Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah. He’s very self aware and snarky and quips nonstop through the film with ADR when his face isn’t on screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OyKXQEESE0

Man, the shame is I actually like that fight alright, but the dialog is placeholder as all hell. A 'what have you been eating' and an honest-to-god 'I'm gonna feel that in the morning' in the same scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Alan Smithee posted:

do i even wanna know

I can’t even find video of it on YouTube, but basically whenever a ghost is called on in a seance they sort of extrude out of the mouth of the person summoning them. It is almost a neat idea, but the CGI isn’t great and it feels undercooked if you think about it at ALL.

Hasturtium fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 20, 2023

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

All the Indy 5 reviews I’ve seen basically just say it’s a success in that it’s better than 4.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Chairman Capone posted:

All the Indy 5 reviews I’ve seen basically just say it’s a success in that it’s better than 4.
Leave it on a higher note than that and I’ll be happy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kinda funny given the rotten tomatoes score seems the opposite. But I think critics are very much vulnerable to certain kinds of nostalgia bombs, see also Ready Player One. It's just a one-time high.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

... Wrong thread.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sounds like the reviews for Indiana Jones 5 are pretty poor

Can't say I'm surprised, as now Spielberg isn't directing and Harrison Ford is just too old. Also it sounds like the opening sequence where they de-age Ford doesn't look very good.

I know people around here love Logan but Mangold is a loving terrible director. When one of his movies isn't terrible it's because it's saved by the cast.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I know people around here love Logan but Mangold is a loving terrible director. When one of his movies isn't terrible it's because it's saved by the cast.

Just a quick look reveals an almost equal amount of turds and really, really good movies. I guess the good movies have a great cast, but some of the turds do too, so *shrug*. I have absolutely no faith at all that Indiana Jones 5: What the gently caress Indiana Jones V? is gonna be good, though.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
What happened to Gareth Edwards that got him put in movie jail? Was it Rogue One? Because it still made a billion dollars and the aesthetic he created in that movie seems like it was copied going forward.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jesus, Indy 5 cost over $300 million

Disney is almost certainly taking a bath on that

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alexander Hamilton posted:

What happened to Gareth Edwards that got him put in movie jail? Was it Rogue One? Because it still made a billion dollars and the aesthetic he created in that movie seems like it was copied going forward.

IIRC Disney wasn't happy with him and kicked him off the movie with Tony Gilroy coming back and redoing some of it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Rogue One was plagued with production problems and most of 2016 was spent with Tony Gilroy rewriting the script and acting as second unit (and probably the guy actually in charge) director on reshoots.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

FlamingLiberal posted:

How much of that was replacement airplanes for Ford?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FlamingLiberal posted:

Fast X did too, didn't it?

I saw it yesterday and I guess it looked expensive.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FlamingLiberal posted:

The source for that is Scott Mendelson, who makes poo poo up out of whole cloth, regularly.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Timby posted:

The source for that is Scott Mendelson, who makes poo poo up out of whole cloth, regularly.
At first I misread this as Ben Mendelsohn and imagined he had personally defrauded Disney out of hundreds of millions of dollars

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Martman posted:

At first I misread this as Ben Mendelsohn and imagined he had personally defrauded Disney out of hundreds of millions of dollars

I doubt his role in Killing Them Softly was him on auto-pilot!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/jaybauman1/status/1660645120595591170?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Made a good movie by accident and was disciplined by Disney.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Probably the last time we'll see this, given Musk deleted accounts that haven't posted within 30 days.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Man they must have spent so much money on that shoot

They’re all in the same room together

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

RIP

https://twitter.com/thewrap/status/1660693530799423513?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My first thought was oh poo poo that sucks, my second thought was "wait he was only 58?"

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

That loving sucks. Such a great actor. Rome was an all-time great series and largely because of him in the lead.

He's with that 13th Legion in the sky now.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Absolutely terrible news. Classic "this guy rules no matter what he's in" kind of actor.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Did not realize there were three of these now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8JD139mHIk

Ugh awful news, he was awesome in everything he was in and game for fun stuff like playing the Punisher again in a kid's cartoon

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That sucks. I sort of feebly hoped the stars would align and they’d finish out the planned Rome story even if it was 20 years later. I’d have made it turn out Pullo is Jesus’ dad too.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

WHAT THE HELL

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I know I already posted but 58 is just too young.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

And yet Kissinger is still alive..

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
gently caress. Such a fun actor.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

58 is way too young. He was great in everything. That sucks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Alhazred posted:

And yet Kissinger is still alive..

he turns 100 saturday. he's gotta be a lich

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
That's loving awful. Stevenson was terrific. Just a worker of an actor, with a remarkable capacity to project being a real tough guy but one who regreted what he was. He should have lived long enough to get to do an arty western where he's the old gunslinger looking back at his legacy, wondering where it all went wrong even as violence continues to follow him. He'd have loving nailed it and we'd all have gone 'wow, who knew he was this good?' even as he brought a similarly excellent energy to everything he did, even total nonsense like Accident Man (they're great action films and he's much better in them than he needs to be)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I still can't believe this is actually going to happen

https://twitter.com/DailyLoud/status/1661068358828081164?s=20

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress yeah

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm sorry but the only thing I even see anymore whenever Good Burger comes up is Dan Schneider. He's literally all over the movie, it's like giving Subway Jared a supporting role.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
True, but I'm glad to see Kel again. Was one of my actors when I was a kid.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

live-action Minecraft movie now stars Jason Momoa and Matt Berry

https://deadline.com/2023/05/minecraft-matt-berry-jason-momoa-warner-bros-1235370880/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I love that Momoa is just having fun making crazy movies now. Apparently if you want his F&F villain character as a good guy, watch the Netflix movie Slumberland.