Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

LargeHadron posted:

OP somehow seems like the most well-adjusted person on the forums. The outside world is gonna ruin him :(

it's all about perspective, my friend. make friends with your inner dialogue. thoughts can either be your ruin or your salvation. it's all in how you 'do your time', whether in prison or not.

treat yourselves well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

harveys zoo zoos posted:

thank you for this. i must have read the tao te ching a million times but never knew about her translation. i will definitely check it out. she is hugely influential to me too. i was deeply saddened when i heard about her death.

i wrote to ursula in my 5th year or so and she did write back. it was just a short note from her saying thank you and wishing me well. that note was lost in a shakedown with a lot of other stuff. stephen king did not write me back hahaha

I wouldn't take it personally that King didn't write you back, he was busy at the time doing more cocaine than some entire counries

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Neukoln19 posted:

Don’t pay three olives any mins - if prison cells had a separate faucet for chilled water he’d be serving life

Do you honestly think I would drink unfiltered tap water?

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

Space Kablooey posted:

Hey OP, are you doing therapy or did therapy when you were inside?

You seem to have a pretty level head now, but I'm wondering this because it will only help you in the long run.

yes i am in therapy. aside from helping with the transition we are addressing my fairly bad body dysmorphic disorder that i';ve had my entire life.

there is no true rehabilitation inside except for the guards slamming the cell doors shut and yelling 'rehabilitate yourselves' and 'read your bible'

we did have some self-help groups. i got my ged while inside though.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Three Olives posted:

Do you honestly think I would drink unfiltered tap water?

Well, what would you do if the commissary ran out of Fresca®? Just wait?

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

hey i notice there is a rap sheet thing for each user

could i get an entry on mine that says murder hahaha i think that would be darkly funny

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I think normally that would be a permanent ban. Odd situation where its on the back end instead though. Kinda like watching a 100,000 hour probation expire.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
We now just say suck a dick instead of suck a dick no homo.

Because inside were all a little homo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

harveys zoo zoos posted:

could i get an entry on mine that says murder hahaha i think that would be darkly funny

a 6er for murder would be funny, yes

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
who's gonna catch OP up on the Marvel Cinematic Universe

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

mutantIke posted:

who's gonna catch OP up on the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Good unfunny quipman punch bad sympathetic stompyman.

Did I miss any?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

harveys zoo zoos posted:

there is no true rehabilitation inside except for the guards slamming the cell doors shut and yelling 'rehabilitate yourselves' and 'read your bible'

sorry but i laughed

kntfkr posted:

a 6er for murder would be funny, yes

also this. op gets SA already

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

I think normally that would be a permanent ban. Odd situation where its on the back end instead though. Kinda like watching a 100,000 hour probation expire.

according to this poster, joke probations are illegal.

case closed.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

harveys zoo zoos posted:

poon-poon was in on drug charges and was all about pussy. can i say that word here i don't know, i'm sorry if i shouldnt
buddy if this site ever decides to start cracking down on a man's right to write Pussy, we're throwing a prison riot.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

Have we ever had a post incarceration murderer? I thought permas were for murderous goons that kill as active users.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

harveys zoo zoos posted:

it's all about perspective, my friend. make friends with your inner dialogue. thoughts can either be your ruin or your salvation. it's all in how you 'do your time', whether in prison or not.

treat yourselves well.

god drat, the ex-con who gets out of jail and signs up for the SA forums in the year our lord 2023 posts some of the best advice I've ever read on the internet

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

Three Olives posted:

Have we ever had a post incarceration murderer? I thought permas were for murderous goons that kill as active users.

so is this something that has happened

wow

i really don't want to be banned, i like it here so far

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

harveys zoo zoos posted:

can probably be arranged if youre fine with not being able to post for 6 hours

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

haha if i can do solitary for a month i think i can handle 6 hours of not posting

if you're wondering, the longest stay in solitary i can remember for an inmate was 3 years. there was probably someone who was in longer though

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

harveys zoo zoos posted:

so is this something that has happened

wow

i really don't want to be banned, i like it here so far

There was famously a goon who posted in the gun subforum years ago about buying ammo to protect his pumpkins on Halloween and he ended up murdering someone.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Do your terms of release let you move?

