Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/Jags24Asare/status/1661081932535414784?s=20

Can't wait for these to be a terrible artifact like Jeb! stuff

Make America Lorida? Ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILN7hG4kUFg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1661080526478819342?t=iJkT458iILFtMeDRJqdsPg&s=19

Trump is going to pants this guy so hard.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"Make America *limpdick*Lorida" makes "Build Back Better" look like Shakespeare.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Wrong Theory posted:

I think whoever can breed the smell out deserves a nobel prize. Tired of everywhere fun smelling like it. Now if someone would legalize it federally so us poor government workers could partake...

Only an issue for flower. Vaped, it disperses to odorlessness in seconds - even indoors.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FrozenVent posted:

The second one did not age well.

I like the second one but yeah it's offensive.

Having the british army show up to save the day in india, gross

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I still remember Fox News canvassing a Florida diner for DeSantis supporters a month or two ago and *even the lady in a DeSantis campaign shirt* was 'yeah Trump's my number one choice for 2024.'

Such tremendous Jeb! energy.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kesper North posted:

Only an issue for flower. Vaped, it disperses to odorlessness in seconds - even indoors.

You can vape flower as well. It was my original vaping. Still smells :(

Pure THC has no odor. In future world you will be able to order carts with whatever ratio of THC, CBD, CBG, CBN, and whatever other random cannabinoid is proven safe. It will have no smell at all, and will be drone delivered* with your Taco Bell ‘Murica Bag courtesy of the MIC subsidiary of your choice**

*lol
*lol, just lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trump was truly at his best when he was cattily shittalking other rich people

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

I like the second one but yeah it's offensive.

Having the british army show up to save the day in india, gross

It's just an unpleasant movie. Instead of beautiful settings it's in a dark cave. It has a bunch of adolescent "huh huh look at this" gross outs like weird bugs and dudes belching while eating ape brains. Indy and the future Mrs. Spielberg hate each other and she shrieks for about half the movie. Short Round is kind of annoying too. Watch the opening until they get on the plane and then watch the mine cart sequence, the rest of the movie is poo poo garbage. If it weren't for Last Crusade the first would be remembered as a good movie with a lovely sequel that killed the series.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Y'all are talking about the crystal skull movie right?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You can vape flower as well. It was my original vaping. Still smells :(

Pure THC has no odor. In future world you will be able to order carts with whatever ratio of THC, CBD, CBG, CBN, and whatever other random cannabinoid is proven safe. It will have no smell at all, and will be drone delivered* with your Taco Bell ‘Murica Bag courtesy of the MIC subsidiary of your choice**

Here in WA we live in that future already, except for the delivery part.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

That movie never got made, its just a dream homie...

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The studio floated the images of Shia LeBouf on the motorcycle dressed like Brando and the public backlash ensured no Indy movies would be made again

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Soul Dentist posted:

No such movie exists.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
It was undone by the Dial of Destiny.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Kesper North posted:

Coming from the South, living in western WA does feel like living in a different country a lot of the time.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Midjack posted:

If it weren't for Last Crusade the first would be remembered as a good movie with a lovely sequel that killed the series.

I love Last Crusade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8AK4fJdLKw

Also, not hearing good things about Dial of Destiny... I think Ford confirmed it's the last movie though? Until they offer to buy him a new plane or something anyways.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

If DeSantis gets the nomination I'm buying a million of those hats and air-dropping them over Texas, anything implying any other State is superior to Texas might be enough to turn the State blue.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Make America :flaccid:Lorida

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Low Riders would be better than crossovers

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kesper North posted:

Woah, link?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wrong Theory posted:

I love Last Crusade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8AK4fJdLKw

Also, not hearing good things about Dial of Destiny... I think Ford confirmed it's the last movie though? Until they offer to buy him a new plane or something anyways.

this made me belly laugh

goddamn I need to lose some weight

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Midjack posted:

It's just an unpleasant movie. Instead of beautiful settings it's in a dark cave. It has a bunch of adolescent "huh huh look at this" gross outs like weird bugs and dudes belching while eating ape brains. Indy and the future Mrs. Spielberg hate each other and she shrieks for about half the movie. Short Round is kind of annoying too. Watch the opening until they get on the plane and then watch the mine cart sequence, the rest of the movie is poo poo garbage. If it weren't for Last Crusade the first would be remembered as a good movie with a lovely sequel that killed the series.

