Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Come to think of it, why is the newspaper out in Rito country and not in Lookout Landing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

King gleeok phase 3 is hard as poo poo.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

RandolphCarter posted:

King gleeok phase 3 is hard as poo poo.

If you’ve got a big enough stamina bar stack a couple of springs on top of each other then jump up and punch him in all 3 heads.

That phase is very hard (to the point of not actually being fun imho) if you don’t cheese it with zonai devices tho, yeah. I haven’t upgraded the electric armor but with 17 hearts in a fully upgraded barbarian armor I get one shorted if hit by a single electric bolt.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, found Majora's Mask and a new grinding spot. Colisseum with 5 lynels from normal to silver at the depths under the normal Colisseum at the surface. Each one also drops 20 charges for 1/3 of a battery per run, as well as bows and their mats. And the big deal is your weapon durability doesn't go down when mounting them so if you were to go with a Royal Guard Claymore almost broken... still hard as balls since I can't upgrade my armor nor can I consistently stun them with arrows.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Jaytan posted:

If you’ve got a big enough stamina bar stack a couple of springs on top of each other then jump up and punch him in all 3 heads.

That phase is very hard (to the point of not actually being fun imho) if you don’t cheese it with zonai devices tho, yeah. I haven’t upgraded the electric armor but with 17 hearts in a fully upgraded barbarian armor I get one shorted if hit by a single electric bolt.

Trusty rocket shield and rewind helped me win finally. But I forgot that I was there to take a pic for Kilton. :shepicide:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just put a bunch of large zonai charges into a matching to stock up on fans and while collecting them accidentally actives the gust ability and blew a bunch off a cliff :thumbsup:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Getting into further armor upgrades and I regret not doing a better job of marking enemy spawns. Ah well, guess the sensor has its work cut out for it.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I’ve been waiting to post in this thread because I was hoping I might make a discovery that would put my name in the history books (not unlike a certain Hyrulean archaeologist) but I can’t wait any longer. This game is a masterpiece and I lost ten hours of my life yesterday fighting bosses I shouldn’t have been able to beat. Luckily, TOTK, even with all the new bells and whistles, has a fundamental focus on mastery of mechanics. You don’t need a super souped out sword to beat a Hinox, you just need imagination. This is game of the decade material. I’ll (mods feel free to insert a toxx here because I can’t figure out how) eat my hat if anything else comes out better than it in the next 7 years.

e: I’m bad at spelling when excited so I had to touch up a Hinox reference.

AllNewJonasSalk fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 22, 2023

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Black Griffon posted:

Getting into further armor upgrades and I regret not doing a better job of marking enemy spawns. Ah well, guess the sensor has its work cut out for it.

Yeah I've only just started marking minibosses and I regret not doing it sooner. All I want to do is get good swords and put talus hearts on them.

Take a picture, and use those 300 pins!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Do Phantom Ganons respawn with the blood moon?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

No matter what crazy horseshit I build I cannot get the altitude to reach to the island to the west of the Ijo-o shrine in the West Hebra Sky Island.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I strapped a Korok to a rocket to send him to his buddy across a chasm. It worked. This has to be like when the cavemen discovered fire

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Haha welp I’m barely a few hours into the game and screwed myself out of a korok seed in the beginner zone by pushing my little korok buddy down the zip line and not hopping on fast enough. I’m assuming I can come back and get it eventually with a glider or by gluing 800 logs together, I just feel like a dummy right now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
My favoite Korok rescue so far was when I found a Korok on top of a hill and his buddy was at the bottom of a hill so I went "dude, I don't know how you expected this to go", picked him up, and dropped him off the hill... only to find out that was exactly how they expected it to go, and the hill was sloped quite specifically so the Korok would roll all the way down it and arrive right at his friend's camp.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Game good

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Remember to strap every crazy thing you come across to your weapon just in case

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

No matter what crazy horseshit I build I cannot get the altitude to reach to the island to the west of the Ijo-o shrine in the West Hebra Sky Island.

Two-fan seat mobile reliably gets me to world height cap above and below. It's kind of an OP design for how few parts it uses.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

taco show posted:

Haha welp I’m barely a few hours into the game and screwed myself out of a korok seed in the beginner zone by pushing my little korok buddy down the zip line and not hopping on fast enough. I’m assuming I can come back and get it eventually with a glider or by gluing 800 logs together, I just feel like a dummy right now.

it'll probably respawn in the right spot with a blood moon

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Remember to strap every crazy thing you come across to your weapon just in case

So far every dumb rear end idea I've thought up has worked and worked well, it's incredible. I keep 2 smashers and 2 choppers at all times and beyond that I just pick up whatever and slap something on it and it works. Even if the combo kind of sucks it doesnt matter because arrow fusions are even more busted than weapon ones

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Koroks respawn instantly I'm pretty sure. You're really close to something that will let you back track but dont ever sweat an individual seed, they're all over

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Waffleopolis posted:

I have been playing since launch. I have yet to find a great fairy. Losing my drat mind.

Probably means you're not going to stables which alone comprise more side quests than all of botw probably.

I just can't get over how huge and alive this world is, every turn has a new character or storyline. BOTW was great but this game has so much more classic Zelda included it feels like what I always wanted the first to be.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Rand Brittain posted:

Come to think of it, why is the newspaper out in Rito country and not in Lookout Landing?

It got too cold for the stable to operate so the newspaper bought it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

taco show posted:

Due to memory limitations stuff returns to its starting position very quickly so if you warp to a shrine and run back the Korok should be where it spawned.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Are the “mines” in the depths places I can go further underground into?