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

ikanreed posted:

Do your terms of release let you move?

within my own area, yes with approval. to another state, in my case, yes but not for a long time. it's ultimately up to the po and the state's laws. i can travel to another state as long as i get approval.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
presumably you can't leave the country but fortunately the internet is riddled with foreigners

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

what are the demographics here

i imagine it is mostly north american men but does the site have a lot of people from europe and other places

my prison was mostly white, i'd say maybe 55%, then black, then asian-american, then latino. i don't know why we had more asian-americans than latinos.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's like 95% white men probably

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

op yoiu never answered my question about docking

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

i dont know that reference, i'm sorry

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
the site does have women but yes mostly NA men. Good chunk of Europeans, British, Finnish, German, Italian to name the ones I'm 100% certain of. Australians and Kiwis. At least two brazilians

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Why the dislike of capital letters?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

the site does have women but yes mostly NA men. Good chunk of Europeans, British, Finnish, German, Italian to name the ones I'm 100% certain of. Australians and Kiwis. At least two brazilians

We had that one that lived in Libya.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

Baxter posted:

Why the dislike of capital letters?

i have a lovely old computer and the shift key doesn't work well so most of the time i ignore it

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Three Olives posted:

:lmao:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
OP you seem better adjusted than most of this site's deranged freaks and would probably be better off leaving the internet forever, but oh well.

Anyway, if you're getting a gaming computer and like tallships there are a few naval-oriented pirate games you might want to check out, namely Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and maybe Sea of Thieves.

Oh yeah, you said that your friend Lamar had been in the clink for 30 years when you got there. Not to be gauche, but I'm guessing he's out and/or dead now, right? What'd he do?

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

Mordja posted:

OP you seem better adjusted than most of this site's deranged freaks and would probably be better off leaving the internet forever, but oh well.

Anyway, if you're getting a gaming computer and like tallships there are a few naval-oriented pirate games you might want to check out, namely Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and maybe Sea of Thieves.

Oh yeah, you said that your friend Lamar had been in the clink for 30 years when you got there. Not to be gauche, but I'm guessing he's out and/or dead now, right? What'd he do?

hmm yes i think some naval games would be cool, thanks

yes, lamar died while inside and it wrecked me and some other people. he was in for a double homicide.

lamar is one of the things i won't talk about much. at least right now

harveys zoo zoos fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 24, 2023

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Three Olives posted:

Hey now, there were two in Libya. Then one of those went to Syria.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

At least twothree brazilians

ftfy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

We now just say suck a dick instead of suck a dick no homo.

Because inside were all a little homo

There are probably a bunch of insults and slurs for gays, transgendered, and the mentally challenged that were super common when you went into prison that you should remove from your vocabulary ASAP.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

CannonFodder posted:

Hey now, there were two in Libya. Then one of those went to Syria.

caro did 5 years hard time in syria for being an idiot

the fact he survived is miraculous

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

i've heard every slur imaginable and then some. one of the cardinal rules inside is 'watch what you say and who you say it to'. slurs could and would get you beat down or worse i dont think i'll have a problem keeping them out of my posting. i think the thing that kept me safe inside is that i'm one of those people that has never met a stranger, i can get along with anyone. im not at all threatening in my speech or manner. that was one of the things that hurt my mom so much when i went inside, she said i was always so jovial and kind and gregarious as a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

PostNouveau posted:

There are probably a bunch of insults and slurs for gays, transgendered, and the mentally challenged that were super common when you went into prison that you should remove from your vocabulary ASAP.

That or you can come post in the cum town thread where we're still cool.