Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Escape From Noise posted:

Is...is this parody? I may be too high for this.
look out world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
When it comes to Nathen, the answer to that question is always "no".

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

When it comes to Nathen, the answer to that question is always "no".

You're doing my head in

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
My guess is he's doing some art gallery based around cereal boxes. Trying to say something something processed foods bad.

Garfield Eats: Processed food is meant to be played with, not to be eaten

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

There are some really awkward moments of Nathen shoehorning Garfield Eats into the narratives.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It's just Nathen high on his own farts again. He has always acted like GarfieldEats was some huge, earthshaking innovative concept that was before its time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Frank Frank posted:

Please note that all typos are intentional. The same weird uplifting, new-agey music plays in the background through all of these as far as I can tell:

Video 1:

"It's been almost a year since I disconnected from social media"
(posted to instagram)
"...and I left behind toxicity of humanity. I found my calling with a higher power, and honestly, I met my prophet who enlighted me in my dreams. I woke up with so much tears, crying like a big baby from the deep end of my heart. I felt so much light, happiness, joy - what one man in one minute did filled me with just sheer joy and completely shifted my perspective on life. I don't expect people to understand what has been happening to me"
(boy howdy, we do not)
"...but the truth has been revealed to me. My journey as a Muslim has been about revisiting myself as a pure human before all my sins. I needed to ask myself, 'Who was I really? What did I love?'

Ok so 11:11 was the title of this and not the length of the video. Thank god.

Video 2:

"All of my hobbies other than nightlife sex and money. What happened to me at 19 years old. I lost myself to find myself. For the past 6 months I have returned to what I love; (Nathen chuckles) cereal boxes and coloring (:psyduck:). I want to raise awareness about the big lie that we live in, and especially what we put in our bodies in the morning. My art symbolizes clean labeling ingredients and I've always loved repurposing things. Just look at what I did with GarfieldEats pizza boxes. I turned them into comic strips and plates. I want to invite you all to my gallery where the new me will meet you, greet you and have so much fun. I missed you all but I really needed this time away. Hollywood licensing really affected me (???) and there's so much you just don't know. I can't wait to tell you all soon. One gallery at a time"

Proposed thread title:
GarfieldEats: I have returned to what I love; cereal boxes and coloring.

I would really love for him to explain how he disconnected from social media a year ago.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

MassRafTer posted:

I would really love for him to explain how he disconnected from social media a year ago.

Maybe he'll post on social media about it?

Also there's no way he has the rights to the Matrix, very timely reference though since now there are people who have no idea what the movie the Matrix is.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Very normal.

And, keeping in line with his artistic, soft-spoken, anti-consumerist posts:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
So this is just a thread for an ongoing unhealthy obsession with a guy who is clearly suffering from untreated mental illness now huh

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

So this is just a thread for an ongoing unhealthy obsession with a guy who is clearly suffering from untreated mental illness now huh

No it's a thread for laughing at the dumb ego-fueled publicity stunts of a dude with more money than sense. It's pretty obvious to me this is just him doing some self-promoting art gallery because he failed as an actor and as a restaurant owner so may as well be an artist!

I sincerely don't think he has any major mental illness beyond an inflated ego. A lot of his wording is very odd, but English isn't his first language and he thinks too highly of his own thoughts to hire an editor / proofreader. I think he had a fairly mundane refinding of his religion, but he's the most important brand guru ever so he treats it like some grand revelation from god. Sure he could probably use some therapy but like, so could pretty much everybody.

He's funny because he has zero sense of self-awareness and so much money that he can just try and fail over and over again without ever having to learn or be challenged on any real level.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Because of course Nath has a Garfield orange leather interior in his car.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Nathen never stops

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Nathen not understanding what farm to table means and slapping that label on his frozen scooby doo meats still drives me up the wall

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Nathen not understanding what farm to table means and slapping that label on his frozen scooby doo meats still drives me up the wall

Nathen is using the words for branding not for semantic meaning.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

nathen thinks that you, the consumer, are basically the stupidest possible thing on the planet (dumber than mud, for example). you need help doing any basic task, such as purchasing licensed materials, or eating licensed food. you CANNOT be trusted to do it on your own because you WILL inevitably get tricked by people into buying fake food and fake licensed materials. egeez will of course help you by proving you a non-state sponsored list of things you can buy at premium rates, eliminating the #1 thing all consumers hate: purchasing power.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

also he fuckin sucks

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Farm 2 Plate is my favorite of the lost nathenisms I think. Boy I hope that he gets the rights to sell smurf branded lunchables sooner rather than later, he's fallen in with a really tough crowd.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I wonder if he finally got told egeez was a dumb loving idea that would never work and that's why he took a "year long" social media break (seriously how the gently caress does this man experience time)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I sincerely wanted to travel to the Garfield pizza restaurant but poo poo happened (pandemic)

I sincerely want to un-bookmark this thread but I know Ill want to catch up at some point again and there will be 500 posts. I cant subject future self to reading all of those at once

everdave fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 23, 2023

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I wonder if he finally got told egeez was a dumb loving idea that would never work and that's why he took a "year long" social media break (seriously how the gently caress does this man experience time)

With the wonders of drugs time is an illusion

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Basically yes please close it

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

You're so gloriously incorrect, and the fact that you're the one who started this thread in the first place is hilarious.

