Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

that's marseille right? that church is dope. didn't expect it to be full of model boats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ledger
Dec 23, 2007

COYI

Wafflecopper posted:

that's marseille right? that church is dope. didn't expect it to be full of model boats

Yep you’re right, my wife and I lately went on a holiday around the Med- Marseille has a bit of a bad rap for being a little rough, we spent a day there and had a great time.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

fern house

i really like this one, composition is very 'oddly satisfying' to me

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 24, 2023

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

bobmarleysghost posted:

this image is the strongest of the lot. im into the effect.

thank you! i think that one is my favourite as well, i just wish i'd moved to the right to get the cityscape in that frame too. I'm still at the 'take a load of shots and see what sticks' stage and I need to work on composition.

I like the vibe here, something sort of serene about a workplace without the workers.

This is a stunning image, congrats.

I really like this one too. great colours!

I watched a video about the landscape photographer Toshio Shibata, who is apparently famous for never including the sky in his shots, and was feeling a little inspired. I shot these straight down the side of a fairly large cliff, but I think the scale got kind of lost and these just look like small rocks instead, but oh well. My first proper attempt at colour grading (the images were much more green to start with, I tried to reduce the contrast between the water and the rest of the images, maybe it didnt work but I've gone back and forth so many times I can no longer tell lol).

I think I might drop the final one from the series, the angle doesn't really match the rest and loses the strong shadows because it was shot from the side the sun was on rather than straight down, but I like the pooling in the indentations around the rocks.

field balm fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 24, 2023

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

hope and vaseline posted:

i really like this one, composition is very 'oddly satisfying' to me

field balm posted:

I like the vibe here, something sort of serene about a workplace without the workers.

thanks. i love a good building block.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

General Ledger posted:

Yep you’re right, my wife and I lately went on a holiday around the Med- Marseille has a bit of a bad rap for being a little rough, we spent a day there and had a great time.

yeah i spent a couple of nights there a few years back and liked it, despite get sunburnt as gently caress and injuring my spleen. the locals were much nicer than in paris, although it was a little weird how every corner store sold giant stabby knives

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 25, 2023

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

Nice bob.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Colours, composition, shadows. All wonderful. Really dig this one.

Really like this too.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

don't doxx me?

dig the colors and forms, sometimes photographs take on this really abstract quality to me and this is doing just that

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Helsinki is nice :sun:

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Love this

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Wish that edge of trailer wasn't on the right

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
With Photoshop Beta's Generative Fill, you can have your wishes fulfilled!

/Narrator voice

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

or just crop it, might be too close to the tree then though

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I dig them, what 6x12 are you using to take them?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Blackhawk posted:

I dig them, what 6x12 are you using to take them?

Bottom Liner posted:

Ansco Pix Panorama 35mm. You can get them unopened for 10-15 bucks

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Ansco_Pix_Panorama

I popped out the pano gate on it, time to see if I broke it

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

real nap shit fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 30, 2023

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
hey that's a killer shot dang, the reflections look so good

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Ominous Jazz posted:

hey that's a killer shot dang, the reflections look so good

Well thank you! It was a drizzly night in the KC West Bottoms. Oldest part of Kansas City with buildings dating into the 1800s. It's where our haunted house district resides. It's been run down over the years and many buildings are in disrepair, windows broken, graffiti everywhere, but lately some young artists have been moving in and slowly making it whole again.

Here's some more from the same night

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Some more mountain shots, took photos with a few different types of film at some locations to see which worked out best.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Traditional landscapes in the landscape thread! Why I never.

Those are all great though.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Blackhawk posted:

Some more mountain shots, took photos with a few different types of film at some locations to see which worked out best.

Have you tried processing these in b/w? The second and third imo feel like good candidates

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Please don't. The colours are awesome.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I like the colours too! Not knocking them at all, but those colours lead to some nice gradation in b/w.

edit: nvm i didn't see the film thing cause I don't read, was just assuming you were working off raws. my bad!

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 3, 2023

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Mega Comrade posted:

Traditional landscapes in the landscape thread! Why I never.

Those are all great though.

Cheers, yeah I like taking photos of garbage bins and alleys as much as the next person but I also enjoy hiking and climbing so taking photos is a good excuse to get out there too. Fully acknowledge that 'traditional pretty' type landscape photos aren't really saying or meaning anything beyond the aesthetic but I feel like that's ok too.

hope and vaseline posted:

Have you tried processing these in b/w? The second and third imo feel like good candidates

I mean I do 'DSLR' scan the negatives so I do have RAWS of them that I could convert to B&W if I wanted to, but also also took a few B&W film shots of the same/similar scenes which I shared on the previous page.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Kentmere 400 and 100 are nice.

majour333 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 5, 2023

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I got a zoom lens, manual focus is hard

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

field balm posted:

I got a zoom lens, manual focus is hard

That's a lot of chromatic aberation!.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

yeah its pretty bad. is it just a cheap lens, or because its super zoomed in (about 200mm on a crop sensor)? obviously very overcast, is it because the background was so bright vs the subject? i was stepped down to 8 or 11 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01