Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Carlosologist posted:

Is there anyway to get to the Light Dragon from the sky? I’m aware that there’s a quest that lowers it to a reasonable height but gently caress that I want a challenge. I’m thinking a fan plane with a control stick could do the trick but where could I get that high

I’m also loling at 60 hours in and I’ve only just completed two temples and barely touched the depths. Masterpiece

I was able to reach it by waiting for the dragon to pass over Faron/Lake Hylia and flying a plane off the top of the cave you woke up in at the beginning of the game.

Augus fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I can’t find Penn anywhere. Tracy keeps telling me he’s at the Dueling Peaks stable, but I’ve already done the sidequest there. Does he stop showing up at some point?

Also I need better recipes cause I’m getting pretty sick of just steamed mushrooms and stewed fruit. Wasn’t there like a library or something in BotW that had all the recipes somewhere?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
so, fun fact: while it's trivial to protect yourself from lightning, your constructs are not so lucky

lightning just swatted my airbike out of the sky while i was navigating faron, lmao

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

My new favorite mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE47qUgwubc

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Can't ride on Ganondorf's shoulders, 0/10 mod.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Pollyanna posted:

Also I need better recipes cause I’m getting pretty sick of just steamed mushrooms and stewed fruit. Wasn’t there like a library or something in BotW that had all the recipes somewhere?
Keep an eye out in every inn, lots of stables, and quite a few houses too. There are recipe cards on the walls all over the place.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I'm salty that they made the old amiibo armor Officially Obtainable In Game but you still can't dye it

(I'm more salty that you can't use the Fashionista to transmog armor)

Wait, transmog?

Does that mean the game has a feature where your outer clothes can look like a different set than the bonus you're getting?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Wait, transmog?

Does that mean the game has a feature where your outer clothes can look like a different set than the bonus you're getting?

no they’re saying they wish it had that

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Carlosologist posted:

Is there anyway to get to the Light Dragon from the sky? I’m aware that there’s a quest that lowers it to a reasonable height but gently caress that I want a challenge. I’m thinking a fan plane with a control stick could do the trick but where could I get that high

I’m also loling at 60 hours in and I’ve only just completed two temples and barely touched the depths. Masterpiece

I got to it without lowering it from the tutorial island, go on top where the rewind shrine and battery shop is, and I was able to fly a glider with some fans to her

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Pollyanna posted:

I can’t find Penn anywhere. Tracy keeps telling me he’s at the Dueling Peaks stable, but I’ve already done the sidequest there. Does he stop showing up at some point?

The most subtle hint I can give he can fly

Spoilering since I’m outright telling you Hes on top of the stable

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

The twofan steering wheel can easily get to world height cap if you've got the juice.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Steve Yun posted:

What gets the most air

Bomb barrel shield, bombfruit shield, rocket shield

Bomb Shield into Rocket Shield :allears:

Please ignore that in this scenario the rocket shield will be horizontal, it's still more "air" :colbert:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mykroft posted:

The most subtle hint I can give he can fly

Spoilering since I’m outright telling you Hes on top of the stable

o gently caress me :cripes:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Carlosologist posted:

Made a reddit post about how I found it unintentionally so I'm just gonna copy/paste it here

I found the Light Dragon completely on accident from this sky island (at the player icon) https://imgur.com/a/KQNvexs

The island is called "Zonaite Forge Island" and the Yansamin Shrine is there.

I don't remember what time of day it was in game. I had teleported there to use the island's height as a launch point to go somewhere else. As soon as I saw the dragon nearby I immediately went all the way to the top of the island using the built in updrafts and ascend. I then rocket shielded off the top of the island before gliding over to the dragon and being completely surprised by finding the Master Sword. I had not looked up details on the sword at all and have only done two Dragon Tear glyphs.

I'm not sure how you're supposed to get to the island easily, I think I got there originally by going to a nearby island and making a rocket/flame emitter balloon platform then using a rocket shield to get enough height to glide over. The whole reason I wanted to go there in the first place is for the Zonaite armor piece.

I use Rocket Shields a LOT. You can stock up on free fusable rockets at Oshozan-u Shrine on the North/Northwest edge of the map.

https://i.imgur.com/k9iYQ30.jpg

Getting to that sky island is an ordeal in its own right. Think I used a rocket balloon to get major altitude then glided over. The whole reason I went there to begin with was to get a piece of Zonaite Armor so you may as well grab that while you're there.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
I got to the Light Dragon without starting a quest and yeah it's an ordeal.

Story speculation: After finishing one temple and finding 10 of the tears in order, I uhhh... I'm guessing the Light Dragon with the freaking Master Sword is Zelda. :smith: I intend to get the last two tonight.

Edit: yes lol.

