Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

[standing over the river, poking the static carpet of decomposing lead-filled fish with a stick] tsk. my taxes better not go up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

There will be png's here at some point, right?
I don't have any :(

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
A thousand words are worth a .png

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Same. My father’s parents were real old and died in their 80s in the late 90s. I’ll never forget grandma trapping chipmunks in her garden and decapitating them with a kitchen knife as my sister and cousins and I looked on in terror

meat+ the vegetables they didn't eat, gramma was sly

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The Demilich posted:

ok to be topical here's a picture of a river on fire, something that used to happen all the time

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

The Demilich posted:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The graphic of the guy about to eat an entire, whole fish on the end of a fork is pretty great ngl

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Part of the problem is that a central tenet of American culture since the very beginning is that we have a god-given duty to subdue the environment.

"God gave us this land because the Indians weren't using it. The environmentalists worship Gaia. They do not understand God is soon going to make a new Heaven and a new Earth."

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

The Demilich posted:

I called in some favors and got you a picture of a lake full of pig poo poo:

It’s a jpeg though, sorry.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

anecdotal, but from living in a variety of backwoods shitholes across a number of different states: lmao naw

even Rich Mountain People in colorado basically turn into captain planet villains the second they cross their property line, and the depth of their ecological concern within it is usually limited to "where do we put the hot tub"

Rich mountain people arent people that depend on the land, another poster mentioned it but it really died off hard from mainstream in the 80s but old guys are still out there doing what they can and impressing this attitude on younger people as they can.i

I grew up in literally frontier country poor as poo poo so I have a pretty good idea of rural backwoods America and there will, like in any thing, be loud obnoxious people that are few but give everyone else a bad name via their behavior attitude etc.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

cat botherer posted:

I called in some favors and got you a picture of a lake full of pig poo poo:

It’s a jpeg though, sorry.

Great, what horror is this

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BrotherJayne posted:

It's a lake full of pig poo poo. Although, I have to say, I imagine there is also some water in it.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

BrotherJayne posted:

what part of “lake full of pig poo poo” do you not understand???

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Centrist Committee posted:

what part of “lake full of pig poo poo” do you not understand???

Some people aren't aware of what industrial farming can do. Like maybe they thought this was an accident.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ranter posted:

Some people aren't aware of what industrial farming can do. Like maybe they thought this was an accident.

i'm calling the exorcist

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Ranter posted:

Isn't that a pig farm that flooded? Or am I looking at it wrong? Like, I know the poo poo has to go somewhere but in this case it looks like the lake came to the poo poo.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Shame Boy posted:

The graphic of the guy about to eat an entire, whole fish on the end of a fork is pretty great ngl

if u can think of a better way to fish than "stab a fork wildly into the river until u spear lunch with it" id like to hear it

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

blatman posted:

if u can think of a better way to fish than "stab a fork wildly into the river until u spear lunch with it" id like to hear it

Have you heard of the second amendment

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

blatman posted:

I mean it's easy when they're all piled up along the riverbank for some reason.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

McCracAttack posted:

Isn't that a pig farm that flooded? Or am I looking at it wrong? Like, I know the poo poo has to go somewhere but in this case it looks like the lake came to the poo poo.
I think that one got flooded. For whatever godforsaken reason, these farms are heavily concentrated on the low-lying coastal land from Delmarva Peninsula on down, so of course they get flooded like crazy every time there's a hurricane. Normally they're supposed to look like this:

Lots of people die from falling in these and getting overcome by fumes!

Fun fact: the Clean Water Act only really deals with point sources of pollution, not non-point sources like runoff, so industrial farming like this just loving ruins water quality and nothing can really be done about it. Chicken farms are why the Chesapeake is a giant gross dead zone.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

cat botherer posted:

I think that one got flooded. For whatever godforsaken reason, these farms are heavily concentrated on the low-lying coastal land from Delmarva Peninsula on down, so of course they get flooded like crazy every time there's a hurricane. Normally they're supposed to look like this:

Lots of people die from falling in these and getting overcome by fumes!

