Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmfao Dallas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao 1:12 into OT

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lol stars

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the dallas stars are losers

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Stars overtime lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ryan fuckin Suter

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

No cowardly hedging my bets: Eichel with the winner

Darn my second choice

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Wow at almost the exact same time as game 1.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Unfortunately the narrative is going to be that Jake Oettinger is now 0-5 career in OT games in the playoffs

and not that the team stops playing most games after 40 minutes and tries to coast to the end

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress Dallas, regardless of the sport.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Wow at almost the exact same time as game 1.

Another bad star-t

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Lol. The best kind of theft

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
lol

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Starsfan posted:

Unfortunately the narrative is going to be that Jake Oettinger is now 0-5 career in OT games in the playoffs

He's not looked great on either of the OT goals in this series. This one was less bad but the breakdance kick into his own net in game one was a bad look.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

and not that the team stops playing most games after 40 minutes and tries to coast to the end

Man I dunno, that narrative still sticks since Jake has not played anywhere near what he's capable of.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
wow i thought howden did some goalie interference but that close up is insane

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

at this rate I hope the fancy cats beat Vegas's rear end

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Does this mean that Edmonton has lost two more games too?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jesus christ Dallas, loving pathetic

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

fartknocker posted:

This is kind of a weird feeling because I remember most people here rooting for the Stars back in the '20 WCF matchup.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Ragnarok the Red posted:

This is kind of a weird feeling because I remember most people here rooting for the Stars back in the '20 WCF matchup.

It was because they were perceived as loveable underdogs back then with a silly Russian backup goaltender taking the spotlight

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
soup hated em then too

Tesno
May 11, 2009
Otters impressive bounceback record means he goes undefeated for the reminder of playoffs after two losses? :v:

Return of inept Dallas turtle hockey and bad defensive mistakes by veteran defenseman. Did the league have someone inform them about tossing Stars out of faceoffs for cheating on faceoffs? Also amazing the Stars didn't give up that shorty opportunity at the end of the 2nd to tie it and saved that for the 3rd period.

Tesno
May 11, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Man I dunno, that narrative still sticks since Jake has not played anywhere near what he's capable of.

Mental fatigue may have something to do with it, especially considering some past performances like the two games he was pulled and the OT goal from the wcf game 1. Seems like picking up a competent backup goalie (in addition to cutting the chaff defensmen not named heiskenen, lindell, or harley) may be in order. Still its frustrating the joe p window will be closing and the team will look different without him.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Ryan fuckin Suter

Seriously what a clown. It's almost impossible to make a worse play outside of wrapping it around into his own net.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

soup hated em then too

Hell I hated em when I lived in Texas years ago too, lol

The Least Interesting City

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i was in dallas once, it was august and it was over 100 every day with no clouds. i was with a friend in a wheelchair and they didn't have even wheelchair ramp access on all the medians.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

actionjackson posted:

i was in dallas once, it was august and it was over 100 every day with no clouds. i was with a friend in a wheelchair and they didn't have even wheelchair ramp access on all the medians.

Gotta push yourself up by your bootramps.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Go Panthers

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

go canes

ideally in regulation; I have an early shift at work tomorrow

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Nice tip by Fast between two Barkov crosschecks.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

fartknocker posted:

Go Panthers

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I was very much not expecting to hear a Torture Me bump

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao how the gently caress did they not call that boarding

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

this is the best series since flyers-pens

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Lost his skate

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

triple sulk posted:

lmao how the gently caress did they not call that boarding

You can't be calling discretionary penalties this late into uhhh the first period.

Also not non-discretionary penalties either.

Offsetting calls are fine though. Cowards!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
lets loving go cats baby