Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

TulliusCicero posted:

So how about that rout back to the border by Russian forces...

Oh did they mean these Russians are routing the other Russians?

One thing they ain’t routing: their bank accounts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
just remembered that the russians mined their own escape route from bakhmut lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Belgorod in two days

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Belgorod has and always been Ukrianian.

- Liz Truss

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/POLITICOEurope/status/1661075625459761160

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

There's nothing wrong with Washington's package.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

The_Franz posted:

They were basically a handful of conspiracy-addled, sovcit weirdos with no support going on a nuisance mission. It was never going to end in any kind of meaningful gains.

It was funny though.

I need to find out what brand of spray paint they used for the "for bakhmut" tag - not even fire can get that stuff off it seems

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Yeah, lets send a guy named Alexander de Pfeffel, literally a descendant of one of the British royal families, to Texas to tell their republican party that they are wrong about something and should just do what he says. What could possibly go wrong?

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 23, 2023

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Der Kyhe posted:

Yeah, lets send a guy named Alexander de Pfeffel, literally a descendant of one the British royal families, to Texas to tell their republican part that they are wrong about something and should just do what he says. What could possibly go wrong?

I don’t think you “get” Texas republicans if you think any of that matters to them more than “fascist rich guy” does

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Look on the bright side - he may actually get shot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Der Kyhe posted:

Yeah, lets send a guy named Alexander de Pfeffel, literally a descendant of one the British royal families, to Texas to tell their republican part that they are wrong about something and should just do what he says. What could possibly go wrong?

Texas adopted a Canadian-born Rafael Edward Cruz as one of their own so I don't think give a poo poo as long as he's an rear end in a top hat

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

Texas adopted a Canadian-born Rafael Edward Cruz as one of their own so I don't think give a poo poo as long as he's an rear end in a top hat

Good point.

Samovar posted:

Look on the bright side - he may actually get shot.

Very good point.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

Der Kyhe posted:

Yeah, lets send a guy named Alexander de Pfeffel, literally a descendant of one of the British royal families, to Texas to tell their republican party that they are wrong about something and should just do what he says. What could possibly go wrong?

He’s also in trouble with the police again. (Which is probably why he’s not in the UK atm)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65690243

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oops never mind

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Russian milbloggers, some of them at least, aren't buying the official narrative of what's going on right now in Belgorod.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

May 22nd was a very stupid day to not be looking at the Ukraine thread for once in a year. Yowza.

beer_war posted:

There's nothing wrong with Washington's package.

I've heard it's wood.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

pro starcraft loser posted:

I've heard it's wood.

A common mistake. Washington's package was in fact made of a combination of human, cow, and horse packages, and some metal alloys.:)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
declaration of indepizdets

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm sure conservative Americans are extremely concerned their biggest donor and culture war ally are getting their asses kicked up and down by Ukraine and now other Russians

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

declaration of indepizdets

:laffo: :lol:

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

zone posted:

Russian milbloggers, some of them at least, aren't buying the official narrative of what's going on right now in Belgorod.

Looking at the video I suspect that the vehicles were staged (fresh painted slogans, no blood, rust on areas that don't look to be from fires), and someone said they geolocated it to be in a Russian controlled area away from bolgograd... I have no idea whats going on there but to be fair I bet neither does russia.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1661077330033295376

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/KramarenkoMari3/status/1661089703020380183
InformNapalm doesn't buy their copes either.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1661092058642169863?t=TVyl9oU-zfjy7RYP8sab0Q&s=19

If that means giving land under St. Petersburg to Sweden then sure, I'm in, more maps please

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

fatherboxx posted:

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1661092058642169863?t=TVyl9oU-zfjy7RYP8sab0Q&s=19

If that means giving land under St. Petersburg to Sweden then sure, I'm in, more maps please

Russian Trump in every way

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

fatherboxx posted:

Surely you mean giving Nevanlinna back to Ingrians and Karelians.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I saw a historical map from even earlier at the state museum of Kazakhstan and it had no Russia. Give that poo poo back russailures.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
If someone wanted to show me his old map , trying to prove that some modern country doesn't exist because it's not on the map, I would suspect some neurological disorder. But I guess it's simple case of nationalist brain rot.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Males with map disorder younger than like 50 these days get a prescription of Paradox games but president monke is too far gone, his brain is just water

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

According to this 400-year-old map, the Dutch province of Flevoland doesn't exist. It's a NATO scam.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm looking at my Canadian geography text book from 1995 and this Nunavut thing is bullshit.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
be careful with those maps vlad or you might accidentally come up with the ones showing kievan rus and that would be embarassing

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

be careful with those maps vlad or you might accidentally come up with the ones showing kievan rus and that would be embarassing

Or with Novgorod Republic and be like ...gently caress.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Der Kyhe posted:

Or with Novgorod Republic and be like ...gently caress.

i'm particularly fond of the period where the grand duchy of muscovy was in a three-way sandwich with novgorod, kazan, and perm all inhabiting the same general location

lol even then though muscovy did the satellite state thing. that's what happened to ryazan and odolev and tver and rostov and yaroslavl and pskov, all of which were their own countries/principalities in 1450

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 23, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Golden Horde.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Der Kyhe posted:

Surely you mean giving Nevanlinna back to Ingrians and Karelians.

we demand yhe restoration øv Gothia, as-well as yhe Pontic Harr Bors øv Theodosia, i Kalamita, to rightful Tauric Chersonese rule

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Russia looking at a map from the 1865 and using it as a pretext to invade Alaska would actually be the funniest outcome of this entire war

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
the donbas is Scythian, and the Kerch bridge belongs to the Cimmerian Bosporides, end of loving discussion.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Drone_Fragger posted:

Russia looking at a map from the 1865 and using it as a pretext to invade Alaska would actually be the funniest outcome of this entire war

In the maps he's looking at there would be no United States at all, so . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sir John Falstaff posted:

In the maps he's looking at there would be no United States at all, so . . .

Alaska is actually free, he can just go and take it