Fun fact: the Clean Water Act only really deals with point sources of pollution, not non-point sources like runoff, so industrial farming like this just loving ruins water quality and nothing can really be done about it. Chicken farms are why the Chesapeake is a giant gross dead zone.

so you mean getting flooded cleans out the pond at no further expense?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Those poop lakes are a big improvement over past practices.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

bedpan posted:

so you mean getting flooded cleans out the pond at no further expense?
And climate change is even going to bring bigger cost-savings here.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ranter posted:

smh I can’t even imagine living this high on the hog :haw:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

smh I can’t even imagine living this high on the hog :haw:
Smell the fumes from those ponds and you can get very high on the hog.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
that's it. i'm cancelling comrade nixon at the next DSA polycule meeting

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he looks really old for 45

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

He doesn't LOOK young. He looks middle-aged and sick.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Look it that vein poppin out, golly

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

He should do a shirtless pale-off with Musk.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

iirc, peter thiel is also into blood transfusions as secret to eternal life

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

bedpan posted:

iirc, peter thiel is also into blood transfusions as secret to eternal life

A lot of them do, most just don't talk about it like Thiel or this psycho. There's at least one startup whose sole purpose is harvesting blood from young people and transfusing it into techbros who piss themselves at the thought of their own mortality.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah it loving rules that there are so many grifters convincing middleaged dudes they're gonna stay 20 forever -while they're just in decent shape for their age.
It's a shame we've got so many others telling them they'll have Elysium space stations or upload their brain to the cloud. Otherwise we could probably convince these dumb psychopaths that saving the environment is in their enlightened self interest. Only a rube who is gonna die would trade a habitable planet for a quarter of profits

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah it loving rules that there are so many grifters convincing middleaged dudes they're gonna stay 20 forever -while they're just in decent shape for their age.
It's a shame we've got so many others telling them they'll have Elysium space stations or upload their brain to the cloud. Otherwise we could probably convince these dumb psychopaths that saving the environment is in their enlightened self interest. Only a rube who is gonna die would trade a habitable planet for a quarter of profits

I can't remember the thread but a while ago someone talked about the most likely space future being one where it is the everyone else who gets sent to live on the space station or whatever and staying on earth is what the ultra rich do. space really sucks.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
also that dude is wearing makeup, has thinning hair (and most likely plugs) that photo shoot absolutely be his reckoning where he realizes this is bunk, but he's got someone whispering in his ear "wow it's like looking at a photo of twin teenagers!"

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

bedpan posted:

I can't remember the thread but a while ago someone talked about the most likely space future being one where it is the everyone else who gets sent to live on the space station or whatever and staying on earth is what the ultra rich do. space really sucks.

it's gundam, then

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Azathoth posted:

A lot of them do, most just don't talk about it like Thiel or this psycho. There's at least one startup whose sole purpose is harvesting blood from young people and transfusing it into techbros who piss themselves at the thought of their own mortality.

I was at a bbq once where one of the guests worked at a startup that made custom chemical cocktails for private clients, it was really creepy and weird

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mad max fury road is a documentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

I was at a bbq once where one of the guests worked at a startup that made custom chemical cocktails for private clients, it was really creepy and weird

If it makes you feel any better I can almost guarantee those chemicals are poisoning the folks taking them. So many of these startups are run by techbros and disruptors who don't let silly things like CGMPs stop them.

I've been updating an endocrine disruptor flag system at a big chemical distributor and it's loving bleak how many customers are refusing to comply with "Hey the EPA says you can't use the following chemicals in ways that would poison people/the environment. We sell you chemicals that could. Please sign here to acknowledge we have informed you."

One weird trick: Cover your eyes as you pass the posted speed limit and the cop can't give you a ticket! Regulators hate it!