Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dangit, lost the roll on the P12 orchestrion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

MSQ 1st quest: do you always get the crowd fainting from the spiciness regardless of what ingredient you choose? :haw:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Regalingualius posted:

MSQ 1st quest: do you always get the crowd fainting from the spiciness regardless of what ingredient you choose? :haw:

Seems to be so

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy poo poo, that MSQ was a ride, huh

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Cleretic posted:

If I'm being completely honest that would be a huge negative for me if they did that. (Especially if it's Hoyoverse-tier voice acting, which is... let's be generous and say 'inconsistent'.)

Can you imagine Alexander's storyline fully voiced? I can't imagine it comes out of that being nearly as fondly-regarded.

Kobolds are voiced in ARR MSQ (being the only tribes members so far that were) and it was insanely lol. I can’t imagine the goblin illuminati being taken seriously when spoken out loud

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

goblin week posted:

Kobolds are voiced in ARR MSQ (being the only tribes members so far that were) and it was insanely lol.

Oh come on now, the Kobolds were fine, decent, acceptable.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

goblin week posted:

Kobolds are voiced in ARR MSQ (being the only tribes members so far that were) and it was insanely lol. I can’t imagine the goblin illuminati being taken seriously when spoken out loud

Quickthinx Allthoughts with a deep baritone and line reads delivered like he was fuckin Saruman would rule, actually.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Putting my MCH gun to your head and demanding you name the Hildibrand, Nashu and Godbert VAs.

Thundarr posted:

Quickthinx Allthoughts with a deep baritone and line reads delivered like he was fuckin Saruman would rule, actually.

Hell yeah uplander.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

In case anyone needs it for quick reference

https://twitter.com/MoonfallenFFXIV/status/1660975404037939203?t=v___Ln730avKXTDKpyeOfw&s=19

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Got an armor piece on the first level of the raid. Meaning now I gotta fight to get armor in the rest of fights. And P10 is an absolute pain ugh

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
No context MSQ - https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1259679624411430912

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Ok, after 3 games (and going 1-1-1), my opinion on the new shatter is "it's fine, I guess." I like the more balanced map and the spawn patterns are way better than old shatter, which could put you in some weird unwinnable situations. It's also much easier to get around which I appreciate.

The biggest flaw with the map is that there's too many things spawning at once. In practice, it lends itself to small skirmishes and interesting strategies around allocation of resources. In reality, the optimal way to play is to run around as a deathball and run around to each big ice, with maybe a couple folks doing your small base ices. You run over teams that have spread their resources too thin and just become unstoppable once you get higher levels of battle high.

I recognize it is patch day so there's a lot more chaos than usual. However, I would be surprised if deathball didn't become the popular strategy from most frontline commanders. Obtaining Battle High and getting points/taking points from the enemy team is just too strong versus trying to optimize PvE objectives.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 23, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Got an armor piece on the first level of the raid. Meaning now I gotta fight to get armor in the rest of fights. And P10 is an absolute pain ugh

It's worth it. I appreciate that the aiming set puts the crystals far enough back it (mostly) doesn't clip the bow.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 23, 2023

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Talk to Claudien after you're done with the raid story. He doesn't have a quest marker, but there's some more story there. (Might require having done the Stormblood alliance raid series?)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
holy poo poo this raid story is a mess

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

It rules, actually.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Doomykins posted:

The joke is that Selene is dead and glamming Eos is a perfectly fine mechanical replacement for a videogame system but if you take glamming literally as per the lore it's a bit off.

It's actually fine, because both Eos and Selene are the same fairy bound to your jobstone-- they're just aspects of Lily. Now Lily gets to be a carbuncle too.

I do wish they let me keep the Summon Selene icon, I prefer it to the Summon Eos one. I'll probably usually have her as a topaz carbuncle though so I can just use a macro with that icon.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

Has there ever been a story involving time travel that hasn't been a mess?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I find myself struggling to care about the characters in the Pandaemonium arc. Like the Ancients are fine and all, but there's nothing in this storyline that has drawn me in the way that other side stories have. Just my take on it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tamba posted:

I actually found Alexander completely digestible.

I'm guessing that's either because that's a time travel story where we're just witness to time travel, or because it literally just works on Bill and Ted rules.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tamba posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7hElo-fSj0

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Huh. Jonathan will give me the Big Fish framer's kit even though I'm two fish short.

