Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Bumhead posted:

I have a dumb question - how do you increase your Zonai battery?

I still have just 1 battery charge which is what you start out with, and I feel like I've either missed something or just being really stupid. I've used the gacha machines to get more toys to mess around with but I don't think they're used to increase the charge, right?

(if it's tied to a narrative thing then I'd rather not know specifics - I'll get there eventually I guess)

Get zonite chunks from whacking sparkling rocks, then back to the first sky island mining cave to convert those chunks into Crystallised charges. There's a steward dude on a rock right behind lookout landing (literally right behind) who will convert 100 crystallised charges for a battery cell.

If you want zonite chunks fast, you'll need to wander down the depths and kill everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
I feel like I might need a hint here as to whether I can do a thing I found or not yet:
Came across construct factory and 4 limb depots, but it seems I can't do anything with them? It's super interesting, though, so I don't want to put it away until the end of the game if I missed something

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Without catching too many spoilers, is there anything like the yiga clan ambushes from BOTW in this one? As in after finishing the yiga quest chain, for the rest of the game clan members would pop up randomly and attack you.

In botw I triggered it early and it hindered me just chilling out and exploring, I would rather not make the same mistake here.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Oh lovely, thank you for the rapid and helpful responses, Goons. I'll check that out later.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Vookatos posted:

I feel like I might need a hint here as to whether I can do a thing I found or not yet:
Came across construct factory and 4 limb depots, but it seems I can't do anything with them? It's super interesting, though, so I don't want to put it away until the end of the game if I missed something

You can't do anything with it yet, but you will know when you can and it's not something easily missed

Tea Bone posted:

Without catching too many spoilers, is there anything like the yiga clan ambushes from BOTW in this one? As in after finishing the yiga quest chain, for the rest of the game clan members would pop up randomly and attack you.

In botw I triggered it early and it hindered me just chilling out and exploring, I would rather not make the same mistake here.

Yes, different trigger (I think) than "finishing one of the four major main quest things" like in botw though, you're going to have to work a bit more for it

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Vookatos posted:

You can do this now if you want or wait to be specifically pointed at it. There’s something you need to find (location spoiler) on one of the thunderstorm islands above Faron.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

What’s the trigger for being allowed to climb the floating ruins above Kakariko?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Lube Enthusiast posted:

What’s the trigger for being allowed to climb the floating ruins above Kakariko?

all 4 regional phenomenon and then the followup quest, basically getting you to the point where enough people realize oh maybe that wasn't actually zelda saying don't climb on the ring ruins

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Pirate Radar posted:

You can do this now if you want or wait to be specifically pointed at it. There’s something you need to find (location spoiler) on one of the thunderstorm islands above Faron.

fair warning, jumping directly to this will also (pacing spoilers, I guess) lore dump 90% of the plot on you all at once if you do it out of the "intended" main quest path, I think at least a couple people ITT tripped across it and said "well gently caress I wish I hadn't done that"

it'a very much a knowledge checkpoint kind of deal that was probably made too easy to just go do for the exploration-minded

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Level 2 glider armor is awesome. being able to just land without damage makes things a lot easier when flying around

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Link's house:

is there anyway to decorate the outside? those green wooden cubes look like poo poo.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
I gotta say, those little weirdos with the egg shaped heads (the guy who wants to turn into a monster, and the monster nerd at Tarry Town) manage to be this compelling mixture of creepy, weird, pathetic, and... strangely endearing.

Also just did Lurelin, I found the guy down in the well pretty early on but there were three Bokoblins skulking around the ruins somewhere I missed in two sweeps through the village. Finally just ran through town whistling like a maniac to draw them out.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i do love that adding koltin to the game makes kilton feel like a normal dude

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Frankston posted:

Link's house:

is there anyway to decorate the outside? those green wooden cubes look like poo poo.

Link's old house: I just noticed that all the pics on the walls are of Zelda's charity projects/stable quests...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I keep seeing people in this thread and also in general guides on YouTube tell people that to purchase crystallized charges go back to the sky Island, buy all the vendors charges, then go rest somewhere else and return so he restocks.

Got the love of God do not do this. There are a myriad of better forges in the world to buy crystallized charges at that stock more.

