Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

also, aside from all this airport stuff, i've heard from friends in illegal states that its way easier to get weed through the mail now. like some dispensaries will just mail stuff anywhere in the US. i have not tried that myself though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Earwicker posted:

also, aside from all this airport stuff, i've heard from friends in illegal states that its way easier to get weed through the mail now. like some dispensaries will just mail stuff anywhere in the US. i have not tried that myself though

:haibrow: Shipping weed through the mail is legit AF because it requires a warrant to search the package. Pay cash for a USPS flatrate box and put a bogus return address, if it doesnt make it then it doesnt make it :shrug:

Shipping weed through UPS or Fedex is a one-way ride to jailtown though. Don't gently caress around with them. :hmmno:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Vampire Panties posted:

:ssh: vape carts dont show up on baggage scans :ssh:

Had an international flight stopover in finland and they took my vape battery and a couple lighters but left the weed vape cart

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Arizer is heating up and I'm about to go apeshit on 3 Double Doubles from In-N-Out.

Can I get an Amen?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

sigher posted:

The Arizer is heating up and I'm about to go apeshit on 3 Double Doubles from In-N-Out.

Can I get an Amen?

animal fries are the light and the truth

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

sigher posted:

Can I get an Amen?

a m e n

coming off a few bowls in the arizer and now it's dab time, I got some concentrates because of bad influence of friends (love u sk) and I'm dabbing After Chem and it's just these giant clear rocks and it's good

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
hot drat I think it's time to achieve borgar thank you

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

praise be :420:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Is it worth my while to ask for recommendations on vape pens/batteries or more sensible to walk down to local shop and get whatever they got?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Depends on how “serious” you want to get about it.

A lot of times the pen-style batteries with three temperature settings are all people need and want, and pretty much every place sells those. They’re about $8-10 and quality will be a crapshoot.

Edit: if you go this route I would very strongly recommend a battery that goes below 3.0 volts. The cheapest of the cheap bottom out at 3, and many people find that too harsh with THC cartridges.

If you want actual temperature (actually voltage) control and a somewhat smaller footprint, look at a Yocan Kodo Pro or a Yocan Uni Pro.

No need to get deeper in, imo, until you try those for a while and see if they’re less than you want, and you can identify what you’d like to improve.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 21, 2023

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Jelly posted:

Is it worth my while to ask for recommendations on vape pens/batteries or more sensible to walk down to local shop and get whatever they got?

These are good, cheap enough not to cry about losing and ship free.

https://www.lighterusa.com/products/ccell-m3b-pro-510-battery

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

some of the cheaper ones stop charging properly after a while and die

ive been using this one for about a year and its been good, though it only has three basic temperature settings. it says $45 on the site but it was only $20 at my dispensary. what i really like about it though is that it charges with just a regular usb-c cable, no need for a janky little adapter thing, and it charges very fast

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Just had some weed. Now Wife just got home and she also wants some weed. Welp.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

eddiewalker posted:

These are good, cheap enough not to cry about losing and ship free.

https://www.lighterusa.com/products/ccell-m3b-pro-510-battery

Thanks, ordered a couple of these

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
another plug for Hamilton's batteries, I have a few and they're pretty solid though I wish my auto draw could be set to a lower voltage, it's not variable

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I have been liking my yocan uni pro plus, except that the height adjustment switch on it is really hard to move.

May be real or not, but I think the new pax era’s with the “anti-clog” feature has burned some of my pods. Just going back to the pro model I guess.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Why does my 510 cart keep clogging, and how can I make it stop? I don't really hit the pen a lot, but it sucks that whenever I want to I have to really heat it up and draw on it super hard a few times before it finally breaks through.

I usually store the pen right side up (tip facing up) when I'm not using it.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Why does my 510 cart keep clogging, and how can I make it stop? I don't really hit the pen a lot, but it sucks that whenever I want to I have to really heat it up and draw on it super hard a few times before it finally breaks through.

I usually store the pen right side up (tip facing up) when I'm not using it.

Button battery so you can pre-heat it for a second before drawing, and continue drawing after you turn it off.

And quit sucking so drat hard. It’s not a milkshake

eddiewalker fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 21, 2023

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
That's what he said

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I just ripped from a huge bong. Like, the Rocco Siffredi of bongs.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
I heard we're smoking weed in here

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Bjay9 posted:

I heard we're smoking weed in here

:haibrow:

:350:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

That's a great idea.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
did a bunch of dabs this weekend and like, I got high but not that high...I think I'm immune to weed.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LifeSunDeath posted:

did a bunch of dabs this weekend and like, I got high but not that high...I think I'm immune to weed.

