Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Raskolnikov38 posted:

DEREK SMART'S DESKTOP COMMANDER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
big deal. i announced my presidential run on msn messenger

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

now that's a guy who's really respected in his industry

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

OctaMurk posted:

Elon Musk is a visionary leader, a brilliant innovator, and a daring entrepreneur. He has revolutionized the fields of aerospace, electric vehicles, renewable energy, and artificial intelligence. He has inspired millions of people with his bold ideas and ambitious goals. He has overcome countless challenges and setbacks with his resilience and perseverance. He is a role model for anyone who wants to make a positive impact on the world and the future of humanity.

So few understand this

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!

Spergin Morlock posted:

found it lol

this one is even better:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Musk 😡

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

derek smart derek smart derek smart

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress the police

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Spergin Morlock posted:

gently caress the police

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

derek smart derek smart derek smart
i kinda miss that crazy dude

not a whole lot of dsmart's remaining on the internet these days, for better or worse i guess

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
love to launch my presidential bid on an obscure audio only platform with no supporters present

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

i kinda miss that crazy dude

not a whole lot of dsmart's remaining on the internet these days, for better or worse i guess

Luckily you can get you dsmart fix at humanity's digital public square!

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1661145712858656768?s=20

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

trucutru posted:

Luckily you can get you dsmart fix at humanity's digital public square!

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1661145712858656768?s=20
maybe it's just me but twitter dsmart just isn't the same as forums or usenet dsmart. twitter main characters feel very boring and lack luster because twitter is mostly very boring. plus its just hard for anyone to main character on twitter when everyone else is also competing for the same syndrome to shove as many DSM V listings into their cerebral cortex as possible.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
yeah

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
derek smart is right

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
correct

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

didn’t occur to me that spaces will horrifically break tomorrow but it probably will right when DeSantis breaks into that high pitched squeal he has

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

derek smart is right

Prescott
May 16, 2023

I’m reading the Bible so I can teach the zombies about Heaven.
From The Herald/Review - Serving All Of Cochise County

On Religion: Elon Musk, the Babylon Bee and the teachings of Jesus
Jan 13, 2022 Updated Feb 18, 2023

At the end of each podcast, Babylon Bee leaders ask guests the same 10 questions, including this stumper: “Calvinist or Arminian?”

That caught Elon Musk by surprise, and he needed clarification on the difference between Arminian believers and persons from Armenia. After some background on Protestant history, he said: “My mind would say ‘determinism’ and my heart says ‘free will.’”

Why was the mastermind behind Tesla and SpaceX — a man worth $278 billion at the end of 2021 — talking to a Christian satire website? The answer: Musk has 69.7 million Twitter followers, and he frequently responds to them, even if it’s a U.S. senator questioning his taxes.

“You know, he engages with our content from time to time,” Bee CEO Seth Dillon told Fox News. After email exchanges about a meeting, Musk said: “Fly to me and we’ll do it.”

The result was 100-plus minutes of conversation in Austin, Texas, ranging from satire to science and from politics to pop culture. Topics included sustainable energy, superheroes (Musk would choose to be “Irony Man”), why entrepreneurs are fleeing California, the physics of reusable rockets, cyborgs, how “wokeness” threatens humor, CNN morality and the future of a planet near an expanding sun.

Musk discussed his journey from South Africa to America, including his days as a manual laborer while struggling to pay student loans. Then he dove into computer coding and online commerce, making millions of dollars that led to Tesla. The rest is history.

On celebrity websites, Musk is often described as an atheist or agnostic. Asked if he prays, Musk once replied: “I didn’t even pray when I almost died of malaria.” But after the success of the first manned Falcon rocket mission, Musk said in his public remarks: “You know, I’m not very religious, but I prayed for this one.”

In the Bee interview, Musk discussed his complex religious background, which included going to “Anglican Sunday school, the Church of England, basically. But I was also sent to Hebrew preschool, although I’m not Jewish. ... I was singing ‘Hava Nagila’ one day and ‘Jesus Our Lord’ the next.” Later, he had an “existential crisis,” read the Bible and other religious classics and concluded: “There’s a whole bunch of things in there they didn’t teach you in Sunday school.”

