Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

pacerwpg posted:

It's a thing that Microsoft Excel professionals do.

there are dozens of us!

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

its_my_birthday posted:

I’m gonna cook a giant pork loin in the oven tonight but it’s gonna take forevvvveeeerrrr so I’m gonna eat a salmon lox and cream cheese bagel sandwich while the pork is cooking and just put the pork loin in the fridge for later this week once it’s done.

Pork loin is the only thing I’ve found with a price per lb comparable to chicken breast and there’s something about a big ol 2-3 lb slab of boneless meat that just feels right to the caveman part of the brain

I really like pork loin, it's pretty lean so it can be over cooked pretty easily, but it's great when done well.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Hey wait I failed to post sexy kitty on the last page

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I really like pork loin, it's pretty lean so it can be over cooked pretty easily, but it's great when done well.

How do you like to season it?

I’m gonna do blackened season on it when I get home but it seems like pretty much anything would work

When I cooked it before I seared it before putting it into the oven but I don’t think that added much. I’m prob just gonna let it raw dog in the oven after it’s seasoned this time

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

its_my_birthday posted:

How do you like to season it?

I’m gonna do blackened season on it when I get home but it seems like pretty much anything would work

When I cooked it before I seared it before putting it into the oven but I don’t think that added much. I’m prob just gonna let it raw dog in the oven after it’s seasoned this time

you making a gravy? a loin calls for gravy.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
No, because I dont know how but also cause I’d have to go to the store

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Just put it in the crockpot with a sliced onion and a bottle of sweet baby rays bbq sauce and some beer.

Instant (in 12 hrs at low heat) pulled pork.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I fell and hit my head then poo poo my pants while watching the start of Mission Impossible 1 and I had to listen to the theme song as i crawled up the stairs screaming for help

The 5000 Page Thread: I fell and hit my head then poo poo my pants while watching the start of Mission Impossible 1 and I had to listen to the theme song as i crawled up the stairs screaming for help

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Also happy burfday Fartknocker.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I filled an order for a patient named David Lander but it's not Squiggy because he's dead :(

Can't believe Squiggy fucken died. RIP to a real one.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Beer Gay So What posted:

a loin calls for gravy.

:hmmyes:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

its_my_birthday posted:

No, because I dont know how but also cause I’d have to go to the store

melted butter and flour roux with some seasoning then stir in the drippin's

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Dry rubbin'!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

The 5000 Page Thread: I fell and hit my head then poo poo my pants while watching the start of Mission Impossible 1 and I had to listen to the theme song as i crawled up the stairs screaming for help

someone make the mods increase the title length limit

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hmm Lemme Workshop This. We might Lose the 5000 Page Thread Monicker for the weekend.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
No dice. I can't paint such a bold and vivid picture with so few characters

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The 5000 Page Thread: Must Read Mission Impossible Shitpost on Page 2655

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

what is the limit? does this fit?

The 5000 Page Thread: hit my head then poo poo my pants while watching the start of Mission Impossible 1

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I don't think we can just go and lose the 5000 page thread from the title

I would allow a shortening like "5k page thread" or something though

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

TIP posted:

what is the limit? does this fit?

The 5000 Page Thread: hit my head then poo poo my pants while watching the start of Mission Impossible 1

I can do that w/o the 5000 page thread part, I forgot how many character limit and I'm too lazy to look it up, my mind is melted from listening to the Ron Desantis Twitter Space for like two minutes

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

TIP posted:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TIP posted:

:hmmyes:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

how are we supposed to work under these restrictions :mad:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm telling you guys!!!!! it's too long!!! I can't paint such a vivid, complex picture with so few characters!!! Astral is restraining us from becoming our TRUE selves!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

That's a defeatist attitide

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

That's a defeatist attitide

yeah they got all kinds of penis dlc these days

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

bagmonkey posted:

I'm telling you guys!!!!! it's too long!!! I can't paint such a vivid, complex picture with so few characters!!! Astral is restraining us from becoming our TRUE selves!

I found a thread in GBS with an 84 character title, so this would work:
The 5K Page Thread: hit my head & poo poo my pants while watching mission impossible 1

it does lose a little flavor in the edit

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

TIP posted:

I found a thread in GBS with an 84 character title, so this would work:
The 5K Page Thread: hit my head & poo poo my pants while watching mission impossible 1

it does lose a little flavor in the edit

thanks TIP, I appreciate you, I didn't want to do any work, so thank you, I did not have to do any work

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If I’m feeling real lazy for dinner sometimes I’ll get one of those pre-seasoned pork loins from the store and throw it in the oven and make an easy side like steamed broccoli. If I’m feeling more ambitious I’ll get a real one and it gets a healthy rub of Tony Chachere’s and some time on the grill.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Huh, Tina Turner just died - I didn't know she was still alive, but it's still a little bit sad.

As a tribute, the absolute peak of tasteful 80s culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIe7N3zH5eU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

You guys are doing a great job not being a slob like me, the most effort I could muster is to eat a handful of roast beef out of the package and half a romaine head like an apple

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If I’m feeling real lazy for dinner sometimes I’ll get one of those pre-seasoned pork loins from the store and throw it in the oven and make an easy side like steamed broccoli. If I’m feeling more ambitious I’ll get a real one and it gets a healthy rub of Tony Chachere’s and some time on the grill.

if I'm feeling real lazy for dinner it's much lazier than this

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

You guys are doing a great job not being a slob like me, the most effort I could muster is to eat a handful of roast beef out of the package and half a romaine head like an apple

I would probably be dead if protein shakes didn't exist

it's just about the laziest meal possible AND I NEED THAT

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Computer viking posted:

Huh, Tina Turner just died - I didn't know she was still alive, but it's still a little bit sad.

I barely check the news anymore because I hate everything in the news, so thank you 5kpt for informing me of one thing I actually care a little about

Also that is pretty sad but she had a good run

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

very chaotic neutral sandwich imo

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna watch the Tina Turner documentary tonight I think, she was a super badass woman

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I've been doing one of those pork loins about once a week for months now, I cut the leftovers real thin and use it for sandwiches the next couple days

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Computer viking posted:

it's weird, yesterday this thread was all about savage garden, a band I came to hate because my sister played them on a loop

now tina turner, someone who I largely avoided because that same sister was so obsessed with her at a young age, but I could never actually hate her because tina was actually good

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

5.84 pounds of meat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
Ignore the stove splatter plz I’m gonna clean it when this is in the oven and I got room on top again