Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Man, WoW just has the worst art style

Yeah nah
https://i.imgur.com/g8qsU27.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Alliance players smh

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

RBA Starblade posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Was going to ask where is the tail, but I should have had patience.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
do the Draenei and Tauren run animations still have clipping issues?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dranei have a huge clipping issue where they look like Disney genie dragon men instead of the freaky scythe armed big long spiky teeth freaks they were supposed to be

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
(Tears of the Kingdom) I killed what comes out after you kill the jumpscare hands. i kinda brute forced him by just eating a lot and constant headshots. Ironically I think he was easier because I only had five hearts, because I’m guessing Phantom’s Ganon’s attack stat is something stupid high anyway so eating “enough to heal me” would have been harder if I picked that fight later. I felt super pissed off that his bow was that bad before reading the caption, wonder how strong it can get.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Dranei have a huge clipping issue where they look like Disney genie dragon men instead of the freaky scythe armed big long spiky teeth freaks they were supposed to be

The Broken exist
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Broken

They're just not a playable race.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
wow looks great for a 19 year old game imo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

wow looks great for a 19 year old game imo

Yes but it's still got a hideously ugly art style

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
the only game thats ever struck me as having a horrible art style was Amid Evil, I genuinely felt like playing it gave me a headache in a way no game before or since had

Just look at this poo poo and try not to imagine what it was like in motion

JollyBoyJohn fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 23, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

If you want pretty princess simulator just play a Monster Hunter game. Actually great games with even better dress up options! Bangin' music too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Yes but it's still got a hideously ugly art style

Gameplay aside, WoW's art direction has been on point for multiple expansions now.

The Dragon Isles are straight up gorgeous to look at.

The Environmental and Doodad teams in particular just keep getting better at making immersive zones that feel lived in.

It's OK if you don't like the style, but I think it's disingenuous to call it ugly.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nice colors tbh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Big shoulder plates... are cool

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Warcraft 4 when.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Warcraft 4 will be an f2p gacha

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

stev posted:

Warcraft 4 when.

it was HotS all along

:negative:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

Blizzard perpetually in the suffering phase. Art phase will come someday.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

wizard2 posted:

it was HotS all along

:negative:

HotS was a legit pretty great take on the MOBA genre.

Always thought having a character controlled by 2 separate players was a great idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD5ug5jD-q4

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i liked HotS, it looked cool and a MOBA where you can play as Diablo/Overwatch characters/The Lost Vikings or a freaking SC2 Siege Tank is an instant sell but i also play dota so it felt like tic-tac-toe when I was used to chess

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Anyone who thinks WoW has bad art are Resetera-level posters.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Im resetera

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you're not making any better a case

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

you're not making any better a case

No one is making any case, we're all just insulting each other.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

i liked HotS, it looked cool and a MOBA where you can play as Diablo/Overwatch characters/The Lost Vikings or a freaking SC2 Siege Tank is an instant sell but i also play dota so it felt like tic-tac-toe when I was used to chess

I had fun with it, but it was very much a grab-a-beer-with-a-mate-and-chill deal.

Blizz having their own build in Smash roster of characters to draw on was great.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

World of Warcraft more like fart style lmao get dunked on idiots

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think StarCraft looks alright I think I just don’t like fantasy stuff

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We live in anime world now.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
MMOs are fail.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you're playing an mmo and it's not to have cybersex then idk what's wrong with you

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Imagine not having the latest in teledildonics to get slammed down sexual style in a VR chat room with more colors than the rainbow while blasted on acid.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dabir posted:

World of Warcraft more like fart style lmao get dunked on idiots

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1661036354971500545

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They should put mewtwo in mortal kombat

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
HotS was the only MoBa that seemed like it wanted it players to have fun and a good time. Unfortunately, this made it anathema to MoBa players who seek only that "dick smashed in door jam" feeling over and over

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat I wonder how a MK game plays

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’ll be 3D like Deadly Alliance

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

HotS was the only MoBa that seemed like it wanted it players to have fun and a good time. Unfortunately, this made it anathema to MoBa players who seek only that "dick smashed in door jam" feeling over and over

ironically, i found it deeply unfun because of its more casual design: the smoothed power curves across teams made trying to carry weaker players feel next to impossible, and the multiple different maps and per-hero talent trees is an arguably greater burden of knowledge than something like league. there was also something very gummy feeling about the engine, like orb walking felt real bad and none of the skills seemed to have any real weight to them

i certainly don't fault people for finding that kind of loose arcade style of gameplay fun, and i think the market absolutely had room for a more casual MOBA experience. it beggars belief that HotS was doing so badly that they had to yank nearly every last resource away from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Khanstant posted:

never once a bad time