Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The F in AF stands for Feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Microplastics posted:

I'm now imagining a game where you post s cropped piece of a cartoon and everyone else has to work out what the cartoon is about.
90% of politoons would end up like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZna1zkWUF8

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Daniel Christie on the fast and furious Tories – It’s a race to the bottom with the home secretary’s speeding fine, foreign secretary’s jet-setting and deteriorating rights under Sunak’s government" Also Fast X review – more overcranked nonsense with Vin Diesel and co

Telegraph:

BLM moves in under Tate Britain's 'inclusive' rehang; "Tate Britain has turned ‘a walk through British art’ into a hectoring history lesson"

gently caress Off Matt:

Teacher who 'misgendered' pupil banned from profession

Independent:

Times:

Dominic Raab to resign as MP after ‘pressure of job on family’

Evening Standard:

‘No ministerial intervention’ in decision to refer Johnson to police, Chalk says

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Microplastics posted:

I'm now imagining a game where you post s cropped piece of a cartoon and everyone else has to work out what the cartoon is about.

I have had a lark before by erasing the labels from politoons and challenging friends to guess what they're about. Could you guess what this Varvel was about without any text in it?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Biden Bad.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Not only did the Republicans pass another massive tax cut for the rich at the first possible opportunity in 2017, they had to scale back a little because they found out they're not allowed to blow up the deficit more than $1.5 trillion with a single bill.

Why isn't the media response just always that when they act like they care about the debt

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Biden Bad.

How about a translation for the non-German speaking goons? :colbert:

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Guavanaut posted:

Yes, it's an inherent problem of FPTP voting. Does Ted have a preferred alternative system?

Yes, as it happens! A monarchy with Ted Rall as philosopher king.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
So Minnesota passed a huge swath of progressive bills recently. You can read about it here.

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1660846689450688514?s=20

Since he's located in Minnesota, I can only imagine the level of seething Branco is at.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Angepain posted:

ok so apparently Brinks is a US security company, which makes more sense than my initial interpretation that the US economy is a van full of brinks. hello I would like to buy three Brinks please.

A Brinks depot was robbed in my city in 1993 and the money funneled by a priest in NYC to help fund the IRA.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Youremother posted:

I have had a lark before by erasing the labels from politoons and challenging friends to guess what they're about. Could you guess what this Varvel was about without any text in it?

Biden isn’t doing anything about debt, but also at the same time inflation?!? That’s my guess.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Stay tuned for Tina Turner cartoons.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
loving prickly city

*two characters composed of vague shapes floating in a void*
"boy the symptoms sure are bad huh?"
"yeah, really bad. really bad"
"but the disease is good!"
"oh yeah, can't wait to vote for the disease!"

edit:
pages ago but there was some discussion and i just wanted to point out that this is a meme. he just redrew a meme into a comic. you know those weird "npc" drawings where their head is shaped like a leaky faucet or whatever? to imply that you're an npc who doesn't think? this is just a redraw of one of those. same pose and everything, of a line drawing of a person with surgery scars and grafted body parts drooling and saying "i'm a male".
it's not some big metaphor or point, just a lazy redraw of someone else's work.

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 24, 2023

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The Haitian posted:

Not really sure which Kellies category this belongs in, something like "Most pointless non-Prickly City" or "Worst Both-Sides-ism"?

New category: Overall Blandest?
The category for a cartoon that uses plenty of :words: but manages to not actually say anything.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Went and fixed that duck cartoon.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

The unbearable weight of debt by Shi Yu

Le Monde

by Dilem from Algeria
Bachar Al-Assad breaks his isolation

Charlie Hebdo

[nws]Breasts during an implied rape

What will you give up to save the planet? in order from left to right
Take less plane rides: "We're only exiled once per year!"; Travel by sail instead of diesel: "We couldn't find a catamaran on LeBonCoin." A sort of Craigslist; Give Up Meat: Only animal meat!; Reduce my use of electricity: "Every night I turn off the respirators."; Recycle: signs read Men, Women, Children; Stop wasting water: I call the water-planes on off-peak hours."; Switch to Electric: "Only if the government allows wheelchairs on highways."; gently caress less to save humanity: "I swear, after her, we'll stop!."

These two accompany a book review on jihadism in Europe

He found his daughter in an artist squat.
"Are you enjoying slumming it?"

Military budget: 413 billion euro to buy berets
"To say hi to the Russians when they show up.

Tariq Ramadan has been acquitted
The words that seduced the judge
"Suck my dick."

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Stay tuned for Tina Turner cartoons.

