Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

No Wave posted:

As for Yae's personality, you either like it or you don't I think.

Pretty much.

Another character I'd like Yae to meet would be Faruzan, if only because Faruzan's made her age such a part of her identity and Yae's like five times as old as she is. Yae would eat her alive if Faruzan tried to pull her old lady schtick on her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Or she'd recognize game. Faruzan's old, not stupid.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Being that I have Hyperbloom to carry me through the game forever, I think I'm actually tempted to pass on Kazuha to keep saving for 4.0.

Unless Kazuha has a good 4-star cast with him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I want Nahida to meet Fischl and find her absolutely fascinating

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Faruzan clings to titles and posturing because she has nothing useful to say. Yae Miko is an insecure bully trying to peg other people down with deceit and semantic bullshit. Meanwhile Childe, Raiden, and Wanderer are genocidal war criminals but that's okay. It's cool. Paimon forgave them. :confuoot:

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Put one last FTP roll in the banner last night just to get that much closer to 5-star soft pity and the game saw fit to give me Kaveh c4. My 4-star pulls on this banner were literally 50% Kaveh. :psyduck: Even just one more Fischl con would have been great.

Excited for Kirara though, always appreciate characters that can get around just that little bit faster. Do we know how long the cooldown is? Might tool around with Sayu/Yelan/Kirara/? and never sprint again.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

yae is good because she can brute force those puzzles in inazuma :eng101:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sanctum posted:

Faruzan clings to titles and posturing because she has nothing useful to say. Yae Miko is an insecure bully trying to peg other people down with deceit and semantic bullshit. Meanwhile Childe, Raiden, and Wanderer are genocidal war criminals but that's okay. It's cool. Paimon forgave them. :confuoot:

Yae Miko is the queen bee and there can be only one.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Endorph posted:

kazuha's better than venti and is one of the strongest characters in the game but hes like a 10-20% improvement over sucrose largely, pull him if you want him but dont feel like you have to

Cool, thanks. Hearing he's not actually absolute must have is helpful.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Sucrose is crazy good because with 4 piece anemo set it's basic attack = swirl, skill = AOE swirl (spammable with sacrificial fragments book) and her burst is a repeating AOE swirl. Swirly swirly swirl. My #1 kill machine before Nahida came along.

Kazuha is better but not by enough I'd consider him a must pull if you already have Sucrose, unless you simply want Kazuha in which case go nuts and enjoy yourself. You'll feel the power doing Kazuha's murder everything jumps.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Kazuha is an improvement over Sucrose in that his swirls are much easier to target (I always had the problem of Sucrose's burst targeting the single loan enemy behind me and not the group right in front of my face). And high jumping out of an enemy attack is always fun.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i immediately gravitated to a bunch of 12-second characters, because pressing buttons and throwing particle effects everywhere rocks, and now i get thrown for a loop every time someone has a 20s rotation or i'm expected to actually make normal attacks

While we don't have the good stats anymore I'm pretty sure the most popular team is still based on mashing all the buttons, NA for like six seconds, repeat. Quickswap teams can get stuffed hard sometimes by beefy bosses but they've always been pretty powerful in general.

I think the weird slowswap (I guess we're calling them "12 seconds"?) peeps that started popping up in Inazuma created a lot of good characters that just don't have a home. Tigh is... not on the great list... but Yae certainly is! Ayato is too. They're both good picks that kind of get betrayed by how teams wind up stacking up and the sheer number of options available. Add to that every chamber now being an elemental reset-your-team gimmick or a flier or some other bullshit that highly values short, stacked burst damage rotations.

Edit: Would put Yoimiya on that list too but girl has technical problems.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Try Yae, Ei, Nahida, Kokomi. You get a lot of electro strikes with AOE that set off a lot of hyperblooms and all the healing you need. Plus a couple really powerful bursts empowered with a large AOE elemental skill buff.

Only downside is there is no skill involved. None. Also its a slightly expensive team to build.

A more satisfying team would involve building around Eula but well, that's a tale for another time. A forgotten age.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I already have a zhongli but I’m kinda thinking about building my Layla for a second half abyss team.

She seems pretty strong over all.

Good idea or bad idea?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

I already have a zhongli but I’m kinda thinking about building my Layla for a second half abyss team.

Good idea or bad idea?