An editing error, in my favor.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Not really a big fan of the new Shatter. I get their intent behind some of the changes, but the rate of ice spawns and the increased HP on large ices means that I spend, like, 85-90% of my time attacking a stationary target, and there's so many convenient ices that crossing the midpoint into enemy territory is basically never worth it. Sucks to have a map that was by far the bloodiest of the bunch go to the one that puts me to sleep the fastest, although it's not entirely irredeemable as an idea, and I hope they adjust ice spawns/big ice HP appropriately whenever their next small patch is.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I decided to do the raid first. The music didn't disappoint.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Vermain posted:

Not really a big fan of the new Shatter. I get their intent behind some of the changes, but the rate of ice spawns and the increased HP on large ices means that I spend, like, 85-90% of my time attacking a stationary target, and there's so many convenient ices that crossing the midpoint into enemy territory is basically never worth it. Sucks to have a map that was by far the bloodiest of the bunch go to the one that puts me to sleep the fastest, although it's not entirely irredeemable as an idea, and I hope they adjust ice spawns/big ice HP appropriately whenever their next small patch is.

yeah I think I had like 200k damage to players done and 1.4 mil to ice. too many ice up at once so i'm always chasing them around with not much reason to target the enemy team

I guess I don't know what the problem with the old map was

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 24, 2023

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tamba posted:

Yeah EW and that raid series. That poster is just dumb

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just want to say that the achievement for finishing P12 is perfect in every way. Koji has done it again.

Awesome Gaol, Great Job!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hazardousmouse posted:

I guess I don't know what the problem with the old map was

I think the bloodiness was the main issue. More than any other mode, you could stack an absurd number of BHs on your team, and even lightly coordinated teams could dominate the map solely through kills in a way that's harder to do on the other maps that had randomized objectives smoothing out the skill curve. Trying to push people away from the nonstop 3-way mid fight is understandable in that context, but they swung around the other way too hard into a scenario where fighting anyone is mostly just something you do because you're bored out of your loving mind moreso than because it's profitable to do so.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fister Roboto posted:

Just want to say that the achievement for finishing P12 is perfect in every way. Koji has done it again.

Awesome Gaol, Great Job!

I saw this pop on someone when I went to pick it up and I want to loving scream

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Fister Roboto posted:

Awesome Gaol, Great Job!

That would be his replacement as he has instead been in charge of FFXVI 's localization lately. I think they said it was whoever localized the ShB Healer rolequests now.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Twibbit posted:

That would be his replacement as he has instead been in charge of FFXVI 's localization lately. I think they said it was whoever localized the ShB Healer rolequests now.

Kathryn Cwynar, who's a lot quieter and harder to read the 'style' of; she's apparently been in this role since Shadowbringers. (Which tracks, because there was a notable lack of Simpsons references from that point forward.)

Her most notable specific credit is actually the Namazu!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Namazu had a distressing lack of fish puns but was otherwise good.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

So far the 6.4 MSQ has been entertaining but I have that Windows Audio bug so I'm back to playing in silence :shobon:

Usually, I turn on full audio for the new VA lines and scenes so it feels quiet in town since I don't hear anything else either.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Alder posted:

So far the 6.4 MSQ has been entertaining but I have that Windows Audio bug so I'm back to playing in silence :shobon:

Usually, I turn on full audio for the new VA lines and scenes so it feels quiet in town since I don't hear anything else either.

If you're playing on a Dualshock 4/DualSense, go into your sound devices and disable them if they show up there. That seems to be the most likely common thread amongst people having the problem according the Known Issues post on the Lodestone.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

If you're playing on a Dualshock 4/DualSense, go into your sound devices and disable them if they show up there. That seems to be the most likely common thread amongst people having the problem according the Known Issues post on the Lodestone.

Yeah, I did check since I have DS4 but I can hear other places like YT normally but just not the game :sigh:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

This is not a reference I expected, but I deeply appreciate it.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Vermain posted:

The secret is that the optimal way to win is actually to run around murdering everyone. I'm not joking - in my 4 games the team that focused on murdering people first, ice later won. It's extremely counterintuitive but getting battle high is just that good.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Between an unexpected reply option during the normal raid cutscenes and the name of the music roll that can only be obtained from P12 savage in the Orchestrion log, it seems the game might be spoiling what the bonus phase of the last savage fight is.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
the issue with old shatter is how many non-games the old map created. if the early ices spawned in a way that wasnt pretty close to symmetrical, then some teams made out better than others. and due to the constant drip feed of data from the tomelith as well as the fact that its actually really hard to break parity with kills, these non-games could easily stay a non-game for the entire match. it sucked rear end and the only reason people didnt complain is because shatter was the easiest mode to look busy in without actually doing anything so everyone who only does pvp for the tome rewards accepted this state of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Tried Shatter and the winning strategy was as soon as the ice breaks to overrun the other people hitting it and force an ugly retreat to pick them off. There should definitely be fighting constantly so it feels like a decent FL? I do miss the old one but hey, neither is Secure levels of really wishing I wasn't here right now.