Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Is that Arsenal melting down?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this is a dumb question that occurred to me watching brighton play but is pascal gross one of if not the best signings of the last however many years?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm biased but Gabriel Martinelli would be a consideration

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://twitter.com/peterrutzler/status/1660328699076411392

petition to make it st frankie's day

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

In short: lmao Chelsea

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Jose posted:

this is a dumb question that occurred to me watching brighton play but is pascal gross one of if not the best signings of the last however many years?

He was our first premier league signing and cost £2m pound or something. Still going the business for us 5 years later and arguably getting better. Absolutely incredible.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

He was our first premier league signing and cost £2m pound or something. Still going the business for us 5 years later and arguably getting better. Absolutely incredible.

congrats seagull

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

vyelkin posted:

you can just pop Arteta's hair off and then there's a connection point underneath where you can attach other fun lego accessories

Do you get a trophy for any of them?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Dudley posted:

Do you get a trophy for any of them?

theres an FA cup and a community shield, yes

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1660994432731164683

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
4 years to represent Arsenal’s favorite trophy

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

UnderFreddy posted:

theres an FA cup and a community shield, yes

Sounds like a cup and a shield rather than a trophy.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That star striker that Chelsea signed is running out of time if he's going to score a goal this season

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

You're going to have to be more specific.

E: I mean that sincerely lol

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 24, 2023

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Sela is owned/funded by PIF lol

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1661374603581587458?s=20

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Checks and balances, but they're mostly concerned about the checks

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Financial* Fair* Play

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
not sure if newcastle can surpass city and psg to become world's grossest club, but they are definitely trying

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Financial* Fair* Play

Fair Market Value

TimeWaster
Nov 1, 2011
Rules necessitate loopholes, that is only fair.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Slot has ruled out taking over at spurs - lol.

Well run club destined for greatness again

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

he just didn't have the DNA, was a mutual decision

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
They didn’t want to gamble on a Slot machine

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Does anyone watch Ted Lasso and if so can they tell me exactly how cringe and fail was the recent episode tie-in match with Manchester City which I only knew about because our social media channels advertised it like a regular game and then had legions of clueless plastics commenting 'good luck City best team!!!' underneath

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Slot has ruled out taking over at spurs - lol.

Well run club destined for greatness again

https://twitter.com/JonnyGabriel/status/1661715095947210752?cxt=HHwWgMCzvevEzI8uAAAA

(rumours they've offered it to Brendan Rogers)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Mickolution posted:

(rumours they've offered it to Brendan Rogers)

Oh hell yeah :letsgo:

Carrier
May 12, 2009

gently caress me no thanks

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Does anyone watch Ted Lasso and if so can they tell me exactly how cringe and fail was the recent episode tie-in match with Manchester City which I only knew about because our social media channels advertised it like a regular game and then had legions of clueless plastics commenting 'good luck City best team!!!' underneath
Extremely cringe even by Ted Lasso standards. Pep shows up at the end to woodenly deliver an inspiring speech after City fails to beat a scrub team that’s somehow a title contender.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I watched one episode from the most recent season of Ted Lasso and was left confused why anybody thinks it's good. Maybe it was good once and people are just invested in it now.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

I watched one episode from the most recent season of Ted Lasso and was left confused why anybody thinks it's good. Maybe it was good once and people are just invested in it now.

It's this. The first season is really great imo, the second is okay, and then this third one has been kinda a trainwreck as they try to wrap up every storyline GOT-style before Jason Sudekis leaves.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i don't know ted lasso but whatever happens in it can't be as cringe as actually supporting manchester city irl

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
It was good because there wasn't a lot of new stuff around during the pandemic and it's a feel-good workplace comedy with a lot of charm. Other than Roy characters are fairly shallow and become more unbelievable with more screen time. Football is dumb.

The Zlatan arc was good but the rest of this season is mostly meh. 3 seasons seems about right.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Thanks Ants posted:

I saw about half of the first series and it's loving terrible. It's got the tone of a kids show, but with fingering jokes. I like Jason Sudekis, but this was unwatchable.

Betjeman posted:

The Zlatan arc was good but the rest of this season is mostly meh. 3 seasons seems about right.

Was that dickhead actually in it?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
It was hot garbage when it was a 90 second commercial for NBCSports also.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

no they had a stand in for him named zava and he basically poochy'd his way to the moon midway through

3rd season real bad - im hate watching it to finish it now its a loving slog

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I love fred lasso

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Big fan of frank tassle so I watched a real soccer game and it wasn't like the show at all

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I binged the first 2 seasons and the first half of the current season to catch up and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I can see its transition (from more of a sports team sitcom to more of a soap drama with a sports team as set dressing) being a bit jarring for some, but the characters are still really good and still have really good moments. Overall it's been great, and I'm good with it wrapping up.

The premiere league club tie-ins are whatever to me, but they do the job of showing rapid progression of a fictional sports team in a feel good show that will inevitably put them as champions in the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
So I'm gonna imagine its a well meaning American doofus who bumbles his way into managing a British club and is initially met with haughty skepticism and rude dismissal but eventually wins everyone over through the power of friendship?