Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

crestfallen posted:

Sometimes losing feels real bad. It doesn’t normally get to me, like, at all. You win some, you lose some, especially when there’s some chance involved.

Today I got wrecked by the Raft. I had a pretty decent lead, and a lot of 6s are situational. Not this one! The opponent got a free Infinaut and then their final 6 cost on top of it. Oof.
Most of the time SNAP is a fun competitive card game, 10% of the time SNAP is a megadumb game for babies with butt-brain, and that's just the way it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Today one of my opponents ramped out Black Panther on T4 so Bifrost could move him into Sinister Bar, then played Arnim Zola on him. I don't think I've ever seen numbers that big.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

New Leaf posted:

I just witnessed a bizarre interaction. Forge played on Sinister London, followed by Hulkbuster on the next turn. The two Forges zapped Hulkbuster, then Hulkbuster merged with Forge. Instead of putting a second "unequipped" Hulkbuster on another location, it cloned the merged Forge. But the weirdest part is, the newly Hulkbustered Forges - BOTH of them - zapped the next card that was dropped, buffing it too! That can't be intentional.

It's a known interaction with Merging. The merged card retains the text of the original including the OR, and because merging happens before ORs in the "play a card" flowchart you get the ORs again.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

First Infinite ever, just hit a massive winning streak and finally pushed out of the 90s before High Evolutionary takes over the game. This deck fucks.

https://twitter.com/birds_snap/status/1659674552514019328

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Why do I still show Howard the Duck? Where’s my new broken card second din din ::argh:

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

what the poo poo is this?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

godogg posted:

what the poo poo is this?

buy the duck coward

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Hopefully updated in the morning :/

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Lmao the duck cant be stopped.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Howard saw the next card to flip and said "nah".

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

Howard saw the next card to flip and said "WAUGH".

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
loving Iron Lad Galactus into Spiderman and Death gently caress this dumb loving game.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I can do y'all one better:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

according to the discord, high evo requires a client patch

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

don't wait up, apparently (per Dera/KM/discord) they've tried some ota stuff and it didn't work, so they'll need an actual patch (which in turn means tomorrow afternoon at the earliest given mobile store validation stuff)

e;fb

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Fate Accomplice posted:

according to the discord, high evo requires a client patch

Bummer. It a was such a game juking card im surprised they were trying to get away with ota drop. Oh well, there’s always Zelda.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Guess I've got an extra day to get 5 more ranks for infinite before i lose all my points misplaying constantly with HE decks

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Why is it so funny they conveniently have trouble adding the new card for the most anticipated one?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah dude they're intentionally making people not spend money on their game

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Well hey its working for Overwatch 2

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think you can categorize anything about overwatch 2 as 'working'

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
sounds like everyone's getting double ducked today eh?

(not mine, still trying to get out of pool one).

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Btw, how do I get "universal" avatar, title combos now? I can find the controls on how to change it on a deck by deck basis but I want to have the "choose these as the default" option; because I normally change my name + avatar + title to match every month or so

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think you just have to wait for them to implement what you want as your default

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Artelier posted:

Btw, how do I get "universal" avatar, title combos now? I can find the controls on how to change it on a deck by deck basis but I want to have the "choose these as the default" option; because I normally change my name + avatar + title to match every month or so

i'm pretty to new to the game still but what's been really clear so far is they got a long, long ways to go. they're still having trouble adding cards to the game so other features like this, or a wider screen version of the game for pc is probably far out there. it seems like people are clamoring for other customizations as well (i.e. being able to select the borders / coloring for cards that you've unlocked) but it's gonna be a while.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

flatluigi posted:

i think you just have to wait for them to implement what you want as your default

I mean, they did have this, and they replaced it with the annoying per deck system. I just don't bother anymore.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PlasticAutomaton posted:

First Infinite ever, just hit a massive winning streak and finally pushed out of the 90s before High Evolutionary takes over the game. This deck fucks.

https://twitter.com/birds_snap/status/1659674552514019328

Oh, that deck. Someone played it against me while I was playing Galactus and I absolutely reamed them. Turns out it's good against people who have no plan other than Galactus into Knull and Death, and not so good against people who packed a Plan B.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I've been playing a sandman ramp that was going real well until the matchmaking started giving me jeffs and there went my prof x shenanigans. Didn't realize he could just play right into the lane, brutal. You know the meta is healthy when a lot of decks work but it does feel weird for my most consistent deck to be a weird homebrew c3 (which would be even more of a wrecker with jeff turns out)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I hate how stupid deck ideas can work so well for some people. I just played someone who used Wave, then dropped Leader so they get whatever heavy you just dropped.. then they dropped Odin to Wave and Leader again, so they get whatever you dropped again.. Who thinks of that? It's so low effort/big brain and I could never make it work in a million years.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Lmao dude a ton of people here posted that deck and talked about that combo after the last leader change.

Bottom Liner posted:

Sandman Leader Odin is brutal too. Just won 3 in a row like that. My deck:

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (4) Jubilee
# (5) Sandman
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhdmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyRG9vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFnbmV0byJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVhZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTYW5kbWFuIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Odin is usually your best turn 6 to follow Doom, Leader, Aero, or Jubilee.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Sorry, I'll try better to memorize every deck ever discussed.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Black Widow -> Wave -> Odin is getting me a lot of retreat cubes

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

New Leaf posted:

Sorry, I'll try better to memorize every deck ever discussed.

You have a very unhealthy relationship with this game and thread dude. You hate the game (your words) and the thread is your personal venting space to rage about whatever card just beat you. Grow up or quit playing already.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

You have a very unhealthy relationship with this game and thread dude. You hate the game (your words) and the thread is your personal venting space to rage about whatever card just beat you. Grow up or quit playing already.

Edit: You know what? Not even fighting you. You've been nothing but a dick to me for months and you act shocked when I push back. I can vent wherever I want to vent, and I'm far from the only one. Just put me on ignore and move on.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 23, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I regret not being patient enough to get wave from my free s3

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Let’s make a SA Snap Discord with a dedicated thread to helping New Leaf get better

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

This game is loving dangerous man it really fries people's brains

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Let’s make a SA Snap Discord with a dedicated thread to helping New Leaf get better

Should I start livestreaming and let you guys tell me what move to make?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
It is funny to me that Second Dinner doesn't seem to understand how to add content to their own game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

New Leaf posted:

Should I start livestreaming and let you guys tell me what move to make?

Just snap when you're gonna win and retreat when you're gonna lose! Bing bong so simple, I made Infinite in three hours using this strategy!