Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I mean it's not wrong. It's certainly a kiwifarm -esque thread.

Hardly. Nobody ITT is actually trying to gently caress with the dude IRL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Yeah, except for the goon ordering the lasagna, people joining his weird discords..Sure.

It's totally not a slippery weird stalky slope. It was fun while the guy had a weird restaurant..now he's just a mentally ill failson, and while I think that's inherently funny, this thread kinda went into a different direction from "HEY,LOOK AR THIS GARFEEL RESTAURANTEUR"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

It's a fair cop to some extent, Futanari Damacy, and I for one will try to save any further posts ITT for more deserving excesses (e.g. any new episodes of Nathfield).

Thanks for the generally constructive criticism (though it appears you misspelt GOLDMINE as :gas:).

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
We are not gassing this thread and as long as people don't touch the poop it's fine

Goons have a long and stories history of gawking and if they want to continue to that's up to them

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
This thread started laughing at a rich fail son. Last I checked Nathen is still a rich fail son, so nothing has changed.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I'd genuinely like to know the principle that says laughing at GarfieldEats was OK, but laughing at egeez, his podcast, and his forthcoming cereal-box-cum-color-booking art installation is not.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Just an innocent little boy into cereal boxes, he's allowed a little misogyny and antisemitism

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yeah, except for the goon ordering the lasagna, people joining his weird discords..Sure.

It's totally not a slippery weird stalky slope. It was fun while the guy had a weird restaurant..now he's just a mentally ill failson, and while I think that's inherently funny, this thread kinda went into a different direction from "HEY,LOOK AR THIS GARFEEL RESTAURANTEUR"

Ordering a mail-order lasagna from a company that sold mail order lasagnas is not "loving with the dude" IRL. I genuinely wanted to eat it (and would have had he shipped it to me).

E: Also that was like 2 years ago when GarfieldEats was still open (or maybe had just closed, I forget)

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 24, 2023

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I do think the thread is lovely from time to time, occasionally people make fun of him struggling with his sexuality which isn't cool, and people get really weird about his looks. However I think the majority of the thread content is absolutely making fun of his idiotic business ventures, and I have seen probes for people being lovely so it's not like bad posts don't go unpunished.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

I do think the thread is lovely from time to time, occasionally people make fun of him struggling with his sexuality which isn't cool, and people get really weird about his looks. However I think the majority of the thread content is absolutely making fun of his idiotic business ventures, and I have seen probes for people being lovely so it's not like bad posts don't go unpunished.

Its less being weird about his looks and more being weirded out by that look he does in nearly every photo.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Otoh Nathen claims he's been on a year long social media hiatus, so clearly posters itt must be stalking him irl :thunk:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Blue Steel

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

I thought this was an ___Eats thread,
First we had GarfieldEats, then ScoobyDooEats, and now... NathanEats.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Imagine concern trolling in a dead rear end forum "ooh, I killed one of the few interesting threads in this dying place, I'm such a badass hue hue hue" yeah c'mon

Edit: Concern trollers, if you hurry you can still defend... *checks notes* confirmed crypto scammer; "Ice Poseidon" from the terrible stalking and abuse laid on them from the everest thread.

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 24, 2023

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I don't believe for a single moment that his abstinence meltdown was a "struggle with his sexuality" - that was an attempt at PR control to benefit a business venture, it was just completely insane

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

he's a capitalist
and although all capitalists are mentally unwell this particular one isn't any less mentally sound than any other

though at this point nathen is barely any different than any other capitalist swine pigdog grifter shithead and there's hardly anything special about him anymore

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 24, 2023

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

brb posting the same thing in the scott adams thread

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I mean it's not wrong. It's certainly a kiwifarm -esque thread.

gently caress off with this bullshit. no offense

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

GolfHole posted:

brb posting the same thing in the scott adams thread

Scott Adams is merely a confused soul struggling with his hatred of his son, you hyena

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

steinrokkan posted:

Scott Adams is merely a confused soul struggling with his hatred of his son, you hyena

And any none cis none white none appropriate cult none male none engineer.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

DoombatINC posted:

I don't believe for a single moment that his abstinence meltdown was a "struggle with his sexuality" - that was an attempt at PR control to benefit a business venture, it was just completely insane

