Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mystery solved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's a dank looking ribeye but you pay a lot for the ol' axe handle on those things - even if it's just a RIDICULOUSLY cheap :10bux: a pound

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I hope you do better with this one than the one you posted on page 170

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:stare:

edit:

Whooping Crabs posted:

I hope you do better with this one than the one you posted on page 170

omg that was you bird? please don't ruin this.... for us

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm doing the best I can I'm not a professional chef just a home cook that's trying to learn

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Put it in ur butt

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
TAKE THE PHOTO AFTER YOU SEAR IT MY GUY

:negative:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ok that looks great well done.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
A fine butt sear

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is the one I just smoked tonight. Not from Costco though,

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

bird with big dick posted:

I'm doing the best I can I'm not a professional chef just a home cook that's trying to learn

I don't understand how you are getting it that grey. Even in a sous vide it shouldn't look like that.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The inside of my mouth feels slimey from seeing that

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

WHAT RHE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!!!!!!

how I ask HOW ARE YOU COOKING IT???*

Meat is murder but holy loving poo poo.

Hot pan cast iron preferred with a good seasoning on the cast iron. Little bit of oil to get a uniform cook

Sear for 5-5 mins side 1 and 3-5 mins side 2. Put the beef juice that starts forming onto the top of the steak as it's cooking. Put in oven for 15-20 minutes

It's done.

Take photo.

If he comes out this gray you need a priest because there's a devil in the oven.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CitizenKain posted:

I don't understand how you are getting it that grey. Even in a sous vide it shouldn't look like that.

You're right, regular sous vide doesn't really look like this, this is "sous vide" using an Anova Precision Oven. It cranks the humidity in the oven to 100% and the temp to around your desired final temp plus 20 degrees and then monitors the meat temp with a probe.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

This dude has a combi oven? Living the dream over there. How do you like it?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

WHAT RHE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!!!!!!

how I ask HOW ARE YOU COOKING IT???*

Meat is murder but holy loving poo poo.

Hot pan cast iron preferred with a good seasoning on the cast iron. Little bit of oil to get a uniform cook

Sear for 5-5 mins side 1 and 3-5 mins side 2. Put the beef juice that starts forming onto the top of the steak as it's cooking. Put in oven for 15-20 minutes

It's done.

Take photo.

If he comes out this gray you need a priest because there's a devil in the oven.

interesting opinions from the person who wont eat cold pizza, or anything leftover for that matter.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

You're right, regular sous vide doesn't really look like this, this is "sous vide" using an Anova Precision Oven. It cranks the humidity in the oven to 100% and the temp to around your desired final temp plus 20 degrees and then monitors the meat temp with a probe.

Bird no: Flame-broiled

Bird yes: Faux-boiled

edit: 100% humidity... did you make IRL steamed hams?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 11:24 on May 24, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

I love my sous vide and that oven looks interesting. What else have you done with it?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

this mfer got Hedonismbot for his oven

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Kaddish posted:

I love my sous vide and that oven looks interesting. What else have you done with it?

Mostly use it for bread baking.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Posting a reverse seared stake before the sear is a war crime

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Dang, now I want a pizza oven, wok burner, and combi oven :(

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

God damnit j didn't even read the spoilers.

loving hug tricked me with fake meat crimes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

don't even care that he fixed it later, this still needs to be punished

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

morning summit cereal + frozen berries + some salt flakes and yellow label Kirkland olive oil is my new fave snack fr

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

smoobles posted:

I bought a $700 Roomba (J8+) from Costco today. He's very smart and an overachiever, he vacuumed my bedroom without me asking. Good find at Costco.

Just fyi for anyone who may care, consumer junk like this- and I say that in the fondest way, I have an i8+ Roomba which is the Costco model without the front camera- has weird product arcs that usually mean you can get something very similar, or the same, for a fraction of the price.

For example, Costco offloaded all of their i8+ onto Ebay late last year for about $300. The J+ models are cool and all but you would be surprised, in practice the camera doesn't add much for most people and there are other benefits to the I8+.

The unit you bought was also $499 within the last month or so as well just to give an example (this may mean nothing to you but maybe someone in the thread would benefit).

If I was dropping 7 bills on a robot vacuum I would get something like this loving awesome refurbished Roborock S7 Max, not a Roomba: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4041935469...e42ddacaef70INT

I have plenty of toy budget for audio stuff, consumer electronics, whatever, but by spending just a few minutes per month setting price alerts on Slickdeals et al and being willing to wait, you can get almost anything you want for about so cheap. Which ultimately just lets you buy way, way nicer poo poo. Consumer products really cater to the top end these days so if you can bring down the price of a premium unit to a midline price range, you're going to see lots of benefits from that.

This is doubly true right now because the consumer economy is just hosed. Haven't seen deals like this in years, and we're not even that far into the recession.

Anyways maybe no one cares, and I wouldn't expect people to research the specifics of robot vacuums like I did, but you can usually spend just like 10 or 15 minutes to plot out a consumer purchase, be willing to wait a month or two, and you're probably getting whatever that thing is for 25-50% off.

If you buy high end consumer stuff like I do (TV/audio stuff, electronics) it really, really adds up :shrug: most of the time I don't comparison shop in this way to save money, but instead to buy the top unit in the stack for a midrange price. For example, a few weeks ago Best Buy clearanced a bunch of KEF audio and Pioneer poo poo for pennies on the dollar, especially if you were willing to do open box (which I was, and it worked out great).

This kind of clearance poo poo is really ramping up in a way that I haven't seen since the glory days of the 2008~ recession so the timing is right if you like your toys and want to put in a second of work for it.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Knot My President! posted:

morning summit cereal + frozen berries + some salt flakes and yellow label Kirkland olive oil is my new fave snack fr

You lost me at the part where you put olive oil in the breakfast cereal

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Whooping Crabs posted:

I read that last night and it made me think I was drunk enough I just needed to put the phone down and go to sleep.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

just replacing my milk with olive oil

*Italian hand gestures intensify*

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Mr.Acula posted:

im going to show my roomba my rear end in a top hat and balls

This is why the AI will eventually turn against us

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

That looks interesting.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Combi ovens are also the best way to prepare scrambled eggs for a thousand people

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Whooping Crabs posted:

It’s really good

If you’ve ever gotten frozen yogurt at a greek place it’s basically that with granola and cranberries and almonds. Good blend of savory and sweet

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I like the olive oil coffee from Starbucks.

It’s actually good.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I like the olive oil coffee from Starbucks.

It’s actually good.

Did you poo poo your pants

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Whole bunch of posts and they are all about privacy invading vacuums and lovely looking meat.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

SirPablo posted:

Whole bunch of posts and they are all about privacy invading vacuums and lovely looking meat.

Don't forget the olive oil in strange places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Anyone going to church on this high holy day weekend