There was humor in these exchanges, along with serious questions, said Bee editor Kyle Mann, via email. After all, these podcasts have featured atheists, agnostics, “Christians of all stripes” and “everyone in between.”

This chance to “pick Elon Musk’s brain and get his thoughts on God, faith, religion and the Gospel was incredibly humbling,” said Mann. “You could certainly feel him searching and working through the eternal questions everyone has to encounter at some point: Does God exist, and what do you do with Jesus Christ?” Mann said the dialogue continued after the recording stopped.

In the podcast, creative director Ethan Nicolle did ask: “To make this ‘church,’ we’re wondering if you could do us a quick solid and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?”

After an awkward pause, and some laughter, Musk took the question seriously.

“There’s great wisdom in the teachings of Jesus, and I agree with those teachings. Things like ‘turn the other cheek’ are very important, as opposed to ‘an eye for an eye.’ An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind,” said Musk, paraphrasing a quote attributed to Mahatma Gandhi. Musk also quoted Albert Einstein, affirming belief in the “God of Spinoza,” in which the material universe is seen as an expression of God.

“Forgiveness, you know, is important and treating people as you would wish to be treated,” added Musk. “Love thy neighbor as thyself. Very important. ... But hey, if Jesus is saving people ... I won’t stand in his way. Sure, I’ll be saved. Why not?”

At the very end, Musk described his confusion as a 5-year-old, receiving Holy Communion without understanding what was happening and why. At that stage, he said, he was still asking basic Bible questions, “like how Jesus fed the crowd with five loaves and three fish. ... Where did the fish and the bread come from? ... Would you, like, take a bite and the bread would come back to being a full (loaf of) bread? ...

“They left out the details. ... I’m not saying that I know all the answers.”

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Prescott posted:

From The Herald/Review - Serving All Of Cochise County

On Religion: Elon Musk, the Babylon Bee and the teachings of Jesus
Jan 13, 2022 Updated Feb 18, 2023

At the end of each podcast, Babylon Bee leaders ask guests the same 10 questions, including this stumper: “Calvinist or Arminian?”

That caught Elon Musk by surprise, and he needed clarification on the difference between Arminian believers and persons from Armenia. After some background on Protestant history, he said: “My mind would say ‘determinism’ and my heart says ‘free will.’”

Why was the mastermind behind Tesla and SpaceX — a man worth $278 billion at the end of 2021 — talking to a Christian satire website? The answer: Musk has 69.7 million Twitter followers, and he frequently responds to them, even if it’s a U.S. senator questioning his taxes.

“You know, he engages with our content from time to time,” Bee CEO Seth Dillon told Fox News. After email exchanges about a meeting, Musk said: “Fly to me and we’ll do it.”

The result was 100-plus minutes of conversation in Austin, Texas, ranging from satire to science and from politics to pop culture. Topics included sustainable energy, superheroes (Musk would choose to be “Irony Man”), why entrepreneurs are fleeing California, the physics of reusable rockets, cyborgs, how “wokeness” threatens humor, CNN morality and the future of a planet near an expanding sun.

Musk discussed his journey from South Africa to America, including his days as a manual laborer while struggling to pay student loans. Then he dove into computer coding and online commerce, making millions of dollars that led to Tesla. The rest is history.

On celebrity websites, Musk is often described as an atheist or agnostic. Asked if he prays, Musk once replied: “I didn’t even pray when I almost died of malaria.” But after the success of the first manned Falcon rocket mission, Musk said in his public remarks: “You know, I’m not very religious, but I prayed for this one.”

In the Bee interview, Musk discussed his complex religious background, which included going to “Anglican Sunday school, the Church of England, basically. But I was also sent to Hebrew preschool, although I’m not Jewish. ... I was singing ‘Hava Nagila’ one day and ‘Jesus Our Lord’ the next.” Later, he had an “existential crisis,” read the Bible and other religious classics and concluded: “There’s a whole bunch of things in there they didn’t teach you in Sunday school.”

