Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
Goon stories from that era are what drew me to the site and made me register an account. The street sweeper guy and... I think humpermonkey? A guy with a Brock Samson avatar who told stories about a blind friend were some of my favorites.

I looked up the street sweeper guy and apparently he was banned for avoiding a 100k hour probation, but there's nothing on his rap sheet or in the SAclopedia about any such probation. Did he have an alt or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Spoggerific posted:

Goon stories from that era are what drew me to the site and made me register an account. The street sweeper guy and... I think humpermonkey? A guy with a Brock Samson avatar who told stories about a blind friend were some of my favorites.

I looked up the street sweeper guy and apparently he was banned for avoiding a 100k hour probation, but there's nothing on his rap sheet or in the SAclopedia about any such probation. Did he have an alt or something?

It looks like they had a whole bunch of accounts, which all kept getting banned for probation evading. They were Bruiser, Vasily Tokarev, Azazel024, Ladydad, and CuteJen96, which was the account that got the 100k. Looks like the 100k was for spamming goatse and other gross pics all over a thread but they also posted stuff like this shortly beforehand:

CuteJen96 posted:

This but unironically.

I can't loving wait for trump to be elected so we can finally kick out the degenerates in this country and make it truly great again. Throw up the wall, and kick out the muslims imho.

so the goatses were probably just the last straw and not an actual 100k offence.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
oh. never meet your heroes, I guess.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CuteJen96 posted:

what's the weather like in cleveland. i'm currently waiting for the Dindus to burn their neighborhood to the ground

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Truly, it was a different time.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he swept streets what did you expect a highly educated person with good opinions

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
uhh wow this dude sweeping streets with a broom turned out to be really racist and stupid... never would have expected that *rides away on mobility scooter*

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 23, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What fascinating stories does a street sweeper have to attract people far and wide

"Hey guys, you won't believe what I swept today! Dust, a plastic bottle, some leaves"

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
he had a heart of gold tho. Give you the broom out of his hands and return to cleaning the streets, now by licking them.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

What fascinating stories does a street sweeper have to attract people far and wide

"Hey guys, you won't believe what I swept today! Dust, a plastic bottle, some leaves"

I mean, there's that one cody's lab video where he sweeps up a bunch of dirt from the side of the road and separates out whatever metal is in catalytic converters and almost got enough to break even.

I mean, I doubt Street Sweeper Racist was managing that, and Cody's not exactly someone people should be encouraged to emulate, but it's the best idea I got.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

yeah, it’s wild how pathetic some of those stdh threads are lol

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

NoiseAnnoys posted:

yeah, it’s wild how pathetic some of those stdh threads are lol

wasn't there a goon who claimed to be a yakuza member/betrothed to a yakuza princess in one of the ask/tell threads.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

If the hotel valet was ZerglingMinor I believe a customer would call ahead, be verbally abusive, only to be cowed in person when met with a soft-spoken man taller than a soda machine. Now there was someone else who made weird claims about a hotel renter and homemade sex toys, I want to say that was a fake (and unnecessarily gross) story.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i know we all wrote like epic weirdos back then but that one zergling minor story that got posted here recently was... im sad to say... fake as balls

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
zergling minor was actually a very tiny man its in the name

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

zergling minor was actually a very tiny man its in the name

brings me no joy to confirm this. that vending machine was a piggy bank

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ZerglingMinor makes Larry Parish look like Yao Ming.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Arrrthritis posted:

wasn't there a goon who claimed to be a yakuza member/betrothed to a yakuza princess in one of the ask/tell threads.

Jake Adelstein posted here?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

goons love extremely fake stories for some reason. actually the entire internet does

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

ZerglingMinor makes Larry Parish look like Yao Ming.

I miss Larry...

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

That DICK! posted:

brings me no joy to confirm this. that vending machine was a piggy bank

forced perspective claims another victim

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

goons love extremely fake stories for some reason. actually the entire internet does

People posting insanely fake /r/relationship or /r/aita posts just to get mad and argue at the post ftw. So lame

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

i mean i love a good Fake rear end Story. but the really wild thing with that era of SA isn’t that there are fake stories, just how sad and pathetic they are. like that’s the best they could imagine?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

People posting insanely fake /r/relationship or /r/aita posts just to get mad and argue at the post ftw. So lame

lol when you say its obviously fake they go "i know but something like this probably happened". No??

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

how did so many people fall for this

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

pog boyfriend posted:

lol when you say its obviously fake they go "i know but something like this probably happened". No??

the real trick is when people write obviously fake stories from the perspective of a fake author.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

https://twitter.com/UsingCigarettes/status/1656468902468108289?s=20

7.5k quote tweets lol

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
So if I were to ask an extant and still present zergling how the weather is up there, I should expect a relatively mundane answer now? That's no fun.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i do that

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Plant MONSTER. posted:

So if I were to ask an extant and still present zergling how the weather is up there, I should expect a relatively mundane answer now? That's no fun.

zergling minor's not up there rey

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

That DICK! posted:

zergling minor's not up there rey

this kid the #1 zergling minor hater out there

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

If the hotel valet was ZerglingMinor I believe a customer would call ahead, be verbally abusive, only to be cowed in person when met with a soft-spoken man taller than a soda machine. Now there was someone else who made weird claims about a hotel renter and homemade sex toys, I want to say that was a fake (and unnecessarily gross) story.

The sex toys story was JoeyVapes. The hotel valet was, uh...help me out here, Pentyne.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Marcade posted:

The sex toys story was JoeyVapes. The hotel valet was, uh...help me out here, Pentyne.

angry bee dance?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

which one definitely had sex with all the hot women because of their sparkling wit?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NoiseAnnoys posted:

which one definitely had sex with all the hot women because of their sparkling wit?

all of them

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
"No sir, not specifically, but we do handle some other very, VERY fine 12 cylinder automobiles in this establishment," i said irl to an actual person

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
JoeyVapes got big around the same time I was working as a motel front desk person and I neglected to tell any of my own insane stories because they were a lot more mundane than his and made me think mine weren't that bad. But they also predisposed me to believe the stuff he was saying too because seedy and lovely motel front desks are indeed a locus of evil

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
here are some motel stories... sex workers are having sex in the rooms... meth

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The very thought makes me retch!!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
s*x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

All Joeys are scum. JoeyVapes, JoeySalads, Joey from Friends, need I say more...