Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Twitter Spaces keeps crashing. loving :lol:

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1661495497939619841?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1661495340913115147

Seems to be going well

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

elon is still so hurt over trump not coming back

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1661497044949688321

edit: https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1661498075548991495

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lmao the msm would never be able to competently present video and audio to an audience of less than a million, it's over for them

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think people are just creating Twitter spaces to mess with their servers even more

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Oh God they're trying to cobble it together and they're patting themselves on the back for Twitter breaking.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
it's working now iwth only 80k people in it lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Rapid unscheduled downtime

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
This is the most amateur hour poo poo imaginable. It makes Trump's escalator announcement look brilliant by comparison.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Thundercracker posted:

This is the most amateur hour poo poo imaginable. It makes Trump's escalator announcement look brilliant by comparison.

I mean it was, because it made headlines.

Every newssite is headlining Tina Turner being dead, which, you know, bad timing and all, but even so, lol.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
"Tonight's Twitter Spaces was a resounding success. There were so many people interested in watching and listening that the servers couldn't keep up. The unprecedented numbers would have taken any server down. No server anywhere in the world could have handled that kind of popularity and number of viewers."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr Scumbag posted:

"Tonight's Twitter Spaces was a resounding success. There were so many people interested in watching and listening that the servers couldn't keep up. The unprecedented numbers would have taken any server down. No server anywhere in the world could have handled that kind of popularity and number of viewers."

To be fair i dont think i have seen a company yet who can have the focused attention of the internet and handle it super well, because the whole architecture has so many failure points and most companies cheap out on server power

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

rotinaj posted:

To be fair i dont think i have seen a company yet who can have the focused attention of the internet and handle it super well, because the whole architecture has so many failure points and most companies cheap out on server power

Amazon?

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

rotinaj posted:

Twitch and YouTube have had multiple streams with 1M+ users watching

and that's high def video not just audio

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Holy poo poo, is this another e-front ICQ call?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
why would they do an announcement at 6pm eastern time when many people are at or traveling home from work havent these loving clowns ever heard of prime time

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

rotinaj posted:

Youtube handle at least 1.5m people on Sony's main channel for their live hour showcase today. And that's just the main channel. There were countless other livestreams going simultaneously. Like IGN had almost a million alone.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

rotinaj posted:

Twitch, Youtube, and FB all have orders of magnitude higher live streams going round the clock 365.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1661502375818067968

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

rotinaj posted:

nah its not hard to do streaming live video at scale these days its very cacheable. i worked somewhere we supported 1.5 million concurrents live and the servers were not even breaking a sweat. that was 10 years ago at <not a tech giant by any stretch>

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
yeah, thats fair, but comparing anyone to the faang companies is kinda particle man vs universe man.

Youtube at least iirc hugely compensates for that by having different server farms and local storage in different parts of the country and such

Elong fired all the folk who coulda done that, or sold them iff for parts, lol

Guess i just meant how often companies will launch stuff and day one servers get hammered so hard the whole thing goes down

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

This poo poo sucks

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how come birdspaces is crashing, but the 2 hour movies had decent buffering and super caching.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

PhazonLink posted:

how come birdspaces is crashing, but the 2 hour movies had decent buffering and super caching.

:lol: jesus christ, even in my extremely-giving-too-much-credit state, i can’t even

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

I mean it was, because it made headlines.

Every newssite is headlining Tina Turner being dead, which, you know, bad timing and all, but even so, lol.

I wish reality would cut the headlines about Ron and Turner in half and swap the front halves.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Underwhelmed posted:

I wish reality would cut headlines about Ron and Turner in half, and swap the front halves.

BREAKING: Tina Turner announces 2024 Presidential campaign, Ron DeSantis dead at however old he was.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
more like Ron DenialofserviceSantis

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
You just know that Elon would watch the classic bluescreen crash at the Windows 95 expo and laugh to himself, secure in the knowledge he'd never be such a loser as that Bill Gates dork.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Elon might not have single-handedly crashed Meatball Ron's campagin, but this shitshow absolutely did not help it.

Holy poo poo, this is just sad.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1661499049931943942?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Here is an entire article from Politico in one screenshot:

There is no text beneath that. That's the whole article.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Sacks also tried to make up some weird excuse how it crashed because Musk has so many followers, which has nothing to do with the Twitter Space.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I bet meatball's wife is going to make him attack elon for loving up her big day.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think 100k concurrent is a little more than the weird French streamer gets daily

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1661507299804848129?s=20

What the hell it's almost over? Didn't Elon say they'd take questions from actual people?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I watched counterstrike this past weekend with nearly 2 million other people at the same time and it worked fine. Maybe meatball should have contacted twitch instead.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Halisnacks posted:

I wish the Democrats were as extreme as these “moderates” fear.

No poo poo.
Republicans have shifted so far right Reagan is effectively a Democrat now.

rotinaj posted:

I would like to respond to that tweet with this:

But that would require me to log into my twitter account and i haven’t logged into twitter lately without massively regretting it

I did it for you. You're welcome.

PhazonLink posted:

I noticed that! Shrek streamed beautifully for me, all the way through, and I paused multiple times to do actual work. Meanwhile normal short videos sometimes won't play, only play part-way, etc.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

bragging about crowd turnout is a classic bit of Republican theatre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

coelomate posted:

Here is an entire article from Politico in one screenshot:

There is no text beneath that. That's the whole article.

LOL.