Layla is a mobile force field who freezes enemies if you have any hydro. Her shield is very strong (focus on HP stats) and her burst is only 40 energy. Great unit, toss her a spare favonius or similar.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Layla's very underrated, she's probably the second strongest pure shielder in the game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thanks I'm gonna work on on her for my second team then!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Man Fischl's backstory is kind of hosed up

Kale
May 14, 2010

Regarding Yae's personality, she seemed to take a genuine liking to Layla in the Shroom Fighting Tournament arc event and seems to be the mentor for Kirara so it's like we're seeing a little yes of Smug Yae the Teasing Master in 3.X. Smug Yae is probably making a comeback though considering it's a TCG tournament and she might have to play the Pegasus role.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Try Yae, Ei, Nahida, Kokomi. You get a lot of electro strikes with AOE that set off a lot of hyperblooms and all the healing you need. Plus a couple really powerful bursts empowered with a large AOE elemental skill buff.

That team would work great, just like Fish/Raiden/Nahida/Kokomi did. Yae doesn't really add anything beyond her bolts possibly hitting blooms and needing to gear a second EM set... which negates her cool thing of dealing truckloads of damage. She's sort-of-but-not-really an on-field badass bruiser and sort-of-but-not-really a quick E->Q support... she's in the middle somewhere. The other characters and abyss structure just don't jive with that, which sucks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Its a standard hyperbloom team, the 4th character you pick doesnt really matter. Xingqiu probably best but xingqiu always best.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mailer posted:

That team would work great, just like Fish/Raiden/Nahida/Kokomi did. Yae doesn't really add anything beyond her bolts possibly hitting blooms and needing to gear a second EM set... which negates her cool thing of dealing truckloads of damage. She's sort-of-but-not-really an on-field badass bruiser and sort-of-but-not-really a quick E->Q support... she's in the middle somewhere. The other characters and abyss structure just don't jive with that, which sucks.

Fishcl is very strong but the crow doesn't target the blooms itself, which is the problem. I think she's better in a more aggravate focused set up. Or you could just use her manually I guess.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Fishcl is very strong but the crow doesn't target the blooms itself, which is the problem. I think she's better in a more aggravate focused set up. Or you could just use her manually I guess.

Not targeting the blooms, in this case, is a feature. Raiden provides all the aoe hyperbloom-triggering goodness you could want (and has access to Dragon's Bane) with a long-lasting E that interferes as little as possible with the rest of your play. Fish is there because of more TKP damage from double electro and... I dunno, Oz does ok damage and you're going to get some random aggravates/spreads out of it. If she targeted the blooms and hit them then I'd need both her AND Raiden full EM geared since I'd never know who would trigger.

You could take Raiden out and slot in Yae, but then you can't really tell her turrets to target blooms. They'll go for enemies first, which (I think) is the only way they generate energy, and you're kind of in an iffy state as the whether or not blooms will get triggered. It'd probably work, more or less, in a clustered space assuming the aoe on Yae's hits was wide enough to trigger nearby blooms. Still, you've got 4* Kuki right there and she consumes the healer slot so you don't need Koko.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Cool, thanks. Hearing he's not actually absolute must have is helpful.

Play his trial, and then keep in mind he can equip a sacrificial sword to use his skill twice. He's one of the few characters that can clear a monster spawn without anyone else in one or two skill moves. He's definitely one of the S tier 5 stars.

I wouldn't even compare him to sucrose, since they fill overlapping but different roles. He and venti overlap even more, but with Venti it really comes down to how you want enemies to be grouped, for how long, and for how often.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Good idea or bad idea?

She's fine, she just loses out often to DIona who can both shield with her skill, and buff and heal with her ult.

She's good at shielding and cryo application, but her damage is pretty low.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

Layla's very underrated, she's probably the second strongest pure shielder in the game.

this... I initially dismissed Layla too, but she is extremely good for a 4* character

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Pull kazuha.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

No Wave posted:

Pull kazuha.

no :colbert:

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It's gonna hurt skipping Kirara to ensure Kazuha and maybe Al, but I think it's a worthy trade. When 3.x ends the only dendro I'll be missing is Kirara (and probably Al, if my bad luck streak continues), which for a <1 year old account is not a bad place to be, I think.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Yae is cool. I think her personality changes a bit depending on your voiceover language. Chinese Yae is by far my favorite. She has the same Chinese voice actress as Ninguang. She's great, so they just used her twice.

Yae is definitely better now that dendro is in the game, and Nahida in particular. Those two help each other do tons of damage. Yae's turrets will blast everything with electro and make sure they keep a quicken aura.

