Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Super excited for this season, hopefully my irrational fear of giant underwater monsters doesn't stop me like it did in Subnautica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

why are people on twitter complaining about reskins

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

frajaq posted:

From the trailer, I assume the seasonal weapons are Taken themed reskins of the Reckoning weapons. People on twitter are complaining about it because that's what they do.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Patch notes are up and lol hope you remember how to do vault

Each week, players can visit Hawthorne in the Tower to acquire a pursuit to complete all encounters of the Last Wish raid. Completion will award guaranteed Last Wish pattern progress until all patterns are acquired. In addition, completion of the pursuit will unlock a vendor exchange on Hawthorne for that week where players can spend Spoils of Conquest to purchase 1 additional Deepsight weapon from a selection of Last Wish weapons they've previously obtained.

it's probably faster to just riven cheese farm during rotator

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

cool, I don't even have any of those since I didn't play before Beyond Light

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

frajaq posted:

they are stupid, OP.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm gonna need a refresher on what guns from Last Wish are any worth using, cause I'm not remembering any.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
They all got a perk refresh, up to 7 from 4. Techeon with RF/UP is a great pvp roll, and the RL will probably be great because it's the good frame and they're adding at least the new perk bipod on it

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

MJeff posted:

I'm gonna need a refresher on what guns from Last Wish are any worth using, cause I'm not remembering any.

ALL OF THEM A CLOSET FULL OF GUNS FOR EVERY OCCASION

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Techeun Force *may* be one of the best fusions in the game, is arc

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t wait to unlock these patterns for guns I’ll never use

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

MJeff posted:

The pulse and HC are good, the void AR is Okay but will likely get destabilizing rounds and/or repulsor brace, everything else is kind of just there and the rocket launcher is one of the worst in the game but its main problem was a bad perk pool so that may have been fixed

edit: I’ve never gotten a not dogshit techeun force so apologies if it’s actually good, I wouldn’t know lol

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 23, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MJeff posted:

just based on frame,

supremacy (rapid fire sniper rifles got biggo buffo in PVE and is in the kinetic slot)
age-old bond (a void auto rifle? in this economy???)

based on perks and guesses,

techeun force (the extremely crucible-desirable under pressure/high impact reserves)
tyranny of heaven (they're probably loving with this extra hard because they called out doing so)
apex predator (lmao ambitious assassin + kill clip on a RL)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't know if it's actually any good but I loving love the HC's name, "Nation of Beasts"

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

also it's extremely loving lol that they're so utterly terrified of touching last wish that they made it a hawthorne bounty to avoid touching the raid itself

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

haveblue posted:

I don't know if it's actually any good but I loving love the HC's name, "Nation of Beasts"

It’s just a good ole solid 140, if I need an arc hand cannon I’m probably reaching for that one

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kith posted:

also it's extremely loving lol that they're so utterly terrified of touching last wish that they made it a hawthorne bounty to avoid touching the raid itself
anticipating the amount of times players will reach the end and go "wait, I was supposed to have a bounty?"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Finally, the patch we've all been waiting for

"Reduced Neomuna weapons drop chance from VIP Patrols"

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

haveblue posted:

It was an arc flavored Fatebringer for a while, with Outlaw Dragonfly. It was one of my favorite guns for a long time, especially during the handcannon seasons.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Finally, the patch we've all been waiting for

"Reduced Neomuna weapons drop chance from VIP Patrols"

I think that's just the roaming dudes? Heroic Patrols were the thing people were grinding for patterns before.
That note comes right after a buff to weapon drops from heroic PEs too.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

I think that's just the roaming dudes? Heroic Patrols were the thing people were grinding for patterns before.
That note comes right after a buff to weapon drops from heroic PEs too.

Sounds reasonable to me, but don't the roaming dudes have a current 0% chance of dropping a gun?? Last I was in Neomuna they dropped glimmer, but never loot. They didn't even give Neomuna Rep, for whatever reason!

