Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Nitr0 posted:

Ah my mistake. Got my people mixed up. Terren and I have a bunch of mutual connections.

Is one of them the departing CEO of Linus Media Group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Mebbe

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Nitr0 posted:

I’m glad you know better than me, random internet poster!

I'm just going by the very hostile tone of your posts and replies, it's not my fault if you come across that way :shrug:

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Thanks for your opinion, it’s very appreciated.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Nitr0 posted:

Thanks for your opinion, it’s very appreciated.

Thanks for your passive aggression, I'm sure it's helping you out somehow. :)

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
I thought this thread would be more fun, seems y’all are miserable.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Sorry. I turned my studio apartment into a shrine of everything Linus.

I have all the merch and my pc has all the stickers on it. Hard to stay positive cause all I want to do is be part of the lmg empire but nobody will return my calls :tizzy:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Nitr0 posted:

Sorry. I turned my studio apartment into a shrine of everything Linus.

I have all the merch and my pc has all the stickers on it. Hard to stay positive cause all I want to do is be part of the lmg empire but nobody will return my calls :tizzy:

There's your problem, you need to be in the discord.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

this week Linus has built a 100k minecraft rig and watercooled a bed. i personaly am entertained.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Combat Pretzel posted:

Not the op, but similar grievance. There's quite a few posters on these forums (not specifically this subforum) that need to tone it down a bit with their desire to crucify people and holier than thou attitudes.

People are a product of the circumstances, and that sometimes results in edge lord opinions. In the case of Jay, he's some idiot from Texas, and chances of some gun-toting bullshit opinions are therefore pretty high. In the not so far past, (most) people just rolled their eyes at dumb poo poo like he posted and ignored said person. But no, nowadays, everyone needs to be cancelled and crawl under a rock.

Not saying that there are some people that deserve flak of that kind. But Jay? Jesus Christ, that guy is just a poser (in the relevant regards).

Is he just a poser? How do you know? None of us know until he proves it one way or another.

Rather than handwaving his dumb behavior with "boys from texas will be boys from texas" excuses, its not unreasonable to say "hey, guy with millions of viewers, dont do George Zimmerman cosplay" and also do better in general.

Because

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's especially uncomfortable in light of more recent stories of people getting shot simply for ringing someone's doorbell or walking on their lawn (to look for a missing cat)

and

Jeff Fatwood posted:

mass shootings in the only country that has them happen every hour or two.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Absolutely perfect thumbnail artistry on display for Linus' (extremely negative) 4060ti review. Master at work poo poo.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

njsykora posted:

Absolutely perfect thumbnail artistry on display for Linus' (extremely negative) 4060ti review. Master at work poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk7M2jGdnxU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
guys, leave jay alone, he's just a quirky gun nut

https://twitter.com/JayzTwoCents/status/907243204407312384?s=20

https://twitter.com/JayzTwoCents/status/907247696670482432?s=20

oh...

this was all in the context of someone posting an article about pewdiepie using the n word on a live stream.

racism and gunning down blm protesters fantasy aside, he's a hack in the youtube tech world who rides the coattails of people who actually know what they're talking about when a controversy happens, and is almost always dead wrong in his "analysis" of it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Blacks

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
All I need to see is that checkmark. That’s enough!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

I just disliked him because of his third rate videos and weird energy, but holy poo poo, that's gross.
Gotta wonder what he says when not in a public forum

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
how does the dude not even have the self-awareness to delete those tweets

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

priznat posted:

All I need to see is that checkmark. That’s enough!

To be fair, for people who need social media to keep their profile up, they need the checkmark or the engagement plummets. A Twitch streamer I follow felt forced to get because the number of tweet views fell off a cliff. Now that is gross.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Romes128 posted:

guys, leave jay alone, he's just a quirky gun nut

https://twitter.com/JayzTwoCents/status/907243204407312384?s=20

https://twitter.com/JayzTwoCents/status/907247696670482432?s=20

oh...

this was all in the context of someone posting an article about pewdiepie using the n word on a live stream.

racism and gunning down blm protesters fantasy aside, he's a hack in the youtube tech world who rides the coattails of people who actually know what they're talking about when a controversy happens, and is almost always dead wrong in his "analysis" of it.

