Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

OUTLAST, MY BELOVED

AND SHE BROUGHT HER BEAUTIFUL TWIN SISTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The best raid deserves the best guns

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Interesting that the taken guns are craftable but their reckoning twins are not. Seasonal but no pattern is not something I love (but I also wouldn't want to have to chase 12x patterns + they kinda look like they're bad)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

this might be the best batch of weapons ever added to the game. holy poo poo.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Now that's gotta be an oopsy, right?

hahahahaha yess pretty soon hey wont even let us log in

::unsmigghh:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

life_source posted:

hahahahaha yess pretty soon hey wont even let us log in

::unsmigghh:

You don't get fishing. Wrap it up freeailures. :smug:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Wait....

Why is fishing labeled "seasonal?"

:smith:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Wait....

Why is fishing labeled "seasonal?"

:smith:

you'll get fishing for 3/4ths of the year and you'll like it!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

More shaders in the eververse bundles zzzzzzz

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
there's no way the fishing minigame is good enough to justify sticking around

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Just un-sunset the Spare Rations rolls I kept in my vault, plz.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

age old bond on gyrfalcons is going to be _insane_

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Who’s ready for PvP to get even worse?

https://twitter.com/cuwursed/status/1661125042544017410?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Strike Force does not give the new exotics :(

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

haveblue posted:

I don't know if it's actually any good but I loving love the HC's name, "Nation of Beasts"

It's quite good and it looks/sounds fantastic. One of my favorite handcannons in the game and I don't even have a godroll (just a near-godroll)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Who’s ready for PvP to get even worse?

I swear to loving god if this gets nerfed to poo poo in PVE I'm gonna be so mad. This is exactly the poo poo I wanted.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Destiny 2 Lightfall: Hell yeah, I just caught a purple fish

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A game in which we learn of paracausal fish. A good game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Ohhhhh?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Deactivate Public Events so that I might never be interrupted from my fishing ever again, TIA

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

YeeeeEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

PathAsc posted:

YeeeeEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It adds vorpal: https://www.light.gg/db/items/1234111636/malfeasance-catalyst/

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

grandmaster fishing when

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Destiny 2 Lightfall: A game in which we learn of paracausal fish

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

witness? no, wetness

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Paracasual

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Destiny 2 Lightfall: Last Wishin' I Was Fishin'

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Guardian
I
Love
Fish

I have such an annoying issue blocking me from fully getting into Strand Hunter. I want to take advantage of the Grapple Melee, because it's pretty strong and it's what the class is based around. But specifically on Hunter, the charged melee prioritizes over the Grapple Melee, making it extremely inconsistent and difficult to use. You have three choices to get around this.

1) Just dump your melee before you grapple every time, but this is super unreliable, especially because Threaded Spike's gimmick is that if you're using it right, you can have really high uptime on it. And it's intentionally wasting what is, post-buff, a pretty good melee.
2) Bind uncharged melee to something else, like the d-pad (this is the only spot I could find on my controller that wasn't taken up by something gameplay relevant, rip one of my emotes). This works pretty well in PvE, you just have to get the muscle memory that charged melee and uncharged melee are different buttons and this will pretty much never interfere with your builds from other subclasses. What it WILL do is totally gently caress you up in PvP, because you have muscle memory going all the way back to loving Halo 3 in loving 2007 that if another player is getting in your face, you slam that right bumper to punch them, and this will now do all of nothing and will lose you winnable (or at least tradeable) fights in PvP.
3) Unbind both charged and uncharged melee and just use auto-melee. This will prioritize Grapple Melee when you can activate it, and it will keep things working in PvP as well. But whenever you switch to a Solar loadout, your throwing knives are gonna become extremely loving finicky and just won't throw if you're close enough to an enemy, which can completely destabilize your gameplay loop.

Or, I guess, 4) Do 3, but just re-bind the melees when you switch to a solar subclass but that's like.....five whole button presses. :effort:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Posters on Reddit are saying to hold off on focusing exotic engrams from Rahool. Exotics aren't guaranteed to drop at around 65 despite what bungie said recently. A few said they got 55 stats :whitewater:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

with zero upgrades to my vendor i'm pulling poo poo like this from focusing armor

i have not gotten a single roll under 62 so far

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Little disappointed the re-issued reckoning weapons aren't craftable. Big boo. Makes me afraid that if they re-issue black armory guns they'll suffer a similar fate.

I do like how the Deep/Taken versions of the Reckoning weapons are all "mirrored" - going from slot 1 to slot 2 or visa versa. (Also all different archetypes.)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1661098207869571074?s=20

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it's extremely funny to me that they used an old picture for that. you can tell because drifter's Trust has had a red band on the handle for at least two years

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Little disappointed the re-issued reckoning weapons aren't craftable. Big boo. Makes me afraid that if they re-issue black armory guns they'll suffer a similar fate.

Really hoping they pull through with their states intention that all non-crafted weapons will be enhanceable/semi-crafted like RoN Adepts. Honestly I like a lot of RNG guns more than crafted ones, so that would be perfect imo.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Turkey Farts posted:

grandmaster fishing when

Master Baiter title when

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Veil mission was not good content or story telling

Fishing is chill

Salvage and deep dive are fine

Good to see titan again although it feels very under utilized so far. Obviously this is just week 1 but I can't imagine they'll drop a Patrol Area on us in a future week

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
It's literally day one but based on this way-too-early judgement this season feels on par with Seraph, quality-wise, so that's good. Some very fun story developments seem to be leaking, though.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The Veil mission was not good content or story telling

God drat they really wrote themselves into a corner on this. Such obvious backpedaling and desperate exposition dumping, followed by "I forgot to get you anything for Christmas so here's an aspect I picked up at the gas station on the way here"

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

MJeff posted:

Guardian
I
Love
Fish

Thanks to brokebrain I automatically read this the first time in a very emphatic Zavala voice.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Red String of Fate and Aim to Misbehave ornaments are supposed to be up for dust this season too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Thanks to brokebrain I automatically read this the first time in a very emphatic Zavala voice.

They could change every npc voiceline to this and I'd be happy