EDIT - Bungie refers to the star icon patrol as 'VIP'. The gold star icon is a Heroic difficulty VIP Patrol, so this is a reduction from 100% to not-100% on those, I guess. Oh well, hopefully everyone's done with their neptune patterns by now and/or ready to commit some of those Redframe Juicers to the cause

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 23, 2023

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Honestly I love my Supremacy for PvP and the only relevant perk it has is snapshot, the scope is so crisp

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There is now a negative neomuna weapon drop chance, if you kill this enemy there is a small chance it will delete a neomuna weapon from your vault.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God
So glad to hear my sweet beautiful baby Spare Rations is back. Maybe the Taken version will be good too :rms:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm curious if they share a drop source, if both versions are craftable, and if the damage & archetypes are different between versions! Seems reasonable that the Taken versions would include some Strand & Stasis versions of the guns (plus Void since sometimes Bungie treats Void as a bad guy element)

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Kith posted:

I wonder how many people that developed Last Wish are still with Bungie? I was worried we might not get ANY loot purchase the other day and so this is a decent compromise

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roctavian posted:

I wonder how many people that developed Last Wish are still with Bungie? I was worried we might not get ANY loot purchase the other day and so this is a decent compromise

What's the compromise part? They're just having Hawthorne serve as the end of raid loot chest, as far as I can tell. New perks & origin traits with no downside to a tradeoff that I can think of?

Also holy cow, I was really not expecting this season's activity & dungeon to speedrun so many plot lines. Full speed ahead to TFS!

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm curious if they share a drop source, if both versions are craftable, and if the damage & archetypes are different between versions! Seems reasonable that the Taken versions would include some Strand & Stasis versions of the guns (plus Void since sometimes Bungie treats Void as a bad guy element)

People on Reddit are saying that the Taken version of Spare Rations is a 120 rpm Strand weapon, not sure exactly where they're getting that from but it makes sense I guess.

EDIT: Added spoiler tags since this might be from a leak?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Heads up
https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1661052308334186496?s=20

Gotta have the old quest done to get the new gun and strand doodads

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Y'all remember when they said they were changing things on the backend to increase stability so there wouldn't be hours of downtime for maintenance / launch day?

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1661084115930849280

lol. lmao.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

quote:

Exotics:
- Warlock - helmet - Cenotaph Mask: In the hands of a Warlock, Trace Rifles automatically reload and mark combatants. Allies who assist in eliminating these targets are rewarded with Heavy ammo.
- Titan - chest - Arbon Warden: Titans are empowered to create grenades fueled by the Traveler’s Light. When thrown, these new grenades explode and create a barricade at the impact location.
- Hunter - arms - Triton vice: A Hunter’s Glaive comes alive with power and overflows with each foe they dispatch. Matching subclass and Glaive elements cause projectile eliminations to detonate.

Weapon (season pass) - Arc auto rifle - Centrifuse: Sprint to build an electrostatic charge that blinds your foes when you reload.

Hope you like trace rifles warlocks, cause they're gonna be glued to your arms lmao.

This is from the season of the deep product page.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vexcalibur Hunter season sure why not

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah that's gonna be nuts for Warlocks

An auto-loading Ager's + stand in a Phoenix Cradle Titan's Sunspot = an ABSURDLY long frosty mode

Depending on how fast it auto-loads your Trace, it might not play well with a Voltshot Path of Least Resistance but for all we know Voltshot will be unnecessary with the new Artifact mod for lightning storms

Divinity is even better now

Coldheart will absolutely vomit those Ionic Traces all over the place

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Y'all remember when they said they were changing things on the backend to increase stability so there wouldn't be hours of downtime for maintenance / launch day?

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1661084115930849280

lol. lmao.

Lmao if any of you were fool, and believed their lies

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Hackan Slash posted:

Patch notes are up and lol hope you remember how to do vault

Each week, players can visit Hawthorne in the Tower to acquire a pursuit to complete all encounters of the Last Wish raid. Completion will award guaranteed Last Wish pattern progress until all patterns are acquired. In addition, completion of the pursuit will unlock a vendor exchange on Hawthorne for that week where players can spend Spoils of Conquest to purchase 1 additional Deepsight weapon from a selection of Last Wish weapons they've previously obtained.

it's probably faster to just riven cheese farm during rotator

EZ. You just... uh. Pen... Ant? And then... Bird... Down?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Now that's gotta be an oopsy, right?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
FOLKS,

https://twitter.com/ritzzcar/status/1661096869135540226?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay, Reconstruction Bait and Switch is pretty goddamn funny.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Reconstruction and EXPLOSIVE LIGHT

GHAT DAYUM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Every single Last Wish gun has a completely broken, absurd & SSS-tier perk pool now.

Most of them have almost exclusively final column perks in both perk columns, so you can get things liek Kill Clip + Golden Tricorn on the fusion

Rewind Rounds + 4TTC on Supremacy

Dragonfly + Incandescent on the Bow, etc

It's nuts. This is the best weapon pool they've ever offered.