Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

So, this is my GA seat for the Detroit GCW show tonight

I think I made a good choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s the ring dude the seats are chairs

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

GCW is really scraping the barrel for the world title match

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Aw man, Detroit gets LuFisto but not Columbus? drat.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Sticky Nate posted:

GCW is really scraping the barrel for the world title match

What? you've got a Legend in LuFisto, rising stars in Itoh and Masha, Shazza and Allysin are both solid, and there's enough talent in there to probably drag a good match out of Allie.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

That’s the ring dude the seats are chairs

It's standing room only, so no photos to be had of a chair

So far every Michigan native has lost, they must be saving the god pop for Allysin

Also no ninja mack :(

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

How the gently caress do you give me Itoh but not Brooklyn the Hole or Sekai ichii kawaii no wa?

Really hosed up GCW

(Match was great, bowtie pizza cutter)

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

The Taxman posted:

How the gently caress do you give me Itoh but not Brooklyn the Hole or Sekai ichii kawaii no wa?

Really hosed up GCW

(Match was great, bowtie pizza cutter)

She is gang affiliated and they have to go with the gang theme.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Miyu match from the Cleveland suburb gave me both her theme as well as my favorite move (the springing rebound kick)

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

karmicknight posted:

The Miyu match from the Cleveland suburb gave me both her theme as well as my favorite move (the springing rebound kick)

Return Crush rules

Show was really loving good, main event was a total bloodbath. Rina Yamashita is really loving cool, she told me she loves me :3:

Also met a bunch of joshi fans which was super nice, and Allysin Kay talked with me about TJPW for a bit. Spent way too much on photos...

E: Maki did the ultimate diamond head spot:
NO SOLD AN UNPROTECTED HEAD SHOT WITH A STEEL CHAIR

and then powered up by slamming the chair into her own head repeatedly

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 21, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

syzpid posted:

What? you've got a Legend in LuFisto, rising stars in Itoh and Masha, Shazza and Allysin are both solid, and there's enough talent in there to probably drag a good match out of Allie.

Allie is better than Shazza, I've seen Allie have actual good matches with the right opponents.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

how the hell does maki do the diamond head safely i worry her neck gonna end up like hulk hogans tailbone

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Taxman posted:

So, this is my GA seat for the Detroit GCW show tonight

I think I made a good choice

Me and my friends were right by you. I was posted on the stairs.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Allie is better than Shazza, I've seen Allie have actual good matches with the right opponents.

Allie didn't actually wrestle (and I don't think I saw her wandering)

E:aww poo poo, wish I would have known

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 21, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Aw man, I'm glad I know not to be disappointed at the lack of Brooklyn the Hole tonight. I was gonna buy some glowsticks.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

how the hell does maki do the diamond head safely i worry her neck gonna end up like hulk hogans tailbone

here's the trick: she doesn't

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

MassRafTer posted:

"I mean, I don’t know how many other people in the United States history have a mug shot with an Anakin Jedi braid hanging off the side of their blond hair, only a month removed from losing to Jeff Jarrett."

I feel like this is one of those "it's two, but it's weird that it happened twice" moments.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was looking up some old Chikara stuff, and man I can't believe that the Devastation Corporation never became any bigger. I know Smashmaster was a pain in the rear end and had a ton of personality issues, but I really thought Blaster was going to be the second coming of Mike Awesome. The guy was huge and the way he flew around the ring was a thing of beauty. He took off 2020, but otherwise he's only wrestled 18 times since 2018. Was there ever any reason, or was he just too tied into Smashmaster to care to go out and make a bigger name for himself?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

He’s in MLW now and last that I heard about him it was Bryce calling him out for being a piece of poo poo in the Chikara locker room.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's such a shame what happened with CHIKARA. That was the first indie I got really into way back when and I still have the fondest memories of so many of their angles and it's great that some of their guys have been making it in AEW. I was at one of the Devastation Corporation's first shows, A Piece of The Action, and they're one of the things I remember the most about it because of how fun they were. Shame about the personality issues.

In other news, GCW last night was insane. My throat hurts from screaming and a friend of mine nearly got in a fistfight with Matt Cardona. It's crazy how the dude really feels like a star more than ever. He had that entire ballroom booing him out of the building; it was great. And seeing Maki Itoh live was fantastic. Glad I got the chance. I realized it's been six years since I last went to a proper indie that had that energy and I forgot how much I missed it. Gonna have to pay more attention next time Revolver is in town.

On the subject of CHIKARA, I still consider Ultramantis Black one of my favorite wrestlers ever. I wish he'd get booked more, even just get a cameo on AEW or something.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

On the subject of CHIKARA, I still consider Ultramantis Black one of my favorite wrestlers ever. I wish he'd get booked more, even just get a cameo on AEW or something.