I remember back in high school, my computer science teacher was a huge fan of her. I don't really have anything to add, just felt that was a funny tidbit.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Daniel Christie on Liz Truss and the £12,000 bill – Former PM disputing bill relating to use of Chevening grace-and-favour house"

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Daniel Christie on the fast and furious Tories – It’s a race to the bottom with the home secretary’s speeding fine, foreign secretary’s jet-setting and deteriorating rights under Sunak’s government" Also Fast X review – more overcranked nonsense with Vin Diesel and co

i mean it's not as bad as the first one, but still curious who on the guardian editorial team daniel christie is loving

a truly terrifying depiction of a horrific danger to british society. also behind them a bunch of muslims going about their business

Angepain fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 24, 2023

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Yes, it's an inherent problem of FPTP voting. Does Ted have a preferred alternative system?
Ted's opinion on the military takeover of Myanmar was that a military junta sounds bad but their democracy couldn't stop the military for committing genocides so who knows what is worse. He argues with the trend that it's less the "FPTP" and more the "voting" that he has an issue with.

Also while it's almost certainly going to be Biden vs. Trump that hasn't been decided yet and once again Ted's skipping over that part. Also also he depend the entire 2020 election season arguing both candidates suck and everyone should vote for a third candidate without ever mentioning a single one.

Anyway, :australia:

Pope:

Albanese appeared at a Modi rally at Olympic Park where he said this was a bigger crowd that Springsteen could pull and called Modi "The Boss".

Rowe:

They are arguing the Voice in parliament as they legislate to hold the referendum; Scott Morrison gave a rare post-PM speech to parliament about how the Voice is "gambling with the constitution".

Knight 1:

Victorian budget. One of the big infrastructure projects of the Andrews government is replacing level crossings.

Knight 2:

Dyson:

Spooner:

The Australian has an article about how some Labor branches are pushing to halve agriculture emissions and end native logging, presumably the ones that are under pressure from the Greens.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

InsertPotPun posted:

edit:

pages ago but there was some discussion and i just wanted to point out that this is a meme. he just redrew a meme into a comic. you know those weird "npc" drawings where their head is shaped like a leaky faucet or whatever? to imply that you're an npc who doesn't think? this is just a redraw of one of those. same pose and everything, of a line drawing of a person with surgery scars and grafted body parts drooling and saying "i'm a male".
it's not some big metaphor or point, just a lazy redraw of someone else's work.

Wouldn't be anywhere near the first time he's thrown wojak poo poo into the comic or traced lovely rightwing memes.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 25, 2023

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

Dave Whamond

Mike Thompson

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

That's not at all what an F-16 looks like Jeff. And why is Zelensky getting into a plane in midair?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Marshall Ramsey

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

I couldn't understand why Varvel was making a comic about being sad that war was dead, and then I got it.

Good job, me :dumbbravo:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson axing his government lawyers – Boris Johnson has severed ties with government lawyers supporting him during the Covid inquiry, with allies saying he had ‘lost faith’ in the system after he was reported to police over fresh Partygate allegations"

Telegraph:

Food producers are keeping prices high, says Andrew Bailey

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Net migration to UK climbs to new record of 606,000

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

God that difference in art styles between the white lady and black man.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
All i could see was this.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I mean, yeah. A completely unrelated thing would in fact not cover that.

My cookbooks also have a dearth of information about the Franco-Prussian War.

This isn't an own unless everyone involved doesn't know how reading works.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Gary Markstein

Well this didn't age well!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
The cartoon hasn't aged well either

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Is there a reason it's Hillary saying it? My assumption is Skelley is just throwing her in as a shorthand for "person I hate". Also what the gently caress does the Durham report have to do with Florida?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And why does the guy have dirty armpits?

No wait there's an easy answer to that, skelly.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I dont know posted:

Is there a reason it's Hillary saying it? My assumption is Skelley is just throwing her in as a shorthand for "person I hate". Also what the gently caress does the Durham report have to do with Florida?

"I read the Durham report and it says Hillary lied about Trump and Russia. Therefore she lies about everything. Therefore if she says things are bad in Florida, that means everything's fine in Florida."

— someone who didn't actually read the Durham report

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I dont know posted:

I think she tweeted something the other day about the study saying Florida was dangerous for minorities on account of all the Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan MAGA running around.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies Nomination: Worst cartoon about... nothing. There is nothing going on here. Just Branco throwing every one of his Biden jokes into a pile.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies Nomination: Worst A Thing Happened
I didn't want to let this one slip through the cracks. So many things you could reference in your stupid hack pearly gates cartoon about Tina Turner but this psycho's first thought is she was a victim of domestic abuse and her ex-husband is burning in hell.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Korthal posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst cartoon about... nothing. There is nothing going on here. Just Branco throwing every one of his Biden jokes into a pile.
We'll have to exempt drunky duck and Prickly City the same way we do Gorrell for laziest if this is going to be a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

God these comics where white artists draw black people saying "um actually I don't think racism is a big deal at all, actually" are getting more prevalent by the loving day.