same, I think I'm gonna switch to edibles for a bit if I can

got lots of flower, just need to turn it into food

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

Dank Settlers of Catan

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Had my first weed in a month...it was fairly nice. I had a good time.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Code Jockey posted:

nice, what's your conversion method of choice? I've been decarbing flower into butter and immediately using that in chocolate peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

dervival posted:

nice, what's your conversion method of choice? I've been decarbing flower into butter and immediately using that in chocolate peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

I've got a Levo II and for small batches I like to decarb with it, but if not that, I like to use my instant pot since it's even less smell. 40 mins high pressure in a finger-tight mason jar does the trick, then it's into either butter or MCT oil. For the infusions I'll either use the Levo (which is easy - decarb in it, dump in the material to infuse with, then run the infusion cycle and you're done) or infuse in the instant pot: 4 hour low temp slow cook in a water bath, stirring occasionally

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Vlaphor posted:

Had my first weed in a month...it was fairly nice. I had a good time.

:hfive: nice work, you'd mentioned itt that you had to take a break for a bit

been thinking about this Durban Poison I saw at the weed store. May go pick some up; that is the only strain that I genuinely like.

Dumb question for the thread - wtf is Sinsemilla? is it just cloned bud? I heard that Sinsemilla is its own strain, like Acapulco Gold and that its a different high, sorta like how Durban Poison or Lamb's Bread are different strains (from different global locations IIRC) but whenever I've asked about it at a weed shop they only knew the song.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Code Jockey posted:

I've got a Levo II and for small batches I like to decarb with it, but if not that, I like to use my instant pot since it's even less smell. 40 mins high pressure in a finger-tight mason jar does the trick, then it's into either butter or MCT oil. For the infusions I'll either use the Levo (which is easy - decarb in it, dump in the material to infuse with, then run the infusion cycle and you're done) or infuse in the instant pot: 4 hour low temp slow cook in a water bath, stirring occasionally

nice, nice - my setup is a bit more ersatz (decarb flower by itself in oven, put that flower into butter and place that mix into a hot water bath for the infusion cycle) but it sounds fairly similar then!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TheKingslayer posted:

I just ripped from a huge bong. Like, the Rocco Siffredi of bongs.

It's only smellz!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Vampire Panties posted:

:hfive: nice work, you'd mentioned itt that you had to take a break for a bit

been thinking about this Durban Poison I saw at the weed store. May go pick some up; that is the only strain that I genuinely like.

Dumb question for the thread - wtf is Sinsemilla? is it just cloned bud? I heard that Sinsemilla is its own strain, like Acapulco Gold and that its a different high, sorta like how Durban Poison or Lamb's Bread are different strains (from different global locations IIRC) but whenever I've asked about it at a weed shop they only knew the song.

The language around weed changes a lot based on time and place but my understanding is that Sinsemilla just means no seeds

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
That’s right. It was an important distinction in, say, 1980.

Edit: and Durban Poison is the only sativa-labeled strain I’ve found (so far) that doesn’t make me feel anxious.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 22, 2023

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

That’s right. It was an important distinction in, say, 1980 2003.

Last time I saw seeds in weed was a brick of mexican shwag that my roommate and I split. I think it broke down to 50 bux an ounce? also it was leather brown and had a tiny bit of gravel in it :barf:

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Edit: and Durban Poison is the only sativa-labeled strain I’ve found (so far) that doesn’t make me feel anxious.

IIRC Durban Poison is a standalone strain of cannabis from South Africa, although I have no idea what the lineage is/means compared to something like Blue Dream. A million years ago a medicinal budtender told me that Durban Poison was from South Africa, Lamb's Bread was from Jamaica, and Acapulco Gold was obviously from Mexico. They said the strains were different because they differentiated naturally. Fwiw, I've seen Durban Poison relatively infrequently, I've seen actual Lamb's Bread maybe twice? and I've seen pics of Acapulco Gold. They all appear to be physically different strains, but in retrospect that is apocryphal at best.

IME Durban Poison has its own taste, unlike the minty or lemony uber-THC hydro strains that are :airquote: the Sativas :airquote: at the local weed shop. Since it seems like the indica/sativa categorization may not actually exist, its possible that Durban Poison has a specific combo of terpenes that are energetic w/o being paranoid.

I wish they would legalize this poo poo so they could research the important parts of weed and figure out how to custom-grow my own perfect high

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
It’s ugly as sin but you might enjoy this site

https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Durban_Poison/Dutch_Passion/genealogy/

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Anyone ever try strains like Cat Piss, Dog poo poo, Ape poo poo, poo poo on a Stick, etc? I'm sure they're fine, I've just never had the privilege of purchasing such a thing with a name like that

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
scariest i ever got was garlic cheese or m. thunderfuck, not sure i want to rip a cloud of dog poo poo

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
A popular strain here is called Queso Perro, which I choose to believe translates to Dog Cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
One of the dispensaries has cheetah piss but I haven’t bought it.