Some new players are going to be very unhappy with their new Yae when they realize they have to reach Inazume, clear Inazume, then get into Enkanomiya and clear that before they can fight the boss for Yae's levelup nuggets.

I wonder how many people have been using Yae since her release without realizing how good her mobility is. She can dash cancel in and out of turret placement.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Can't wait to pick up 5 star geo bow Momoka later today :)

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

MoonCrab posted:

Can't wait to pick up 5 star geo bow Momoka later today :)

I remember when Albedo was initially datamined as a Geo Bow. Him standing on his flower shooting down at enemies would've made a lot more sense in terms of kit synergy.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Being that I have Hyperbloom to carry me through the game forever, I think I'm actually tempted to pass on Kazuha to keep saving for 4.0.

Unless Kazuha has a good 4-star cast with him.

this is where i’m at, except i have zero want to pull for anyone at all outside of “i like them i guess” or “i’m completing the other half of wanderer’s c6” until they inevitably introduce some sort of roundabout hyperbloom nerf

going hard on wanderer and hyperbloom investment basically spoiled the entire game for me. plus i’m honestly not that excited about fontaine for some reason

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

MNSNTZR posted:

this is where i’m at, except i have zero want to pull for anyone at all outside of “i like them i guess” or “i’m completing the other half of wanderer’s c6” until they inevitably introduce some sort of roundabout hyperbloom nerf

going hard on wanderer and hyperbloom investment basically spoiled the entire game for me. plus i’m honestly not that excited about fontaine for some reason

Yeah. I have my Shinobu/Nahida/Yelan/Xingqiu team and I have zero desire to ever play as anything else. Anything that doesn't die to that is quickly demolished by my extremely overpowered Ganyu.

Previously, I would grab up all the characters I could because I liked getting a bunch of characters and I didn't have a "properly build" team. But now, this team is so head and shoulders above everything, it just has destroyed my desire to pull for anyone because I wouldn't use them.

I'm curious if the Hydro Archon will make Dehya good (there are a handful of people high on that copium). I have Dehya at C1/R1 but... she sucks.

Some further negativity on my part - personality wise, I find Dehya kinda boring. Her voice actress is... fine? I don't know. The VA for her just sounds... kinda generic and bland? Like the VA you would get for an NPC. Granted, I haven't done her story quest yet, but I've done all of the Sumeru Archon quests and was not impressed by her. I would have expected her to have more of a voice/personality like Candice.

Beidou will always be the perfect queen. Dehya's character model is v. good but her VA just doesn't have the passion I was hoping for.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Ruby Prism posted:

I remember when Albedo was initially datamined as a Geo Bow. Him standing on his flower shooting down at enemies would've made a lot more sense in terms of kit synergy.
The Albedovator is there because someone at Mihoyo really, really wanted plunge attacks to be a thing for most of the game's first year.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
they should have made climbing faster, available in domains, and deleted the stamina bar then

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Endorph posted:

Shield/freeze is a pretty good combo. I ran her with wanderer for a while but got lazy and fell back on ZL, he really spoils you

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah. I have my Shinobu/Nahida/Yelan/Xingqiu team and I have zero desire to ever play as anything else. Anything that doesn't die to that is quickly demolished by my extremely overpowered Ganyu.

the first time i ran al haitham/raiden/xingqiu/nahida in abyss after completing their builds was “this is loving ridiculous”. poo poo was over almost as soon as it began. it’s been that team and scarazan nearly every abyss cycle since

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Incoherence posted:

The Albedovator is there because someone at Mihoyo really, really wanted plunge attacks to be a thing for most of the game's first year.
Pretty much every combat event has some sort of "plunging attack" buff somewhere in the mix, so they clearly still work there and dream of it being a thing. Probably friends with the person who thinks any characters other than catalyst users actually autoattack ever for any reason that isn't harvesting wood or ore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Without having met Yae Miko yet in Genshin Impact, I want to try pulling for her because of two reasons:

1) Her backstory in Honkai Impact 3rd is simple yet sad and I got invested by reading a manga

2) she has pink hair and pink hair is cool

I'm also hoping I can do enough story progress in the next few days to get to this quest - I finished off Chapter 2 and am trying to leave Liyue! :toot:

e: Also btw I'm playing HI3 but not seriously as I cannot juggle f/go, star rail, genshin AND hi3 (and also I'm not really into fighting games of its ilk) but I am enjoying this story guide: https://hoyostans.be/explore/honkai-impact-3rd/consumers-guide-hi3/hi3-phase-1/

so many sad lesbians