Megera fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 25, 2023

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Diephoon posted:

Getting to that sky island is an ordeal in its own right. Think I used a rocket balloon to get major altitude then glided over. The whole reason I went there to begin with was to get a piece of Zonaite Armor so you may as well grab that while you're there.

poo poo, I got to that island but couldn’t find anything cool except the shrine. Time to go back I guess.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fire chus do the same thing by the way, though not as damaging.

Dupe some fairies first to be safe lol

I've yet to be able to catch any tbh- but I just got the stealth gear so that ought to help.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also I am very mad to find out that forging robots will not take large pieces of Zonaite for crystal charges. What the gently caress, dudes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I've yet to be able to catch any tbh- but I just got the stealth gear so that ought to help.

You can crouch walk around them all day long and they won't care, as far as I know!

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also I am very mad to find out that forging robots will not take large pieces of Zonaite for crystal charges. What the gently caress, dudes.

Every forge but the first one will let you trade 3 large zonaite for 20 crystal charges.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Novasol posted:

Every forge but the first one will let you trade 3 large zonaite for 20 crystal charges.

Ok I gotta find more forges.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Captain Hygiene posted:

You can crouch walk around them all day long and they won't care, as far as I know!

Yeah fairies don't care if they see you, they just get freaked out and run away if you make any sudden movements. You can even move slowly without issue.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Yeah fairies don't care if they see you, they just get freaked out and run away if you make any sudden movements. You can even move slowly without issue.

I read the tooltip ‘cooking with fairies’ as them helping you cook and then realized the implications…

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
dialog in this game is pretty good

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
realizing that parts which i thought were just setpieces (electrical motors, batteries, propellors, etc) for shrines can actually be taken out into the world via fuse. which begs the question of why the hell they aren't just zonai devices in the first place

this discovery is lessened by the fact that sticking a propeller on a boat does very little while underwater, even when it SHOULD work.

...maybe i can make them into stupidly fast wheels...?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
drat, the "made for rails" shrine or whatever was so much fun.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

TK-42-1 posted:

I read the tooltip ‘cooking with fairies’ as them helping you cook and then realized the implications…

It's definitely a "To Serve Man" situation, but the text of the tooltip and cooking animation make it clear that your first read was correct, and the fairies help you cook rather than getting cooked.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Carlosologist posted:

Hovercycle. Some other goon said they could hit the game ceiling with one

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I think a hoverbike you make with zonai capsules will eventually have the fans despawn, but one you make entirely out of zonai ore with autobuild will last forever.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The hover scooter I made is almost too useful I could see something similar being abused in speed runs

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Wow the house building mechanic sucks rear end huh? No roofs, no railings, no plants, no windows. Just a stack of ugly green blocks on a flat, featureless clearing. None of the charm of the other houses, just rooms with centered pre-furnishings, all two blocks wide. No corridors, no individual walls to close off openings. This is incredibly bad lol

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

hatty posted:

The hover scooter I made is almost too useful I could see something similar being abused in speed runs

Speed runs are using an apple glued to a piece of wood

https://twitter.com/CrypticJacknife/status/1660721072420057088

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’m sure speedruns will find something absolutely wild to build that helps them fly straight from Great Sky down to the boss fight

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/rinhara5aki/status/1661408355620098048?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can do that?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

hatty posted:

You can do that?

You can do anything in this game, except climb while it's raining

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Argue posted:

How do you properly use time bombs? Attaching them to a vehicle is, uh, not going to be good for you, and the only real alternative I can think of is to summon them on the fly as needed.

Put them on shields and basically break every shrine that requires you to move somewhere

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

hatty posted:

You can do that?

My favorite thing is to run around with the Ultrahand out til I grab the doofus-cube running the show. There's a satisfying amount of 'resistance' as you wiggle it free. :allears:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

404notfound posted:

Speed runs are using an apple glued to a piece of wood

https://twitter.com/CrypticJacknife/status/1660721072420057088

:psypop:

also I finally made it to the Great Plateau and I am awash in nostalgia :unsmith:

Also I was amused at the name of the parasail cloth that you find there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Wow the house building mechanic sucks rear end huh? No roofs, no railings, no plants, no windows. Just a stack of ugly green blocks on a flat, featureless clearing. None of the charm of the other houses, just rooms with centered pre-furnishings, all two blocks wide. No corridors, no individual walls to close off openings. This is incredibly bad lol

Yeah I finally managed to make a place that looks okay from exactly one side and I made it face the town, which kinda sucks because it also faces this idiot who I guess just lives here in case I wanna make changes. No way to increase build limit is also bummer.

I figure you spent next to zero time at your house either way so they didn't want to devote too much to it, but man no option to edit walls at all lol.

Also they let you make stuff sideways and weird orientation but nothing inside changes to fit