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

taco show posted:

FWIW unless you are going for the OCD prize for collecting them all (its a turd that does nothing but gently nudge you for doing something pointless again) there are more than twice as many Koroks as you need to unlock everything.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Koroks respawn instantly I'm pretty sure. You're really close to something that will let you back track but dont ever sweat an individual seed, they're all over

Are the total number of koroks and requirements for upgrades the same as in BotW? I've never been hurting for inventory slots or anything, but I have felt they were maybe a bit better at incorporating them naturally into the world. Obviously the buddy system ones are easy to spot anywhere, but there seems to be less ezpz ones littering the landscape. Which I think is a good thing, in BotW I would start to get annoyed recognizing a Korok pattern if it interrupted what I was doing after the 100th apple drop.

Actually there was even at least 1 Korok puzzle I didn't figure out, clearly wanted food but didn't want banana or apple or pepper or golden apple so I left.

The balloon puzzles have often been pretty well incorporated or hidden too.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Costco Meatballs posted:

It got too cold for the stable to operate so the newspaper bought it.

Okay, first, that's not actually a very good reason when you think about it, but my actual intended question was "why did the game place the first step of this questline which is important to unlocking several important things out on a spoke when it could easily have been at the hub?"

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rand Brittain posted:

Okay, first, that's not actually a very good reason when you think about it, but my actual intended question was "why did the game place the first step of this questline which is important to unlocking several important things out on a spoke when it could easily have been at the hub?"
They want you to do the Wind Dungeon first.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Turrets tend to blow her apart if they target something close to the waterline. Might have to switch to a beam setup if it remains a problem.
https://twitter.com/mikaeltja/status/1660790387404054528?t=KkgGvUjBhj1l53vRPLiUkQ&s=19

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Pirate Jet posted:

This thread moves fast so sorry if someone already posted this but there is an absurdly easy method for duping items in the Materials category now

I'm glad there are so many ways to dupe but I'm going to keep on shield jumping because it's hilarious. Oh what's that? You need 10 sundelions for this quest? *does a sick flip off a ledge causing 20 herbs to burst out of Link's body* :c00lbert:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Rand Brittain posted:

The Triforce is kind of up there with the Sword of Mana in the rankings of "magical powers that never actually provide any benefit to the world except for maybe, sometimes, undoing some of the damage done by evil forces in trying to steal it."
The benefit of the triforce is that, in some games, it's literally one of the things holding the world together. In Link Between Worlds, the reason Lorule is Like That™ is because they destroyed their version of the triforce to stop people from warring over it. It's the source of a LOT of the problems of the setting, but also, it is unfortunately a load-bearing magical artefact. Whoops!!

Personally I always wondered if the reason Hyrule immediately goes to poo poo during the timeskip of OoT wasn't just because Ganon had destroyed things, but because the triforce was being used to suppress the more inherently cursed parts of the setting, and taking it meant that the status quo stopped being propped up. Redeads are only a couple steps removed from skullchildren, after all, and those were popping up even without Ganon's intervention.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

On one hand, I feel like duping takes away part of the fun of the game.

On the other hand, I see the armor upgrade costs, and my fingers move towards ZL, X and A...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Really you only need one combat set to full upgrades, 2 is more than enough for most sets and those bonus abilities not usually worth the effort or clothing swap. Flight suit being the biggest exception, no fall damage owns.

Fierce Deity is the best set to upgrade for combat imo since it adds attack and lets you charge attack spin longer. You mostly need monster guts for that and dunking on Hinox was a pretty good grind.

On the other hand, catching butterflies and lizards isnt fun and they want so many. Fortunately those sets were superfluous.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

This game absolutely dumpsters like 90 percent of open world games. Every time some rando asks me to something I go yeah, let's see what nonsense we get up to now.

Which is completely different from the feeling I get from every other open world game.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Black Griffon posted:

Turrets tend to blow her apart if they target something close to the waterline. Might have to switch to a beam setup if it remains a problem.
https://twitter.com/mikaeltja/status/1660790387404054528?t=KkgGvUjBhj1l53vRPLiUkQ&s=19

Make a C-130 with turrets on one side and circle around your enemies

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

mistermojo posted:

oh sweet I got the gimp suit

nah that's lucha libre link

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Augus posted:

I wonder if maybe they should’ve just given you infinite arrows via zonai magitek or whatever like how they gave you infinite bombs in BoTW, because people seem to either be desperately scrounging for arrows or absolutely drowning in them with no inbetween

I've hovered between 20 and 100 in my quiver so I guess I'm the ideal user. Although I'm diligent about hand-tossing bombs and fruits, I have been known to abuse the crit knockdown from a headshot even in close range combat.

The 1-5 arrows you get from busting wooden boxes isn't worth the weapon durability it costs IMO though, so I haven't done much of that.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Khanstant posted:

Really you only need one combat set to full upgrades, 2 is more than enough for most sets and those bonus abilities not usually worth the effort or clothing swap. Flight suit being the biggest exception, no fall damage owns.

Fierce Deity is the best set to upgrade for combat imo since it adds attack and lets you charge attack spin longer. You mostly need monster guts for that and dunking on Hinox was a pretty good grind.

On the other hand, catching butterflies and lizards isnt fun and they want so many. Fortunately those sets were superfluous.

I was mostly talking about Level 2 armor whivh I still find it's too much of a pain for getting it.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Khanstant posted:

My combat load out is diamond circlet, fierce diety chest, zonai leggings. Helps with autobots and I just can't stand the fierce diety mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

On one hand, I feel like duping takes away part of the fun of the game.

On the other hand, I see the armor upgrade costs, and my fingers move towards ZL, X and A...

I am convinced there are no Captain Construct II or III spawns that don't get scaled out of existence if you let them, so you're damned right I duped those horns even if I'm doing everything else legit