Just Texas things~~ :swoon:

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

To be fair, for people who need social media to keep their profile up, they need the checkmark or the engagement plummets. A Twitch streamer I follow felt forced to get because the number of tweet views fell off a cliff. Now that is gross.

This has proven to be BS - lots of people buying blue checks and their engagement goes DOWN. Turns out you just need to make good content.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

jay is above the 1 million follower threshold where twitter gives you a checkmark against your will

https://twitter.com/JayzTwoCents/status/1651332069270642689

Vintersorg posted:

Just Texas things~~ :swoon:

This has proven to be BS - lots of people buying blue checks and their engagement goes DOWN. Turns out you just need to make good content.

it's produced a fun new type of ratio where blue-boosted posts get huge numbers of views but still get barely any active engagement

you can pay to put your posts in front of people but you can't pay to make them care

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

This is what stands out to me. It's like whenever I hear somebody use the term 'coloured,' you just know some racist poo poo is coming.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Jeff Gerstmann of Videogames fame said on his podcast last week that click through rates for streams on Twitter were always terrible too. Not nothing so it was still worth doing them but low enough that you’d never pay for the service as a business.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
LMG sponsor vetting process going real well...

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

how many crypto shilling videos have they had at this point. people still watch anyway

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Nowher posted:

LMG sponsor vetting process going real well...

so the bomb collars from Fallout New Vegas then

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Cross-Section posted:

so the bomb collars from Fallout New Vegas then

The bomb collars from this true story https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Brian_Wells

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Haha, at a glance I thought those collars were for some new sex thing that I'm too old to have heard about.
"Bloody gen-(?) gadding about the place flaunting their kinks"
The reality is worse somehow.

I like that Jay at least has decent posts about twitter.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day I guess. Sadly it just displays "blacks" the rest of the time though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okS5qnMMcjs

lol

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

For once a comment on YouTube is good.
What a novel concept.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 24, 2023

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
SA and fail GBS moderator Geoforry of yospos mentioned in the Wan show about the imgur thingy at this timestamp

https://youtu.be/ILBz-SBVg08?t=5763

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

track day bro! posted:

SA and fail GBS moderator Geoforry of yospos mentioned in the Wan show about the imgur thingy at this timestamp

https://youtu.be/ILBz-SBVg08?t=5763
They're just regurgitating stuff from the Verge article.

Also, I'm not interested in hearing ephemeral content logic from a guy who claims he's all about hosting content on his own platform.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Host all of your images as single frame MP4’s on floatplane.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What is the new image share host to use these days anyway

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Postimages is the one I’ve taken to, though some people think it’s too slow.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

njsykora posted:

Postimages is the one I’ve taken to, though some people think it’s too slow.

I wish they had a browser extension.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

priznat posted:

What is the new image share host to use these days anyway
i'm putting the random images i share into a cloudflare r2 bucket behind a domain i own (so that when i forget to renew it all the posts die)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Malloc Voidstar posted:

i'm putting the random images i share into a cloudflare r2 bucket behind a domain i own (so that when i forget to renew it all the posts die)

do you do that from mobile? I was going to set up an r2 or s3 thing but don’t really want to write a mobile app for that part because I’m lazy

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Subjunctive posted:

do you do that from mobile? I was going to set up an r2 or s3 thing but don’t really want to write a mobile app for that part because I’m lazy
no (because i got logged out on mobile 3 years ago and i'm too lazy to log back in because my password is complex)
i did write a simple http server that can upload/transload images for me, no built in auth though since it's only running on my local network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
I just post the images in my private Discord server and leech off them. :v: (Also, Jeffrey and Astral are working on an improved version of the post attachment system which should be able to replace most off-site image hosting on the forums but that's not ready yet.)