There was humor in these exchanges, along with serious questions, said Bee editor Kyle Mann, via email. After all, these podcasts have featured atheists, agnostics, “Christians of all stripes” and “everyone in between.”

This chance to “pick Elon Musk’s brain and get his thoughts on God, faith, religion and the Gospel was incredibly humbling,” said Mann. “You could certainly feel him searching and working through the eternal questions everyone has to encounter at some point: Does God exist, and what do you do with Jesus Christ?” Mann said the dialogue continued after the recording stopped.

In the podcast, creative director Ethan Nicolle did ask: “To make this ‘church,’ we’re wondering if you could do us a quick solid and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?”

After an awkward pause, and some laughter, Musk took the question seriously.

“There’s great wisdom in the teachings of Jesus, and I agree with those teachings. Things like ‘turn the other cheek’ are very important, as opposed to ‘an eye for an eye.’ An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind,” said Musk, paraphrasing a quote attributed to Mahatma Gandhi. Musk also quoted Albert Einstein, affirming belief in the “God of Spinoza,” in which the material universe is seen as an expression of God.

“Forgiveness, you know, is important and treating people as you would wish to be treated,” added Musk. “Love thy neighbor as thyself. Very important. ... But hey, if Jesus is saving people ... I won’t stand in his way. Sure, I’ll be saved. Why not?”

At the very end, Musk described his confusion as a 5-year-old, receiving Holy Communion without understanding what was happening and why. At that stage, he said, he was still asking basic Bible questions, “like how Jesus fed the crowd with five loaves and three fish. ... Where did the fish and the bread come from? ... Would you, like, take a bite and the bread would come back to being a full (loaf of) bread? ...

“They left out the details. ... I’m not saying that I know all the answers.”

Concerning

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
your deep voice is making my legs gelatinous, sir. loving the pause, waiting for the bass to hit.

Prescott
May 16, 2023

I’m reading the Bible so I can teach the zombies about Heaven.
[In full confidence my existence ends with my material death] I won’t care.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
His wits are dimmed!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
what up what up, I’m in the ER and they think I have an abscess

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Consummate Professional posted:

Tell them you’re allergic to all pain meds and can only have ketamine.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Tell them you’re allergic to all pain meds and can only have ketamine.

I can’t have any opioids cause if a drug interaction, so maybe!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Hmmmm, wonder what friends Elon and the Dersh have in common. :iiam:

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

wow that is not good. hope you heal up uneventfully.

also, have you thought about posting your experience to Twitter? You can upload video up to two hours long now. Gross medical pictures that would make someone vomit? Monetize it, using the new subscription feAtures.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

DeeplyConcerned posted:

wow that is not good. hope you heal up uneventfully.

also, have you thought about posting your experience to Twitter? You can upload video up to two hours long now. Gross medical pictures that would make someone vomit? Monetize it, using the new subscription feAtures.

interesting

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Feel better come home to us safe.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Given the range of Epstein's clients and billionaires' general penchant for noncery, it's a marvel that Soros isn't on Epstein's list.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

All this bitching is because Soros sold his stake in Tesla, right?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

concerning

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

didn’t occur to me that spaces will horrifically break tomorrow but it probably will right when DeSantis breaks into that high pitched squeal he has

The 2023 Dean Scream

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I never bought shares of tesla. Biggest mistake of my life.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!

idk i think israel has done alot more than george soros on that

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CubanMissile posted:

Hmmmm, wonder what friends Elon and the Dersh have in common. :iiam:

Derek Smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

OctaMurk posted:

Elon Musk is a visionary leader, a brilliant innovator, and a daring entrepreneur. He has revolutionized the fields of aerospace, electric vehicles, renewable energy, and artificial intelligence. He has inspired millions of people with his bold ideas and ambitious goals. He has overcome countless challenges and setbacks with his resilience and perseverance. He is a role model for anyone who wants to make a positive impact on the world and the future of humanity.

This.