Also don't go up to the sky Island to buy more battery cells, there is a vendor like ten feet north of Lookout point. You can see him from the gate.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Was doing all the skydiving challenges and one of them I climbed to the top of the rings and started the mission so I assumed you did this for the other ones.......so the next one I climbed forever, using flying machines and all sorts of poo poo...realized I couldn't even ascend through the very ascendable rings anymore and thought "hrm maybe I'm doing this wrong." Yep, jumped all the way down and the construct is just like "oh I'll get you up there no problem, dummy"

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 24, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

So is there any ultimate reward for helping Dumpshit McSignass Addison put up all the dumbshit signs?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

You can't do anything with it yet, but you will know when you can and it's not something easily missed

Yes, different trigger (I think) than "finishing one of the four major main quest things" like in botw though, you're going to have to work a bit more for it

Hey don’t tell us what the trigger is or anything. No need to be TOO helpful.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Black Griffon posted:

So is there any ultimate reward for helping Dumpshit McSignass Addison put up all the dumbshit signs?

My reward is seeing his dumbass bewildered expression every time :allears:

After actually meeting Hudson and his family I'm a fan as well. Wondering how his daughter's quest plays out if you haven't arleady cleared the Lightning Temple though. Do they bring Mattison to Gerudo Town anyway despite it being surrounded by sandstorms and gibdo?

On another Gerudo Town note, can you ever get the prisoner freed or does he just sit in there for the entire game? Could never seem to tell his wife that he's locked up.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Well, Addison, you are an odd fellow. But you hang a good sign.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Diephoon posted:

After actually meeting Hudson and his family I'm a fan as well. Wondering how his daughter's quest plays out if you haven't arleady cleared the Lightning Temple though. Do they bring Mattison to Gerudo Town anyway despite it being surrounded by sandstorms and gibdo?

She does still get sent away and her parents even worry a bit because they heard there was a huge sandstorm in the desert but they decide that it's probably fine. However I couldn't find Mattison in the shelter while everything was still messed up, so either she was hidden somewhere I couldn't find her or she just doesn't appear until everything's resolved. Probably so that when her parents ask to see a picture of her you don't have to tell them that a guard took her away from her safe home and brought her to a city besieged by zombies.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Rolled credits at 60+ hours (according to my profile info) with the "true" ending. Overall, really enjoyed my time with it, but was definitely ready to be done with it by the end. The approach to the ending was kind of a motherfucker thanks to all the gloom damage flying around. Once you actually get past that, though, the last boss wasn't too bad - although at that point I was geared enough that I could steamroll anything in a stand-up fight.

I'll be interested to see what they do next. Aonuma said in an interview that they see this formula as the new template for Zelda games but..I don't think they can just go back to the same well again. The next one is going to have to be substantially different, and the story doesn't really leave a ton of room for more shenanigans in the current timeline. And, frankly, I kind of hope they still sprinkle in some more "traditional" Zelda games here and there - even if they farm them out to different teams a la the Capcom games.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 24, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Flood Hyrule so we can get wind waker 2 with this type of engine and mechanics. Bigass islands separated by a vast ocean, but you can also dive down and explore the ocean floor kinda like the depths.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

gently caress almighty my profile says 85 hours already and I've only done one temple.

(And 720+ for BotW...)

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I wonder how much thought goes into the shrines and temples giving the player a sense of cleverness in subverting intended puzzle solutions without the player thinking their own solutions are unsatisfying because they're too easy or outside the spirit of things. I wonder if outside of glitchy stuff Nintendo have accounted for all the tricks that can be pulled. It feels like a balancing act that must have taken so much thought in design. It's one of the best puzzle games ever made. True of BotW as well.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Flood Hyrule so we can get wind waker 2 with this type of engine and mechanics. Bigass islands separated by a vast ocean, but you can also dive down and explore the ocean floor kinda like the depths.

I don't think there has ever been a game where swimming has been fun, going all the way back to Mario Bros 1

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Nihonniboku posted:

I don't think there has ever been a game where swimming has been fun, going all the way back to Mario Bros 1

Majora’s Mask. It’s time for the return of Zora Link.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

VanillaGorilla posted:

I'll be interested to see what they do next. Aonuma said in an interview that they see this formula as the new template for Zelda games but..I don't think they can just go back to the same well again. The next one is going to have to be substantially different, and the story doesn't really leave a ton of room for more shenanigans in the current timeline. And, frankly, I kind of hope they still sprinkle in some more "traditional" Zelda games here and there - even if they farm them out to different teams a la the Capcom games.

