Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lister posted:

Ironically, there's another guy who opens pokemon card packs on his channel and says bad words in his videos. The system has been flagging his content as "for kids" when he expressly sets them as not for children and even putting disclaimers at the beginning of his videos saying as much. He got the same bullshit rlm and everybody on youtube gets when they request a manual review, and it comes back 60 seconds later as being upheld.

Hence RLM uploading a video of a cat sleeping to a lullaby. They're checking if their whole channel has been marked age-restricted automatically or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
They're gonna start flagging for making fun of YT policies soon

SASSBACK DETECTED

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1661446621014687750?s=46&t=nGLHvHjFd0Mgr2TKVx4enQ

I just can’t imagine why this is closing

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

On drat...

quote:

“For almost 90 years, the Directors Guild has fought fiercely to protect the credit and recognition deserved by Directors for the work they create,” said DGA President Lesli Linka Glatter. “Warner Bros. Discovery’s unilateral move, without notice or consultation, to collapse directors, writers, producers and others into a generic category of ‘creators’ in their new Max rollout while we are in negotiations with them is a grave insult to our members and our union. This devaluation of the individual contributions of artists is a disturbing trend and the DGA will not stand for it. We intend on taking the strongest possible actions, in solidarity with the WGA, to ensure every artist receives the individual credit they deserve.”

The DGA is, by far, the most studio-friendly of the big four unions. If they're this pissed off, then you know Max hosed up deeply.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

https://www.reuters.com/world/singer-tina-turner-dies-aged-83-2023-05-24/

RIP Tina Turner, who ran Bartertown.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:mods:

oh no :(

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

You have been seen, my friend

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Master Blaster ran bartertown hth

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

She lived a great life and made it to 83, but it still feels like she died too young.

EDIT:

Silver linings - She outlived Ike by 15 years.

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 24, 2023

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

https://youtu.be/qGPBFvDz_HM

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

and yet kissinger still lives

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

That's not necessarily true, it's pretty common to do rewrites during filming.

What if they just don't write the edits down? Or just tell the actors to ad lib until its better than the og scene.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Charles Bukowski posted:

What if they just don't write the edits down? Or just tell the actors to ad lib until its better than the og scene.

Hahhahahahahhahahahwhwhwhwhwhhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahwhhwhahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahhhahahahahahahahhahahahahahshdhdjsjbdhdgsgush

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

Finally Paul Feig’s triumphant return

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

BTW I forgot who was asking about youtube, but if you have android newpipe is an app that dumps the commercials and you can play in the background, it's pretty rad.

i use newpipe to listen to RLM videos in the background while I walk my dog, like a podcast.

got the idea from Shatner.

Jay's getting really blatant these days, it's like he wants to get caught. Goodnight, sweet cats

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Adblock has a android browser that blocks all ads and lets you play stuff in the background in a mini window over other stuff. It owns and its totally free.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I tried that a while back and didn't like it but I forget why

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

kalel posted:

and yet kissinger still lives

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he's not dead, at least

alive, i'm not as sure

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

hes gonna be 100 in the next saturday

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

If SAG negotiations break down after June 7 and they strike too this is gonna get capital U ugly. The studios are not budging and resentment is growing.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

With any luck this finally tanks the American movie industry and the Vinegar Syndromes of the world can buy up every movie and release good rear end blurays of them.

I don’t think we need more movies. There’s enough.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

once scorsese dies, wrap it up

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

With any luck this finally tanks the American movie industry and the Vinegar Syndromes of the world can buy up every movie and release good rear end blurays of them.

I don’t think we need more movies. There’s enough.

But but the king dynasty!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well every union in Hollywood will be on strike or unwilling to cross picket lines. Sounds like its time for some new workers co-op studios to replace the old ones. This will have the added benefit of reducing movie budgets by like 95%.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kingo Ligma posted:

Hahhahahahahhahahahwhwhwhwhwhhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahwhhwhahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahhhahahahahahahahhahahahahahshdhdjsjbdhdgsgush

That's the kind of laughs you only get when you jettison writers and just let the talent riff, baby!!! hell, throw away editors! Kill me!!!!!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

as soon as we get brain scanners that let anyone turn their thoughts into movies, execs' kids can finally make their terrible garbage unperturbed by those peskies proles and their "art"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

kalel posted:

as soon as we get brain scanners that let anyone turn their thoughts into movies, execs' kids can finally make their terrible garbage unperturbed by those peskies proles and their "art"

nothing but monster trucks as far as the eye can see

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

kalel posted:

black mirror is so scary

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/andrewti/status/1661421834997493760?s=46

DoWhaIt
May 25, 2023

by Hand Knit
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/kenneth-anger-dead-experimental-filmmaker-1235499653/

RIP Kenneth Anger, pironeering experimental filmaker

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

There he is!

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

driftingmouse singlehandedly paying jeffrey's server bills, one dead pironeering experimental filmaker at a time

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Quoting this post for no particular reason, as I'm sure nothing will get unceremoniously tacked onto the bottom of it.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Her father is Ron Howard. She was in Parenthood at like age 9. When exactly has she struggled to get her foot in the door of the entertainment industry?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
"Nepotism? Not in my family!" - says modern human gollum, Clint Howard.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Her father is Ron Howard. She was in Parenthood at like age 9. When exactly has she struggled to get her foot in the door of the entertainment industry?

:thejoke:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its times like this that im reminded of that classic mad tv sketch, where oprah instructs her viewers struggling with poverty to "buy a mountain"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"could you post it?" absolutely. no problem. i got you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzsErLOip-Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
"I'm a hot redhead with a famous industry dad and a trust fund the size of the grand canyon, let me tell you how I cracked the industry through old fashioned stick-to-it-iveness" is pretty lol, but not as lol as this in the comments:

https://imdbjr.com/