Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

blight rhino posted:

he's sleeping again. 24 minutes left of sleeping? I guess?
I'd mock that this is entertainment this day? But I'm watching it, so wtf knows
his sleep timer just reset. goddamnit, why am i being sucked into this poo poo shw

This guy is gonna end up like groverhaus- a cautionary tale burned into our collective goon psyche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
It's a payment timer - the more people pay, the longer he keeps the camera on.

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
The stream is back up and they’re bout to hit the trail after breakfast!

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

haha he's already breathing heavily while still at the hotel.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Final shot is the sherpas face as he loots the equipment.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

144 heart rate as he takes what looks like a pretty normal set of stairs on the trail. You think he knows when to quit, or are we about to watch a snuf livestream?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

From a quick Google 8-14 days seems the standard range to reach the Base Camp, specifically including multiple rest days. This guy definitely needs a couple of more days for his body to adapt before he sets off hiking again.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Yeah, everyone he meets is telling him that it's dangerous but he doesn't care, he's chasing those kick-dollars so he's throwing caution to the wind.

Edit: He's also pressuring his friends to do the same, so it's likely one of them will fall ill soon

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 23, 2023

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

He's currently chilling in a temple and his resting heartrate is about 100.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
Deepak also has a stream going: https://kick.com/deepak

I don't know if Joel is streaming as well but he does have that phone strapped to his chest so he might

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

And right on cue, YouTube just recommended me Joel's livestream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_vRDQ-B_as

Wonder if he's banged 10 women yet.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

And right on cue, YouTube just recommended me Joel's livestream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_vRDQ-B_as

Wonder if he's banged 10 women yet.

Ah that's awesome, now we can watch this disaster from three different angles

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Can we crowd fund “I feel fuckin great” onto his tombstone?

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
Edit: never mind

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 23, 2023

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm kramering in for a special announcement:

Do not, under any circumstances, take glee in any misfortune that happens. Don't hope for his death, don't wish for any harm. If you want to discuss how dumb he is for doing this, go for it, but I'm going to come down hard on anything that seems like you're wishing for this dude to get harmed or die.

Thank you

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why not

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Can I hope for the misfortune of looking really really dumb on screen? I hope so because that's already getting fulfilled in spades.....

It would also be awesome if his stream got demonitized but thats not looking so likely. Dumb idiot is still going to be making his money.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

jemand posted:

Can I hope for the misfortune of looking really really dumb on screen? I hope so because that's already getting fulfilled in spades.....

It would also be awesome if his stream got demonitized but thats not looking so likely. Dumb idiot is still going to be making his money.

Yeah sure go hogwild on that if it doesn't result in actual harm

Just not "haha I hope I see him freeze to death the idiot!!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
wait no jokes at all if he does?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I'm not gonna rules lawyer it, let's play it by ear, but I just wanted to draw lines first

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah sure go hogwild on that if it doesn't result in actual harm

Just not "haha I hope I see him freeze to death the idiot!!"

Cool! I hope he has a sudden and profound realization of what a stupid rear end he's been and rethinks all his life choices to date.

A temple actually would be a really appropriate location for this, he should stay there awhile.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Wasn't going to hope for misfortune at all, I hope to see the 140 bpm warrior on the summit, can you livestream from there now?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Jesus Christ, what an idiot.

We had a youtuber die climbing a mountain in Italy a few years ago, apparently because he literally stepped backwards off a cliff face while trying to record himself, of course with no fall-arresting equipment of any kind.

Maybe we should just lock all streamers up in their houses for their own sake, they're clearly not safe to be out and about, at least not anywhere higher than sea level.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

jemand posted:

Cool! I hope he has a sudden and profound realization of what a stupid rear end he's been and rethinks all his life choices to date.

A temple actually would be a really appropriate location for this, he should stay there awhile.

he could pivot from idiot mountaineer to guy who wont shut the gently caress up about his religious experience in a nepali temple

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

pretty sure he already knows he won't be climbing the real thing, but even if he were 100% committed the ropes are sounding likely to be taken down in the next few days

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

Maybe we should just lock all streamers up

:hmmyes:

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Jesus Christ, what an idiot.

We had a youtuber die climbing a mountain in Italy a few years ago, apparently because he literally stepped backwards off a cliff face while trying to record himself, of course with no fall-arresting equipment of any kind.

Maybe we should just lock all streamers up in their houses for their own sake, they're clearly not safe to be out and about, at least not anywhere higher than sea level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_selfie-related_injuries_and_deaths

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

quote:

Two young men died in the Ural Mountains after they pulled the pin from a live hand grenade to take a selfie. The phone with the picture remained as evidence of the incident.

:psyduck:

That is one hell of a wikipedia article.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

quote:

Shortly before, they posted the message "Standing right by a train ahaha this is awesome!!!!" to Facebook.

It was not awesome.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Robo Reagan posted:

he could pivot from idiot mountaineer to guy who wont shut the gently caress up about his religious experience in a nepali temple

This would also be extremely obnoxious, but considerably safer.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I love mountain hikes but you won't see me taking a picture sitting off the edge of a cliff like I see a lot of people do when I do my yearly trips.

One slip up and you've got a surprisingly long time to contemplate how hosed you are

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

This is a video of someone doing some ski mountaineering and kinda accidentally slipping backwards off a cliff. He is OK! But, content warning: traumatic to watch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=anJZ3s9PFmQ

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiGkU_eXJa8

they gopro'd the first ski descent of k2. you can tell he's extremely rattled by the end

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Few years ago a Japanese guy live-streamed Fuji in the winter and fell off on sight of the summit mid stream.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I hope that Ice Poseidon suffers a fate appropriate for someone who groomed a thirteen-year-old.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Platystemon posted:

I hope that Ice Poseidon suffers a fate appropriate for someone who groomed a thirteen-year-old.

Did he do this? wth

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

My secret hope is that he realizes that the all the people he passes are just locals living their lives and maybe don't barge into their yards and homes. Maybe he gets curious about the temple, and respects it.

I'm betting he eventually twists his ankle on the most mundane part of a trail, makes up a bunch of reasons to give up, and that's that. Either that or he makes it to base camp and gets the side-eye from every single person there.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I saw on Wiki that unless you have a climbing permit they don't let you in to the proper base camp, so there's a lol there already.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Yeah, it seems from the collection of "HIKING TO BASE CAMP!!!" dub-steppy YouTube vids, there's the mountaineer equivalent of the kids table for these types that stays a healthy distance from the genuine base camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

PurpleXVI posted:

:psyduck:

That is one hell of a wikipedia article.

Oh no.

quote:

A 32-year-old woman from North Carolina died after her vehicle crossed the center median on Interstate 85 in the Greensboro-Winston-Salem area, upon which it collided with a recycling truck, left the road, hit a tree, and burst into flames – moments after posting selfies online when she heard Pharrell Williams's song "Happy" playing on radio station WKZL inside her car.

Edit:
Still reading through this article and it's apparent that Trains and electricity have been waiting a long time for selfies to come along so they could team up to kill as many people as possible. Not that trains haven't been monstrous mass-killers before, but since things are a good deal safer than during their salad days as murderers, selfies have given them a fresh lease on death.

Mr. Funny Pants fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 23, 2023