I'm having a ton of fun with this format and it's definitely the most time I've spent with a Zelda game since a child but it makes me sad to think we're not going to get another classic style 3d Zelda, but I also don't want to lose this format. I guess if they spend some time releasing console remasters of the classics that will keep me satiated for a few years.

Spanish Manlove posted:

This makes a lot of sense. God I hope they do this.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
FPS games have figured out swimming by now, they just let you noclip while you're in water but with momentum. Third person games on the other hand... Sekiro, maybe?

edit: Figured it out myself. All games with swimming should work like Dead Space 2 and 3's zero gravity.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 24, 2023

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Tea Bone posted:

Yeah don't worry instead you get ambulatory trees to ruin your trek through the woods.

Sure they're easy as hell, but they weren't the first day I played.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Pirate Radar posted:

Anyone know which shops sell rice? Doing the Lurelin reconstruction but the Lookout shop only stocks three at a time.

The reward for completing the first quest in Hateno’s school is 10 rice.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

kidcoelacanth posted:

i do love that adding koltin to the game makes kilton feel like a normal dude

Some of my favorite NPCs this game, I love spotting the big purple balloon outside a town.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

yes

although I kind of almost like those because the armor pops off with a flurry rush from a good hammer and then you get a free spanking out of it and something to throw on your shield

Yeah armor isnt hard at all in my experience, but I'm also a mega caveman and always have half my inventory as two handed hammers despite polearms being the clear winner in terms of power. It's mostly my completely inability to side dodge and their health pool that make them a challenge for me

Did manage to independently confirm that their AI isnt so great if you're just spinning to win at their side at their hind legs.

Nihonniboku posted:

Subnautica

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Huh, after beating the Regional Phenomena quest and the follow-up quest where you chase Phantom Zelda around Hyrule Castle before she's revealed to be a Ganondorf puppet, Zelda won't show up in Blood Moon cutscenes any more.

I guess the implication was that Ganondorf was showing up as Zelda in Link's dreams just to psyche him out?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Nihonniboku posted:

Subnautica?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is there a good way to find the random wandering armor breadcrumb rumors/quests?

Somewhat late game exploration spoilers I guess:
Currently, I'm at 128 or so shrines and I'm a little confused about how few armor pieces I've found. It seems like they aren't really end of shrine rewards anymore, which is a bummer since I would've figured I'd have found the climbing armor a bit earlier when it would've been more useful.

I have the chest piece but not the other pieces. From what I've encountered, a lot of the armor is probably in random caves hidden away by that Misko dude, but beyond that one quest that leads you to those three pieces, I haven't had any good breadcrumbs toward any others. Am I supposed to just use the cherry blossom trees to explore caves and find the swords/cloth that tell me an armor piece is hidden somewhere in there?

From what I gather, armor in the depths other than the Mining Set is Amiibo stuff, and I've found some armor as parts of quests (zora, froggy, ganondorf, etc., but for these incomplete sets I have like the Barbarian, Rubber, and Climbing sets, it'll just be in random caves?

Oh! And if someone can tell me if there's an in-game hint towards where the Yiga head/Legs are, I'd appreciate it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Subnautica owns but don't see how they'd implement that ownage into Zelda BotW framework.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Scholtz posted:

Oh! And if someone can tell me if there's an in-game hint towards where the Yiga head/Legs are, I'd appreciate it.

There is, in the location you found the first piece.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ymgve posted:

Subnautica?

Khanstant posted:

Subnautica owns but don't see how they'd implement that ownage into Zelda BotW framework.

Love Subnautica, and have hundreds of hours into it and the sequel. But the swimming sucks in the game, it's why they introduce vehicles almost immediately. And it's first person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Is there a good way to find the random wandering armor breadcrumb rumors/quests?

Apparently the breadcrumbs the game gives you are wandering fashionistas. I met one while wandering around in Hyrule Park who went 'you look like a fashionable fellow, here's a couple of rumors about some cool outfits I've heard of' and marked a couple of spots on my map. Then she told me to look out for others of her ilk to catch up on the latest in fashion gossip.