Anyway, I saw the new thread title and thought, I wonder what nonsense that was paraphrased from. Imagine my delight that it's a direct quote. Also, absolutely loving the GarfieldEATS song over the end of "The Matrix"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I dont think Nathen is mentally ill unless you count narcissism or delusions of grandeur

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Frank Frank posted:

I don’t think Nathen is mentally ill unless you count narcissism or delusions of grandeur

Technically those are mental illnesses but we had a huge thread on Timecube guy a few times and that dude has a more problematic mental illness of which Nathen can't compare

This guy's just a rich failson who keeps failing

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nathen is just a weirdo with almost unlimited money to make all of his weird-rear end ideas come true. Hes essentially GOB Bluth.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄  ̄)づ♥(∀●)

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Because of course Nath has a Garfield orange leather interior in his car.

you think it was farm-to-table?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Powerful Katrinka posted:

You're so gloriously incorrect, and the fact that you're the one who started this thread in the first place is hilarious.

Hmmm, interesting that the thread you created four years ago has metastasized into something completely unlike what you originally intended due to the obsessive weirdos posting in it. Hilarious! :smug:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Am I going to die in seven days from watching these :ohdear:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Am I going to die in seven days from watching these :ohdear:

No, but you're going to want to color some cereal boxes maybe.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Futanari Damacy posted:

Hmmm, interesting that the thread you created four years ago has metastasized into something completely unlike what you originally intended due to the obsessive weirdos posting in it it's about. Hilarious! :smug:

Ftfy.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I'll say it, I'm fascinated with how his brain is broken so precisely by capitalism and brands and branding and licensing and authenticity and the image of entrepreneurship and basic-rear end white label poo poo. If Trump is the poor man's idea of a rich man, Nathen is a poor kid's idea of a rich man. And there doesn't look to be any end in sight- my read from following the thread is that he's not in any danger of being financially cut off or anything. He's beat-for-beat obnoxious like any other instagram trust fund kid but rather than be bog standard bougie he is also showing us that his resources, relationships, and ability to communicate all mean nothing or are poo poo because he puts out something like Nathfield junk and it's staggering how any of us could do better with the barest effort and a tenth of the funds with the exact same subject matter.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Futanari Damacy posted:

Hmmm, interesting that the thread you created four years ago has metastasized into something completely unlike what you originally intended due to the obsessive weirdos posting in it. Hilarious! :smug:

How has the thread changed?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

im saint germain posted:

How has the thread changed?

Duhhh it was originally about a restaurant, which at this point has been closed for years? Now its just obsessively following a mans obvious descent into mental illness with no quarter given? Sound about right?

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Futanari Damacy posted:

Duhhh it was originally about a restaurant, which at this point has been closed for years? Now its just obsessively following a mans obvious descent into mental illness with no quarter given? Sound about right?

I wouldn't know; I can't read

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Futanari Damacy posted:

The map is not the territory.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Futanari Damacy posted:

I bet youre fun at parties.

I can only assume that you are a clinician with many years of experience at diagnosis at a distance? Because not being a medical doctor, I just see a self-obsessed idiot who wishes he wasnt such a gently caress-up but isnt prepared to put in any actual work beyond making Instagram videos as a shortcut to fame.

Not everything is a medical condition, some people are just weird.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
This is a teachable moment so Ill actually put some effort into this. I was going to say the deterioration of this thread closely follows that of the Doobies Doghouse saga save for a few key details that actually make it a far less favourable comparison.

Before anyone says what do these two things have to do with each other? Nobody is making this comparison except you, etc. - beyond merely the subject matter, the overlap of who posts regularly on both topics is not just noticeable, but highly relevant.

From the beginning, Doobie had a direct and inseparable connection with SA; in fact he wouldnt have had a hot dog stand without it. Nathen Mazri has no connection to Something Awful whatsoever- the only SA relevant to his life is Saudi Arabia (which seems to have genuinely hosed up his development as a person vs being something to laugh at).

Doobie was a bad businessman as Nathen is but this is pretty much where the similarities end. GarfieldEATS (and ScoobyEATS), Egeez, Nathfield, NFTs for IP he didnt even own, etc. are ridiculous ideas, but its the ideas that were making fun of there. Teeing off on his weird personal interests that have no impact on anyone but him is veering off the Doobie track into Chris Chan territory; just admit hes a lolcow to you regardless of if what he does has any positive intentionality behind it. You are going to make fun of him, obsessively, whatever he chooses to do- whether its funny or not. Personally, Im for funny- or at least trying to make sense of his strange business ventures, which admittedly takes us to some funny places.

