Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Rick posted:

The question is if the laws the democrats and republicans in Arizona worked together to pass to limit who is on the ballot apply to incumbents. Because as far as I can tell rules as written you need something like 35,000 signatures to appear on the ballot as an independent. Maybe she can join the Libertarians or something.

35k in a state the size of AZ isn’t much of a hurdle if you can afford to pay signature collectors and get started early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

35k in a state the size of AZ isn’t much of a hurdle if you can afford to pay signature collectors and get started early

Interesting (I know nothing about this). drat so are the Green Party just that big of fuckups? Okay that's a rhetorical question I guess.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The green party probably just doesn't have anyone putting up the money you'd need to hire the signature gatherers. they usually get paid something like $1 per signature they get. who's going to give $35,000 plus overhead to the arizona green party?

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 02:08 on Dec 14, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

biceps crimes posted:

Blood and Oil

lol it's perfect.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

sOil

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

The green party probably just doesn't have anyone putting up the money you'd need to hire the signature gatherers. they usually get paid something like $1 per signature they get. who's going to give $35,000 plus overhead to the arizona green party?

Yeah it’s a chunk of change and you don’t stop at 35k you probably go for well over that unless you’re dumb because some number will be invalidated - yeah it’s just a resources thing that a sitting senator has access to and the greens usually won’t

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

were I running for a senate seat I would fund raise exactly enough money to hire weird al to endorse me and spread my praises

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shear Modulus posted:

For sure. And they really aren't organized in any meaningful fashion anyway. Even when it was a lot easier to get on ballot they didn't always manage to do it.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

lmao continues to be worse than trump on almost everything

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Coolness Averted posted:

lmao continues to be worse than trump on almost everything

It's pretty funny reading about how covid is over while on a cocktail of OTC meds to make having covid suck a little less lol

Most progressive prednisald since FDR

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

spacemang_spliff posted:

It's pretty funny reading about how covid is over while on a cocktail of OTC meds to make having covid suck a little less lol

Most progressive prednisald since FDR

Covid is over if you're getting daily PCRs, require the help to wear masks, get boosted quartler, and already have a 10-20 day regimen of paxlovid prepared for your month long mild dissappearance from the public eye.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

inshallah

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

allah, sadly, has not willed it, and the democrats have instead, in a vicious twist, been rewarded for their perfidy. god has forgotten and abandoned our sorry earth and the world waits for the Ashen One to end the tyranny of Flame once and for all (by epically murdering every lord of cinder it’ll be so fuckin sweet bro)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
this thread rises as the democrats fall

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i pray daily for the destruction of the demokkkrat party

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

biceps crimes posted:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

there will be only stagnation. biden will win reelection, there will be another white trash pout session storming of the capital, there will be war famine fire floods and disease and the dollar in your pocket will take you longer to earn and be worth less.

president xi will not save you, trump will not save you

only afroman has the power to break the cycle

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

biceps crimes posted:

patience. almost there

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Where are the vibrant young Democrats??

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

when a group of vibrant young democrats tried to talk to dianne feinstein about the environment, she called them idiots, insulted their messages, and said they didn't understand.

sadly, she was right.

equally as sadly, there is a high likelihood that a many of those vibrant young democrats voted for her anyway in a future election.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

iirc they said pelosi's daughter was planning to run for her mom's seat when she retired

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

bedpan posted:

when a group of vibrant young democrats tried to talk to dianne feinstein about the environment, she called them idiots, insulted their messages, and said they didn't understand.

sadly, she was right.

equally as sadly, there is a high likelihood that a many of those vibrant young democrats voted for her anyway in a future election.

Pretend I posted that former dem operative saying if you keep voting for them they don't have to listen to you.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Shear Modulus posted:

iirc they said pelosi's daughter was planning to run for her mom's seat when she retired

Not Feinstein's Senate seat? It's HER TURN

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shear Modulus posted:

lol she's 57

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

her progressive challenger will turn out to be a sex pest

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

it wasn't until this post that I realized pelosi's daughter is not kamala's daughter

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The Voice of Labor posted:

lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerontocracy

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

Pretend I posted that former dem operative saying if you keep voting for them they don't have to listen to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqRNnIMDkUY

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

The Voice of Labor posted:

A gay person that slept with a 21 year old when they were 24?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/elistokols/status/1661369071424749570?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Excited for two more years of Feinstein now that's entering the terminal decline phase.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

cat botherer posted:

Excited for two more years of Feinstein now that's entering the terminal decline phase.

equally excited for there to be no repercussions at the ballot box. the voters love her and love stuff like this else they wouldn't vote for it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

how could trump do this!?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they're doing the old classics again with the primary to replace her where barbara lee, katie porter, and adam schiff map perfectly onto bernie vs warren vs buttigieg/biden/generic empty suit democrat

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

they're doing the old classics again with the primary to replace her where barbara lee, katie porter, and adam schiff map perfectly onto bernie vs warren vs buttigieg/biden/generic empty suit democrat

I hope a Republican dark horse squeaks out a victory after Gavin and Nancy’s factions tear each other to pieces.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
been doing pretty well investing in nvdia after following Nancy's stock moves

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
looking forward to the democrats caving and agreeing to hell of cuts only to have to do it again in between 12 an fifteen months

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

looking forward to the democrats caving and agreeing to hell of cuts only to have to do it again in between 12 an fifteen months

I love the idea that the dems are just in there fighting tooth and nail to maintain the social safety net rather than just prolonging announcing the destruction of what little is left until the last minute to minimize backlash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Marg bar democrats