I think Mantis is happy running LVAC and keeping his dates to a minimum.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Does he even want to? he does those shows at a drive-in or whatever but that appears to be it.

I’ve got an Ultramantis back patch that gets folks interested in his work so it would definitely be rad to see him do more wrestling in larger promotions to build a fanbase of newer folks.

…and he needs to do another run of the “love cats, hate the state/homophobia/racism/sexism” shirt. so amazing.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Honestly fair play if he is happy where he's at. This is a business that if you aren't careful can destroy you. I just, selfishly, miss watching him work. He was my guy for so long and I feel like he was really ahead of his time in many ways. The newer wrestling fanbase would love him.

One of my biggest regrets is losing his Bad Brains-inspired shirt in a move. It definitely wouldn't fit me now since I bought it while in my first year of college ages ago but it was such a cool shirt. Would love to get another run of his merch.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
My Chikara story is that one of the guys who has been helping out with the T2T Pittsburgh School and MV Young's show was Argus in Chikara, really nice guy, bumped into him at solidarity show for the Post Gazette strikers (was a total coincidence since his friend got him to go); can't say enough good things about Eddie Kingston and tagging with him.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Oh man Argus loving ruled, glad he's still involved in wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
My CHIKARA story is I bought Cibernetico Forever and as we were leaving various guys on the show were shaking hands and signing stuff, so I asked Quackenbush to sign my DVD. Either Cheech or Cloudy was standing next to him and acted offended I didn't ask them. Not realizing they were in the match (I hadn't watched it yet, I just liked their Ciberneticos more than their other shows) I said, "Oh sorry, would you mind signing too?" and they revealed they weren't pretending to be offended and refused.

If you can find a more unlikely person to have a Mike Quackenbush autograph I'd like to meet them. Maybe Tony Khan does.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Tickets to the All In weekend RevPro show are now available - I didn't see an announcement but the sale must've started at least a few days ago as a bunch of seats are already taken

https://www.revolutionprowrestling.com/11yas

I was tempted to return my ticket for PROGRESS + DEFY to go to this instead, but decided against it as I got a front row seat to that show and the closest left available for RevPro are fourth row

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 22, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
If any of y'all are interested in checking out my first venture as Nation Extreme Wrestling's new video editor, it's a drat good match:

NEW Cinco de Mayo 2 - Los Suavecitos vs State of Emergency
(SoE's entrance is hard cam until they hit ringside, there wasn't a usable shot of it)

This job is fun as hell and I hope it leads to a long-term gig. The promoter really likes my work.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I know a lot of indy folk say this, but UMB has been fairly firm on being anti-corporate wrestling, plus one of the reasons they did the phantom title change was they wanted to put the belt on him and his knee was hosed.

I did thoroughly enjoy his yuletide death match with nick gage.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

Oh man Argus loving ruled, glad he's still involved in wrestling.
He even wrestles as Argus (he dmed me this lol) https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsZvZ-TJlah/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

it's weird T2T Pittsburgh doesn't use twitter, they just use Instagram solely

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Sorry for Double post
https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1661077329580371970

Also
https://twitter.com/Montgomery_m21/status/1661094776563703816 Man that's even worse than a Hotdog and a handshake

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Which verse was it though

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ecclesiastes 5:10

Why not give them the pay of the person who had to be replaced?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Ecclesiastes 5:10

Why not give them the pay of the person who had to be replaced?

well they weren't gonna pay that guy either

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

DEFY appears to be starting a women's wrestling promotion

https://twitter.com/defyNW/status/1661920999875702789

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Any other goons going to tomorrow night's GCW show? I'm going solo and it's my first indie show (second ever live show ha). So, so pumped to see Vikingo live!

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1661935708670656518

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

TTBF posted:

DEFY appears to be starting a women's wrestling promotion

https://twitter.com/defyNW/status/1661920999875702789

I wonder how often they’ll be running the women’s shows; they usually only ever have one women’s match per show as-is.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Hey does anyone have the old '20 Years' promo Nick Gage cut on (I think) Jimmy Lloyd? I have a friend getting into hardcore/deathmatching and I can't seem to find it anywhere?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Any other goons going to tomorrow night's GCW show? I'm going solo and it's my first indie show (second ever live show ha). So, so pumped to see Vikingo live!

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1661935708670656518
I'll be there (will be wearing my black and gold Enjoy Wrestling shirt) also going to the Hoodslam show that happens right afterwards so I'm going to be leaving this venue at 230 AM lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Every so often I realize how much I miss Tim Donst. I know he's doing a few indies here and there, mostly CZW (which...possibly isn't a thing anymore), but man. He's another guy I'm amazed hasn't been picked up for more.