Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

It's cool that we're just a matter of hours away from Sony using an entire hour to finally announce Bloodborne's PS5 patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

fridge corn posted:

It's Wednesday my dudes

It's loving wild that they took a year off and here we are.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope there’s no Bloodborne remake, a remaster with a light graphical pass is all it needs

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

hatty posted:

I hope there’s no Bloodborne remake, a remaster with a light graphical pass is all it needs

I’d be happy with a higher resolution and frame rate.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I want it fully remade in a chibi artstyle.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
I have loving choice paralysis regarding video games now, like, how the gently caress do people find the time to play everything? When I was growing up there were just enough AAA titles to keep up with. Now I can't decide if I should play the new GoW, the new Horizon, Dying Light 2, etc. There's so much stuff on sale that I feel like I have every game; but since they're digital and not tangible assets I just put them aside.

If I was starting the souls series from scratch, where would you guys recommend? I bought Elden Ring and put it away because I didn't know what to do. I usually stick to one competitive FPS but I've been enjoying single player games again.

Also, I built a new PC with a 3080 and the latest i9 processor - should I always buy games on PC instead of PS5 when the option is there? I will say RDR2 and Cyberpunk look incredible in 1440p maxed out with ray tracing and everything. Is my PS5 basically just for exclusive titles in terms of power now?

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

fridge corn posted:

It's Wednesday my dudes

Hell yeah

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

hatty posted:

Same. Also i hope its just a mgs remaster collection (no ps1, just twin snakes upressed) and no mgs3 remake because that would be realy funny (or nothing at all, death to leak industry)

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Also cannot wait to see another 8 min trailer from mr hideo kojima

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There will not be a Bloodborne remaster, or remake ever. It's not going to happen. None of the rumors have been even remotely true, and it's going to remain that way today as well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
no but THIS time he posts some baseless rumour that even 4chan says is bullshit, it's HAPPENING!!!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

If I was starting the souls series from scratch, where would you guys recommend?

Bloodborne, no question

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Dreaming of the full moon tonight... beasts... souls... points made of blue...

The roman number... II

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Instant Grat posted:

Bloodborne, no question

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Regardless of what you may believe in your heart, goons are always wrong, so your duty is to loudly proclaim that they will never update Bloodborne, and so compel the irony gods (who are all-powerful, but also easily-tricked) to make it happen

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

syphon filter tv series in the vein of 24

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

It's Wednesday my dudes

:woop:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

It's loving wild that they took a year off and here we are.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Hope we get a looke at Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice Leafue

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Like people have said before they probably won’t ever remaster Bloodborne so that a full remake a while down the line will be more enticing

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bloodborne remake but it has RNG frame rate if you have even dial-up Internet.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Bloodborne 2 but it’s developed by the guys who made that awful anime vampire soulslike.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Code Vein was good actually

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I dunno, I hear that the last area is like fantastically terrible to navigate and look at and not in a Blightown manner.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Dreaming of the full moon tonight... beasts... souls... points made of blue...

The roman number... II

???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wruxn2YfhA

???

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
FRACTIONS

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I dunno, I hear that the last area is like fantastically terrible to navigate and look at and not in a Blightown manner.

Nah the worst area is the cathedral which is a hedge maze that looks vaguely like anor londo

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
https://twitter.com/Microids_off/status/1661042500079955971?t=kDBpEV8cghTBrerWKECIdA&s=19

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

kirbysuperstar posted:

Code Vein was good actually

Really terrible DLC though. Just dogshit

I did literally every single challenge in all 3 of them so I can say that with authority

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

Really terrible DLC though. Just dogshit

I did literally every single challenge in all 3 of them so I can say that with authority

yeah I looked at it because I wanted to play more and, yeah..

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

I have loving choice paralysis regarding video games now, like, how the gently caress do people find the time to play everything? When I was growing up there were just enough AAA titles to keep up with. Now I can't decide if I should play the new GoW, the new Horizon, Dying Light 2, etc. There's so much stuff on sale that I feel like I have every game; but since they're digital and not tangible assets I just put them aside.

If I was starting the souls series from scratch, where would you guys recommend? I bought Elden Ring and put it away because I didn't know what to do. I usually stick to one competitive FPS but I've been enjoying single player games again.

Also, I built a new PC with a 3080 and the latest i9 processor - should I always buy games on PC instead of PS5 when the option is there? I will say RDR2 and Cyberpunk look incredible in 1440p maxed out with ray tracing and everything. Is my PS5 basically just for exclusive titles in terms of power now?

Choice paralysis is real and nasty, I've mostly gotten over it by just deciding to focus on a single game until I'm done with it (either through completion or not wanting to play it any more) then moving to the next thing. Also don't install everything you have, only keep installed what you're actually playing so you're not constantly game hopping.

As for the PC thing, buy games where they're cheapest and where you prefer playing them. Like I want to play Spiderman on my sofa on my big TV so I got it on PS5, if I ever got Cyberpunk I'd want to crank all the graphics so I'd get it on PC. You just have to decide on a game by game basis.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

#ItIsTime

#BowelMovement

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
We gotta be seeing shadow of erdtree tonight, right. The start of k3...

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

kirbysuperstar posted:

yeah I looked at it because I wanted to play more and, yeah..

Code Vein is weird. I had fun playing it, the build variety is hella, and the way class-switching works is really fun. Combat in the game is a solid B+. That part works super well. There's not much exploration to speak of, though, apart from repeatedly getting lost in the buckwild Anor Londo hedge maze you mentioned, where the verticality makes your minimap completely useless. The only trick any of the other areas have is "we hid a ledge you can land on below the edge of this cliff".

Also, apart from the Chalice Dungeon Lite-areas, there's literally only one optional level and accompanying boss in the game. And a) you really wanna do it because it gives you the best blood code in the game, and b) both the area and the boss come back in a slightly altered state as mandatory endgame areas anyway.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I really need to do a second playthrough with a gun focus some time, I mostly went with 2handers and a massive amount of strength and that was pretty good except the duo boss who were only later outdone in shittiness when it comes to duo bosses by the massive pale chode and his thin friend in Elden Ring

oh and also because I missed like one memory and thus got the not so great ending lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Hoping for Death Stranding 2, elden ring dlc, days gone 2, spider-man 2, fortnite new season teaser, or a new good looking IP

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Fortbite cancelled and banned trailer is already confirmed.

Could be the night of cerny... the knight of knack

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
8 hours remain

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Hmm im gonna miss it if its on at 9 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU