friends say

Times:

Cabinet ministers approve just one of Suella Braverman’s immigration plans

Evening Standard:

Vodafone to cut 11,000 jobs as CEO says ‘our performance has not been good enough’

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Suella Braverman’s dreams of being in No 10 — Despairing Conservative MPs have accused Suella Braverman of making a bid for the future leadership of the party with a partisan speech railing against experts and elites"

Telegraph:

How to know if you are paying 60pc, 70pc or even 100pc tax

Matt:

Michael Gove prepares to rip up landlords’ rulebook

Times:

Evening Standard:

Brexit has failed, says Nigel Farage

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on global temperatures heading towards ‘uncharted territory’ – The world is likely to breach the 1.5C climate threshold in the next five years and almost certain to see record-breaking heat, scientists have warned"

Telegraph:

Free speech in peril as trans row engulfs Oxford University

Matt:

"Britain has a serious problem: no one wants to work"

Times:

"Martha Stewart is flashing her cleavage at 81. Must we all?"

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak says UK in talks with EU to allay carmakers’ Brexit concerns

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Imgur has stopped loading for me again so I can't see any of these, but given the topic I feel confident in giving a massive "gently caress OFF, you tedious prick" to Blower

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You can add Matt too, being paid £640,000 a year to draw squiggles of people being too lazy to work picking fruit.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on the UK’s housing crisis – Michael Gove’s long-delayed bill reforming aspects of private renting has been criticised as ‘too little, too late’"

Telegraph:

Net migration may top one million this year, Home Office fears

Matt:

Prince Harry and Meghan in 'near catastrophic car chase' with paparazzi in New York

Independent:

Water bills will rise for decades to stop sewage spills

Times:

Evening Standard:

BT to shed up to 55,000 jobs by end of decade as robots take over

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the world’s 1.5C global heating limit — The year the world breaches for the first time the 1.5C global heating limit set by international governments is fast approaching, a new forecast shows"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak derails Boris Johnson's Great British Railways plan

Matt:

Independent:

Suella Braverman creating law to seize small boat migrants’ phones – despite ongoing investigation; After Rafal Olbinski.

The i paper:

Times:

Joe Biden won’t apologise for Hiroshima bombing on G7 visit

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Water companies ‘apologise’ to their customers – Sewage, sewage everywhere… and still your bills go up"

Sunday Telegraph:

Volodymyr Zelensky’s historic G7 trip sends ‘powerful message’ against Russian brutality

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

How obesity is draining the NHS of up to £14BILLION of much-needed cash every year: Fat people cost TWICE as much, analysis claims

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
gently caress off Matt.
gently caress off Mac.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
and yet someone will indeed order a print of that Mac cartoon

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Suella Braverman’s speeding fine – Road safety campaigners have accused the UK home secretary of trying to downplay the dangers of speeding after she reportedly requested a private speed awareness course after being caught driving over the speed limit"

Telegraph:

Chelsea Flower Show: ‘The majority of gardens were not charming cameos of great design’

Times:

"Visibly angry Rishi Sunak may have lost patience with Suella Braverman’s misjudgments"

Evening Standard:

"Weeds at Chelsea? Welcome to the horticulture wars"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Telegraph:

Chelsea Flower Show: ‘The majority of gardens were not charming cameos of great design’

In order to seize Tory territory, the Lib Dems had to push marginally to the right, and Starmer's Labour had to push marginally to the left.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

If anyone cares to be curious, the Torygraph's problem with Chelsea Garden Show this year was that it was too woke.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Private Speech posted:

If anyone cares to be curious, the Torygraph's problem with Chelsea Garden Show this year was that it was too woke.

I'm going to regret asking this, I'm certain, but: how does a Garden Show become "too woke?" In what way can a garden be woke or unwoke? What on earth could "woke" possibly mean in the context of judging gardens?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

PT6A posted:

I'm going to regret asking this, I'm certain, but: how does a Garden Show become "too woke?" In what way can a garden be woke or unwoke? What on earth could "woke" possibly mean in the context of judging gardens?

Many of the gardens were dedicated to charities and some incorporated a logo or concept of the charity in its design. Also, the telegraph reckons, this lead to a more naturalistic/botanic style of the gardens as opposed to the palace-style "champagne" gardens of the past.

e: You did ask.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 23, 2023

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Suella Braverman’s travails over her speeding fine – Has the home secretary got right on her side in the row over her allegedly trying to arrange a one-on-one speed awareness course?"

Telegraph:

Russia sends more troops to Bakhmut after Putin declares victory

Matt:

Times:

Chelsea Flower Show 2023 review: Plenty to admire, but little to make your heart sing

Evening Standard:

Dominic Raab to stand down at next election

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Daniel Christie on the fast and furious Tories – It’s a race to the bottom with the home secretary’s speeding fine, foreign secretary’s jet-setting and deteriorating rights under Sunak’s government" Also Fast X review – more overcranked nonsense with Vin Diesel and co

Telegraph:

BLM moves in under Tate Britain's 'inclusive' rehang; "Tate Britain has turned ‘a walk through British art’ into a hectoring history lesson"

gently caress Off Matt:

Teacher who 'misgendered' pupil banned from profession

Independent:

Times:

Dominic Raab to resign as MP after ‘pressure of job on family’

Evening Standard:

‘No ministerial intervention’ in decision to refer Johnson to police, Chalk says

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson axing his government lawyers – Boris Johnson has severed ties with government lawyers supporting him during the Covid inquiry, with allies saying he had ‘lost faith’ in the system after he was reported to police over fresh Partygate allegations"

Telegraph:

Food producers are keeping prices high, says Andrew Bailey

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Net migration to UK climbs to new record of 606,000

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on a fall in Great Britain’s energy price cap – Great Britain’s energy price cap has fallen to £2,074 a year, but the average household will still pay almost double the rate for their gas and electricity than before costs started to soar"

Telegraph:

Crackling voices that sounded like a pre-war wireless: DeSantis launch marred by Twitter shambles

Matt:

Independent:

Boris Johnson referred to police over fresh claims he broke lockdown rules; Tina Turner, 83, died of natural causes at home in Switzerland, says report

Times:

Evening Standard:

Chancellor backs interest rate hikes even if they risk UK recession

Stephen Collins:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings: a bumpy ride for the Tories – The Conservatives have endured another bruising week, with fresh warnings of recession, criticism over migration numbers, and more Johnson hijinx"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt will accept a recession if it brings down inflation

Matt:

Man arrested after car crashes into gates of Downing Street

Independent:

Boris Johnson sitting on ‘ticking timebomb’ over new Partygate claims, say senior Tories After Clive Uptton.

The i paper:

Times:

Child abuse charge for driver who hit No 10 gate

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
the terrorism was light hearted japes b/c it was just an angry old white bloke

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
An angry old white paedophile

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings: a bumpy ride for the Tories – The Conservatives have endured another bruising week, with fresh warnings of recession, criticism over migration numbers, and more Johnson hijinx"

When your caricature of Suella Braverman is so bad you need to put her initials on her shirt. And I'm assuming the one with a sign is Kemi Badenoch? Is that Jeremy Hunt next to her?

On the other hand the Therese Coffey is very good & I like the Wormbama stylings of that Rishi Sunak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Braverman caricature is 80s anime face, Badenoch is late 90s Disney, Johnson is 30s newspaper comic. Lots of styles going on there.