Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
probably helps too that i have my voices in japanese 😬 after hearing the voice Zelda and Rauru in english, I found myself not a fan of their actors.

Thunder Bear posted:

A similar conversation happened a few pages back and the general consensus for "most optimal two games" was TOTK and Mario Kart, which I back 100%. You can't go wrong.

as the recipient of that conversation, i would like to confirm i've been having good fun with totk and MK8, mk8 being a good quick game to play too in single player for a bit of fresh air before going into the wider world of zelda. both games are gorgeous. would recommend them as a first choice to start out with. keep in mind im a very easy person to please and can't play more than 1 to 2 hours a day tops because adult chores. yet they fit well in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Goddamn this Zelda game is addicting. My wife has had work dinners so i've just been plugging away at it and I think I have... about 10 hours in a couple days and I haven't even gone to the first major point yet (just got to Ruto land). This feels grand like on the scale of Elden Ring if not even bigger for some reason.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It has more objective variety than Elden Ring so it definitely feels bigger that way

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

B33rChiller posted:

Hey, been any new Kirby's lately?

Give me tears of the kingdom style open world but kirby.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Peach - Tears of the Kingdom

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Fortunately it looks like my daughter has taken a turn for the worse and has a pretty bad case of pneumonia or something (she's at the doctor now) so she's sleeping with Mrs SuperNintendoUser meaning I'm relegated to the couch in the den which happens to also be near the big tv.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Fortunately it looks like my daughter has taken a turn for the worse and has a pretty bad case of pneumonia or something

interesting start to a post

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sorry and/or congratulations OP

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

interesting start to a post

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

there's a thread title in there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
doing the zelda item pickup music/pose when my daughter gets hospitalized

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
:sever: and marry zelda op

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
most epic moments in gaming

* fighting sephiroth in ff7
* leaving the vault in fallout 3
* when my daughter has AIDs

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

doing the zelda item pickup music/pose when my daughter gets hospitalized
"she's doing better and we're about to head home"

*activates Recall ability*

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

I'm a little upset, my daughter is super sick, and when she's sick she sleeps in my bed with my wife, and I get relegated to the couch, which is in the Den with the big TV and the switch, but by Thursday she'll be better :negative:

Fortunately it looks like my daughter has taken a turn for the worse and has a pretty bad case of pneumonia or something (she's at the doctor now) so she's sleeping with Mrs SuperNintendoUser meaning I'm relegated to the couch in the den which happens to also be near the big tv.

A narrative in two parts.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

most epic moments in gaming

* fighting sephiroth in ff7
* leaving the vault in fallout 3
* when my daughter has AIDs

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

this is not helping your case

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Nintendo Switch: near the big tv

legit just cried laughing until my side hurt, man, sometimes the forums still brings it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

quick call an ambulance!!!

no need honey, we've got what we need right here *begins gluing a wheel, a fan and an 8-way joystick to a plank of wood*

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

i am 99% sure op is just terrible at writing clearly enough to convey emotions and maybe that fortunately should have been an unfortunately and the negative man was about his daughter being sick and not about his daughter getting better by thursday but sheesh

e: or hell maybe his priorities are one of a True Gamer

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The 7th Guest posted:

quick call an ambulance!!!

no need honey, we've got what we need right here *begins gluing a wheel, a fan and an 8-way joystick to a plank of wood*

honey put on your big back pack, it's about to get interesting

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 24, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the last of us intro but when his daughter gets bitten joel pogs and starts playing mario + rabbids 2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this Nier remake is going in interesting directions

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish I could remember the goon, but they and their wife lost their child permanently to child services because they played too much world of warcraft lmao.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Super-Nintendouser coming back from the hospital: "Now the good new first honey- we don't need to share the PS5 anymore"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Endorph posted:

the last of us intro but when his daughter gets bitten joel pogs and starts playing mario + rabbids 2

lmfao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
goonette wife: the doctor said it's complications from covid. they don't know how long she'll have to stay inpatient. christ i don't know what to do
me setting up the switch dock on my 65'' OLED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rddRQyBmBkw

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

I'm just happy that SA posts will be used as evidence in a landmark family court case

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

I said come in! posted:

I wish I could remember the goon, but they and their wife lost their child permanently to child services because they played too much world of warcraft lmao.

Was that the same goon that tearfully gave their dog away because they didn’t have enough time to walk them but then someone found their 10,000 hour WoW account?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

hatty posted:

Was that the same goon that tearfully gave their dog away because they didn’t have enough time to walk them but then someone found their 10,000 hour WoW account?

nope, separate goons. the first one was in e/n and the second one was wow forum poster Wojtek

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
If it helps, she's currently chilling playing Lil Gator Game, she's been to her pediatrician this morning, I only need one more Skyview tower in TOTK, she has a prescription for an inhaler, and is recovering well.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Endorph posted:

Lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

:eyepop:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.