Yeah it’s frustrating especially as Ford was still in his prime, but going from Marion who was brawling and keeping up fine to a shrieking nothing was a terrible downgrade.

On the plus side led to Ke Huy Quan and Ford having a nice moment after Quan’s Oscar win.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Midjack posted:

It's just an unpleasant movie. Instead of beautiful settings it's in a dark cave. It has a bunch of adolescent "huh huh look at this" gross outs like weird bugs and dudes belching while eating ape brains.

I found this scene baffling the first time I saw it because I already knew just how delicious Indian food is. Like why weren't they just stuffing themselves with naan?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

drat now I want Indian

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I found this scene baffling the first time I saw it because I already knew just how delicious Indian food is. Like why weren't they just stuffing themselves with naan?

It's just an extended gross out scene. They go from dinner with all that poo poo, a brief interlude where Indy kills the assassin, then into gross insect tunnel sequence, then into the temple where a dude gets his heart ripped out. Very cool if you're twelve or so but just annoying to watch now. Mom and dad never let me watch that one when I was a kid and I thanked them for that after I saw it a few months ago.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Pretty sure the point of the scene is to indicate there is something deeply, deeply off and wrong about this place, but this intention is made less clear because it can also be read by the lay audience as white filmmakers going "boy foreigners sure do eat weird stuff huh!"

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

drat now I want Indian

I'm getting Indian for dinner tomorrow. Trying a new place.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Pretty sure the point of the scene is to indicate there is something deeply, deeply off and wrong about this place, but this intention is made less clear because it can also be read by the lay audience as white filmmakers going "boy foreigners sure do eat weird stuff huh!"

The whole franchise is based on old pulp novels and adventure serials, and those were hardly ever interested in portraying foreign cultures accurately, so I always just inferred it was just more of that sort of poo poo.

Like it's obviously written to be a funny gag gross-out scene but I was still baffled because it so obviously conflicted with what I knew about Indian food.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 24, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

So can I skip 2 and just go straight to 3?

Because I'd never seen Raiders of the Lost Ark until last year.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Temple of Doom was the worst and I think I only watched it once. I thought Lost Ark and Last Crusade were equally good.

If you've never seen it you may as well check it out, as someone mentioned the mine cart scene is worth it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

So can I skip 2 and just go straight to 3?

Because I'd never seen Raiders of the Lost Ark until last year.

Yes, Temple of Doom is skippable with two exceptions.

The opening scene at the restaurant:
https://youtu.be/lTAuvVzZgFU

The mine cart sequence:
https://youtu.be/95BAfBOs2WA

There, now go on to Last Crusade.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Just watch it the dining hall is nowhere near as offensive as the british army showing up like they're the cavalry to save the day plus there's some incredible set pieces and the finale on the bridge is cool as hell. White lady is annoying but we post elon's tweets here regularly so that's something you should be used to

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Ok, now how about Jonny Quest - Better, Worse, More problematic than Indiana Jones?

Probably better because it inspired the Venture Brothers.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Temple of Doom definitely hasn't aged well and there's definitely some :stare: elements, but I don't think it's horrible and there's definitely some good moments. Worth a watch with a critical eye imo, though Raiders and Last Crusade are both much better films.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Indy 2 has extreme divorced dad-director-writer energy and it's way worse than OK. It's not worth watching imo

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Indy 2 has extreme divorced dad-director-writer energy and it's way worse than OK. It's not worth watching imo

On that note, Robocop is one of my favorites & I finally got around to watching the sequel. Well, I bailed after 15 minutes. Everything was wrong wrong wrong. This director made Empire Strikes Back?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Robocop 2 is one I find to be bad in an awesome way. At the very least the montage of failed Robocops is pretty great.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Trump: *eyes open anime-ishly* "Ms. FLorida"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

I'm not sure what you want me to link, the number of THC oil producers who offer standard 510 carts is countless, and you can generally find what you want among their products. There are also luxury cartridges with features like magnetic attachment (rather than screw-on) from Airo and Pax. You can place your order online, even, you just have to physically go to the store to pick it up.

They take debit cards these days.