Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

stev posted:

If it weren't for the 'we'll show more when we're near release' update from two weeks ago I'd be expecting it but there's no way we're seeing anything for at least six years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Infinitum posted:

PS5 showcase this week

If it doesn't I'll need surprised. Into the spider-verse is June 1st so this is the perfect time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A multi-pronged spider-media assault

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

If it doesn't I'll need surprised. Into the spider-verse is June 1st so this is the perfect time.

God I hope the sequel is equal to the first movie, that film was so awesome.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Spiderman is a cert and it'll be cool but I hope we get a bit more of a substantial Wolverine tease to go with it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spiderman is likely to be the big game shown off, otherwise i'm not really expecting anything else big.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Most new toys have like a 15min cd.
I know some of the older ones got updated.

I really don't pay too much attention to them, but I know the cool toys I like to use I never have problems using?

Maybe do the DF trial and you can see if the toys you're talking about have been updated?

I was just curious, if I was gonna break boycott for anything it'd probably be to play my old hearthstone decks one more time.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Infinitum posted:

I mean most games get balance patches to stop exploits and the like, it's just more prevalent in MMOs cause allowing exploits to exist for too long impacts other players.

Not having a crack here, cause I read you loud and clear that you don't like MMOs, but I don't think this is something unique you can hold against the genre.

I can agree that those sorts of things do generally get patched regardless of game genre, it's certainly more prevalently corrected in any PvP or multiplayer games where people will totally abuse the poo poo out of something to benefit.

Still it's always a pleasure when a bug/glitch becomes an official feature later on, even if the original cause gets fixed. I feel like that doesn't happen nearly as often in PvP stuff though.

A fun example off the top of my head on WH40k: Darktide, there was a glitch that let you cancel the (massive) backswing of a powered up strike by the Thunderhammer weapon. All you had to do was hit the "pull out melee weapon" button and a full second and a half of recoil was gone! Except the devs came in and fixed it (unsurprisingly) but to compensate eventually buffed the recovery time to be so fast it felt like you were using the glitch!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

As someone who finished Spiderman in 3 days and is now playing Miles Morales I am totally up for more Spiderman.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

All of this to say that games are good and you should enjoy your faves

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Vermain posted:

if you can believe it, an MMO of otherland was actually made and launched, but it was a passion project from a team that was way in over its head and was shut down a year or two ago

that full playthrough's still a treat to go through due to the insane amount of visual creativity the team managed to pack in to what was otherwise a rather tedious and rote package. it's an incredibly important bit of archiving

Whoa I'll check some of the video out, that's pretty cool. Curious if they put the real world into it to, since the kinda point of the MMOs in the books I got through were basically alternate worlds some people practically lived in they were so intricate and expansive. Trying to do the whole deal right would mean basically making a dozen separate full games with VR tech yet undeveloped haha

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Evil Kit posted:

All of this to say that games are good and you should enjoy your faves

:yeah:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

God I hope the sequel is equal to the first movie, that film was so awesome.

Been checking out the clips that have been coming out, and it is looking absolutely rock solid.

After Across the Spider-verse there will be a 3rd movie, Beyond the Spider-verse.

Sony going all in on Miles Morales as an animated property and it's great.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Whoa I'll check some of the video out, that's pretty cool. Curious if they put the real world into it to, since the kinda point of the MMOs in the books I got through were basically alternate worlds some people practically lived in they were so intricate and expansive. Trying to do the whole deal right would mean basically making a dozen separate full games with VR tech yet undeveloped haha

as far as i know, it's a basic "you're trapped in the MMO that's going haywire" deals, but it differentiates itself by pulling in multiple different realities of otherland instead of just being The Fantasy World or The Gun World or whatever, so there's a real grab bag of visual styles and aesthetics

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
V. Happy to report that Moleperson Digora Digola overran to world with Nature magic in 125 turns.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm pumped for the spder-man movie, the spider-man game, and the spider-man fortnite collab that starts this week

Edit: not the spider-man comics though. They suck right now

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 22, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Edit: not the spider-man comics though. They suck right now

They're killing off Ms Marvel and it's got me all tilted :jiggled:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

They're just gonna bring her back but as a mutant now to match the movies

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

CottonWolf posted:

The theming of Secret World was my jam. Modern-day occult conspiracy thriller is an underused genre.

If only The Secret World got a ffxiv style revival and not what it got. I really am starved for that genre

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Infinitum posted:

It sucks. They will change her powers too I bet

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
drat... a comic book death. The most permanent of deaths.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Creative Business Unit III has told Game Informer that Final Fantasy XVI will not be shipping with a day 1 patch

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why would you announce that? Hey guys, just FYI we won't be fixing up any issues we find after going to press.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They basically spent an entire year on polish, so they're pretty confident in the final product, but they're still checking for stuff for post-release patches.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Yeah I'll have a polish with sauerkraut, thanks

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Why would you announce that? Hey guys, just FYI we won't be fixing up any issues we find after going to press.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I just finished volume 1 of that characters comic, god damnit!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Waffleman_ posted:

Creative Business Unit III has told Game Informer that Final Fantasy XVI will not be shipping with a day 1 patch

been sayin this

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A day 1 patch is a way to avoid having to go through certification again after making a bunch of fixes. It sounds like they've taken the unprecedented step of testing the game thoroughly, making their fixes, *then* submitting for cert.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Khanstant posted:

They're attempting to call their shot, I hope they land it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Given the state of the industry rn it is quite a flex

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the grimly funny timeline where one of the main selling points of your game is that it's actually complete

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ff7 remake didn't have a day one patch either

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lmao, i was rewatching the otherland playthrough since i remembered it and i completely forgot that the company that made the otherland MMO made loving mystery of the druids too. what a catalogue

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Nintendo released a GOAT 20 days before release, had a day -5 patch ready to go on their ideal platform they refuse to acknowledge and you don't hear them bragging about it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vermain posted:

the grimly funny timeline where one of the main selling points of your game is that it's actually complete

i think one would have to be pretty thick in the head to think this is a 'main selling point' after everything they've shown. more a sign of respect.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Gi.mkw the fi Al fantasy. I am thick in the hesd

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Someone link that video of that vtuber who just spammed "World Premiere"

I can't find it :smith:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Have they seen what Zelda did to Link's house?