Oh 100%, I am fully on board with laughing at that poo poo, especially because it was him trying to damage control after he went ballistic over The Gay Superman Kiss. But I have seen some people in this thread seemingly make fun of him for struggling with being gay in general, which like, isn't cool imo. That being said, it doesn't happen all that often, and most posting is just laughing at his dumb ideas / meltdowns.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Doesn’t Nathen say in his book that he’s bipolar?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Big City Drinkin posted:

He says a lot of things in his book

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
also for the record we don't hate him or wish him ill (which is what the kiwifarms comparison implies). he's an unlikable weirdo but the reason this thread continues is he does unexpected very unique things. and yes if he was poor instead of rich that would give a different angle to this but he seems like he's just going to keep doing his thing and if we think it's funny then so be it. obv., don't touch the poop

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Futanari Damacy posted:

He doesn’t have a goofy business to make fun of

If you don’t think he’s going to try to spin NathenEats and “clean label farm2plate” as some sort of wild business idea, you haven’t been paying attention

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
I felt genuine empathy for Nathen at the start of his four-part video series when he described his struggles. (Good luck getting that out of KF folks.) He then moved on to how the cereal boxes he's colored over will change the world. That is objectively amusing, and the posters in this thread are recognizing that without taking it to some sort of weird or inappropriate territory (exceptions may apply as I did not memorize every post ITT and I know some people have been punished for transgressions, but still, far healthier behavior in this thread than implied).

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Big City Drinkin posted:

The online description of the book mentions it's about his struggle with bipolar disorder.

Nowhere in the entirety of the book is the word "bipolar" used once, nor does he ever mention seeing a therapist or getting diagnosed with any kinds of mental illnesses / disorders.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Futanari Damacy posted:

Hmmm, interesting that the thread you created four years ago has metastasized into something completely unlike what you originally intended due to the obsessive weirdos posting in it. Hilarious! :smug:

Weird that the OP started a mock thread, and it's still a mock thread. Poor maligned OP!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Warren Buffett is a loving genius businessman. I'm just jealous I didn't have the foresight and acumen to be born incredibly wealthy and well connected. Piece of poo poo.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Actually, Futanari Damaci making GBS threads up this thread with their godawful posting is a GarfieldEATS tradition, you loving lunatics.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Futanari Damacy posted:

Making fun of the guy for liking cereal boxes and colouring, you may as well make fun of autistic people who love trains (though I doubt anyone posting itt is that self-loathing).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

the urge to get in a sick burn on autistic people makes your holier-than-thou shtick look pretty insincere hth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Everyone should apologize to Nathen for laughing at his projects by buying his stuff.

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1661923848533467136

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Wow, I guess he's finally cutting the cat out of his life

Also lol 35 bucks for a Nathan and Garfield pillow

Not even gonna talk about the suit or the painting

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh poo poo he’s selling “The Suit(tm)”

E: Haha zero bids on any of those things. I thought people were bidding up the price to screw with him but no, thats what he thinks those things are worth. I would have thought he would value the suit higher than some lame pillow?

Very strong “how much could a banana cost Michael, $10?” energy

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 26, 2023

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

Oh poo poo he’s selling “The Suit(tm)”

value: Priceless

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
He’s selling the suit!?!?! Seems like a massive change to his life

Well, I would believe that if he also stops posting under GarfieldEats and Nathfield

$200 for a Garfield phone seemed absurd but apparently they go for $60-120 on EBay, so it’s merely Very High

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

david_a posted:

He’s selling the suit!?!?! Seems like a massive change to his life

Dad found the podcasts

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
The most exciting thing about those auctions is that it ended up bringing me to his auction of the huge Garfield plush from 2020, where he said all the proceeds would be donated to sickkids, and I think at the time I thought that was a Nathenism but now I see there really is a charity called SickKids (and, astoundingly, as far as I can tell, he is not the owner of said charity)

Indeed Googin' the only real connection between the two besides that auction is, well,

Frank Frank posted:

It's also worth noting that although the Garfsagna is listed as its own item on the store page, there is a permanent "ORDER ONLINE LASAGNA" button embedded at the top of the page no matter where you navigate on-site along with a button that ominously reads "DONATE SICKKIDS"

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

nerd plus rage posted:

the urge to get in a sick burn on autistic people makes your holier-than-thou shtick look pretty insincere hth

Username post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

quote:

Portion of the funds will be used to support Youth Without Shelter, the charity of Nathen's choice since the beginning offering over 60kg of lasagnas per month.