Doobie called peoples employers in an attempt to get them fired; Nathen @s celebrities who have no idea who he is, and he has no impact on their potential employment or success. Him essentially being fired/C&Dd by Viacom is pretty much the inverse of that and should just about be the conclusion of the saga (until his next failed business venture, anyway).

Doobie was profoundly homophobic and whatever religious bent he had did not inspire love in him for others. Compare this to Nathen, a young man clearly struggling with his sexual identity and whose most recent hilarious wacky escapade seems to be figuring out his place within his chosen religion, in a way that is not harmful to others, and reconciling those religious beliefs with the reality being a gay man- not an easy circle to square, rich failson or not.

So why are we still talking about this guy? He doesnt have a goofy business to make fun of, isnt interacting with the site in any way (as Doobie did antagonistically for years after his business rightly failed), isnt hurting anyone (unless you consider dumping old Garfield books an Act of Harm), is trying to find himself as he ages gracelessly out of a youth he thought would last forever- and most importantly is clearly not in a right frame of mind (as opposed to an Alabama sewer man just sticking to his lovely beliefs and prejudices and refusing to evolve his mind- Doobie never wrote a book on evolving from thinking species to feeling species- or was it the other way round?). Making fun of the guy for liking cereal boxes and colouring, you may as well make fun of autistic people who love trains (though I doubt anyone posting itt is that self-loathing).

Given that Nathen Mazri has so little in common with Doobie it would seem strange to devote the same effort to obsessively following his doings and trying to conjure up a few cheap laughs at his expense. Theres still a Doobie thread here in GBS ten years later despite the well of rubbernecking content long since having dried up, and so it will be with this too until the topic (gawking at a mentally ill mans social media posts) is kindly put to bed.

Tl;dr :gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Futanari Damacy posted:

This is a teachable moment so I’ll actually put some effort into this. I was going to say the deterioration of this thread closely follows that of the Doobie’s Doghouse saga save for a few key details that actually make it a far less favourable comparison.

Before anyone says “what do these two things have to do with each other? Nobody is making this comparison except you, etc.” - beyond merely the subject matter, the overlap of who posts regularly on both topics is not just noticeable, but highly relevant.

From the beginning, Doobie had a direct and inseparable connection with SA; in fact he wouldn’t have had a hot dog stand without it. Nathen Mazri has no connection to Something Awful whatsoever- the only SA relevant to his life is Saudi Arabia (which seems to have genuinely hosed up his development as a person vs being something to laugh at).

Doobie was a bad businessman as Nathen is but this is pretty much where the similarities end. GarfieldEATS (and ScoobyEATS), Egeez, Nathfield, NFTs for IP he didn’t even own, etc. are ridiculous ideas, but it’s the ideas that we’re making fun of there. Teeing off on his weird personal interests that have no impact on anyone but him is veering off the Doobie track into Chris Chan territory; just admit he’s a lolcow to you regardless of if what he does has any positive intentionality behind it. You are going to make fun of him, obsessively, whatever he chooses to do- whether it’s funny or not. Personally, I’m for funny- or at least trying to make sense of his strange business ventures, which admittedly takes us to some funny places.

Doobie called people’s employers in an attempt to get them fired; Nathen @s celebrities who have no idea who he is, and he has no impact on their potential employment or success. Him essentially being fired/C&D’d by Viacom is pretty much the inverse of that and should just about be the conclusion of the saga (until his next failed business venture, anyway).

Doobie was profoundly homophobic and whatever religious bent he had did not inspire love in him for others. Compare this to Nathen, a young man clearly struggling with his sexual identity and whose most recent hilarious wacky escapade seems to be figuring out his place within his chosen religion, in a way that is not harmful to others, and reconciling those religious beliefs with the reality being a gay man- not an easy circle to square, rich failson or not.

So why are we still talking about this guy? He doesn’t have a goofy business to make fun of, isn’t interacting with the site in any way (as Doobie did antagonistically for years after his business rightly failed), isn’t hurting anyone (unless you consider dumping old Garfield books an Act of Harm), is trying to find himself as he ages gracelessly out of a youth he thought would last forever- and most importantly is clearly not in a right frame of mind (as opposed to an Alabama sewer man just sticking to his lovely beliefs and prejudices and refusing to evolve his amind- Doobie never wrote a book on evolving from thinking species to feeling species- or was it the other way round?). Making fun of the guy for liking cereal boxes and colouring, you may as well make fun of autistic people who love trains (though I doubt anyone posting itt is that self-loathing).

Given that Nathen Mazri has so little in common with Doobie it would seem strange to devote the same effort to obsessively following his doings and trying to conjure up a few cheap laughs at his expense. There’s still a Doobie thread here in GBS ten years later despite the well of rubbernecking content long since having dried up, and so it will be with this too until the “topic” (gawking at a mentally ill man’s social media posts) is kindly put to bed.

Tl;dr :gas:

Ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I mean it's not wrong. It's certainly a kiwifarm -esque thread.