Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
yoooo Metal Slug 3 is on sale for the first time https://www.dekudeals.com/items/aca-neogeo-metal-slug-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

holy poo poo lmaoooooooooooo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Metal Slug 1 - 3 are the good ones right?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
They are very similar, MS4 and 5 are also very similar but MS2 and 3 have the most creativity and enemy variety IMO. None of them mechanically differ aside from some different Slug vehicle sections. I like MSX (2 Deluxe) and 3 the most because they do the Contra thing of getting real weird with it down the stretch, if you're gonna get one 3 or 2/X are solid.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Electromax posted:

They are very similar, MS4 and 5 are also very similar but MS2 and 3 have the most creativity and enemy variety IMO. None of them mechanically differ aside from some different Slug vehicle sections. I like MSX (2 Deluxe) and 3 the most because they do the Contra thing of getting real weird with it down the stretch, if you're gonna get one 3 or 2/X are solid.

yep, 1, 2, X, and 3 are the ones to get. 3 gets unreasonably difficult by the end so if you're into 1CCs start with an earlier entry

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Can this get added to the op?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

loving lmao

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

We are witnessing a new goon legend.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I said come in! posted:

I wish I could remember the goon, but they and their wife lost their child permanently to child services because they played too much world of warcraft lmao.

He got his kid back, there was a whole success story thread about it

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Fortunately it looks like my daughter has taken a turn for the worse and has a pretty bad case of pneumonia or something (she's at the doctor now) so she's sleeping with Mrs SuperNintendoUser meaning I'm relegated to the couch in the den which happens to also be near the big tv.

goldmine

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hearing the sonic drowning music in my head when the doctor says my daughter can be discharged this afternoon

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
another piece of the rich mosaic of posts for noteable goon JerkMcjerkface

Doctor said she has Asthma and it's being triggered by seasonal allergies so they prescribed her some inhalers. Their super expensive, though, the course is like $100. I'm going to jump off my roof with a bed sheet as a parachute and pull them out of my pocket real quick and see if I can get some for free.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

doing the zelda item pickup music/pose when my daughter gets hospitalized

Feels Villeneuve posted:

hearing the sonic drowning music in my head when the doctor says my daughter can be discharged this afternoon

The 7th Guest posted:

quick call an ambulance!!!

no need honey, we've got what we need right here *begins gluing a wheel, a fan and an 8-way joystick to a plank of wood*

The 7th Guest posted:

"she's doing better and we're about to head home"

*activates Recall ability*

I've never laughed this hard in the Switch thread, holy poo poo. :perfect:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Goldmine

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

most epic moments in gaming

* fighting sephiroth in ff7
* leaving the vault in fallout 3
* when my daughter has AIDs

The 7th Guest posted:

"she's doing better and we're about to head home"

*activates Recall ability*

lmfao

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Super-NintendoUser posted:

another piece of the rich mosaic of posts for noteable goon JerkMcjerkface

Doctor said she has Asthma and it's being triggered by seasonal allergies so they prescribed her some inhalers. Their super expensive, though, the course is like $100. I'm going to jump off my roof with a bed sheet as a parachute and pull them out of my pocket real quick and see if I can get some for free.

Legit glad to hear she's getting better (or will be), but also lmao

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

:laffo:

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

lmao, goddamn

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Oh my god this loving thread lmao

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahaha :golfclap:

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The perfect thread doesn't really exi-

Oh my.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

It's times like this that remind me why I'm still posting on these dead gay forums

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Some Namco games are also on sale for the first time. I'm begging, begging people to play Valkyrie it's that good

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

God drat!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Willo567 posted:

Some Namco games are also on sale for the first time. I'm begging, begging people to play Valkyrie it's that good
The English-language link on their Twitter is broken because they do social media good, but basically, Hamster are are running a "big sale" to mark 50 Namco Arcade Archives releases.

30% off Namco Games:
Dragon Spirit, Gaplus, Yokai Douchuki, The Legend of Valkyrie, Dragon Buster, The Genji and the Heike Clans, Xevious, Mappy, Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man

and 50% off Neo-Geo games:
Metal Slug 3, Zed Blade, Samurai Shodown IV, NAM-1975, Art of Fighting 2, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Aero Fighters 3, King of Fighters '97, Top Hunter Roddy & Cathy, Super Baseball 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

speaking of metal slug wtf happened to metal slug tactics

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Feels Villeneuve posted:

doing the zelda item pickup music/pose when my daughter gets hospitalized

lmao

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Imagine the Majora's Mask moon slowly coming closer and closer, but it's your daughter's face.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Read After Burning posted:

Imagine the Majora's Mask moon slowly coming closer and closer, but it's your daughter's face.

lmao

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

The Kins posted:

The English-language link on their Twitter is broken because they do social media good, but basically, Hamster are are running a "big sale" to mark 50 Namco Arcade Archives releases.

30% off Namco Games:
Dragon Spirit, Gaplus, Yokai Douchuki, The Legend of Valkyrie, Dragon Buster, The Genji and the Heike Clans, Xevious, Mappy, Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man

and 50% off Neo-Geo games:
Metal Slug 3, Zed Blade, Samurai Shodown IV, NAM-1975, Art of Fighting 2, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Aero Fighters 3, King of Fighters '97, Top Hunter Roddy & Cathy, Super Baseball 2020

Don't know if it's any fun to play but Genji and Heike Clans looks awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icHsFQb07wo

Also yeah that Valkyrie game is hella cool, just played a bit. As with most arcade games it's much better in motion and the controls feel great

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 24, 2023

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Just Andi Now posted:

Duping is pretty easy in this game. There's several ways, but the one I've got working very consistently is as follows. (Read at your own risk. You will be forever changed.) Do a shield surf while running forward. During the flip animation, enter your inventory and hold any items you want to dupe up to 5. Then press Y and B at the same time. You'll drop duplicates of all the items. Do this into a pool of water to avoid losing shield durability, and also so that bomb flowers don't explode on you.

The paraglider method appears to be very similar.

Thank you for this! I don’t feel like this ruins anything cause I’m not struggling with combat, so not worrying about stupid consumables is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

beer gas canister posted:

Don't know if it's any fun to play but Genji and Heike Clans looks awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icHsFQb07wo

Also yeah that Valkyrie game is hella cool, just played a bit. As with most arcade games it's much better in motion and the controls feel great

I've played Genji - it's janky but it has a certain charm to it. It was very popular in Japan but never released here except for a PC-Engine port titled Samurai Ghost, which just had the side-scrolling levels.