Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Junpei posted:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1660911866644922368

Outis's got the umbrella fox's EGO along with Yi Sang as seen in the art on the roadmap.

It's not from the umbrella fox, this is just Outis remembering the part of the Odyssey where she got stranded on Rhodes Island and her crew were all turned into animals by Kal'tsit Circe.

The ears, the giant fox in the background, the plastic clothing... the evidence is all there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Holy poo poo TQ, giving Realization Hermit Angelica's voice is absolutely beautiful. :allears:

When I read the lines for blind rage’s part of the fight I realized who his hermit was and in that moment I knew what I had to do. :shepicide:

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Junpei posted:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1660890224472494080

Gregor getting the EGO of that electric centipede event.

Junpei posted:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1660911866644922368

Outis's got the umbrella fox's EGO along with Yi Sang as seen in the art on the roadmap.

GODDAMIT, PM, YOU ARE DEFINETELY NOT HELPING MY GAMBLING ADDICTION! THIS IS SO PRETTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

L.U.I.G.I posted:

GODDAMIT, PM, YOU ARE DEFINETELY NOT HELPING MY GAMBLING ADDICTION! THIS IS SO PRETTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

If it helps, those are battle pass EGOs. I assume it'll be like 4th Match Flame and Outis will be paid-only, though, since Li Sang's version is the title character and will be the final free reward.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Idly, I was looking at the EGO we got that are based on Events, and how they relate to the Sin/color of the EGO Gifts that those events give out and... sometimes it doesn't line up.

Yi Sang's Wishing Cairn isn't based on any event yet, as is Gregor's Lantern.

Ishmael's Ardor Blossom Star is Wrath just like Hellterfly's Dream. So is Outis's Ya Sunyata Tad Rupam being lust like Bloody Gadget.

But Faust's Hex Nail is Envy, while the teddy bear's event gift, Grimy Iron Stake, is Lust. And Meursault's Persuance is Sloth, while the gift, Lithography, is Gluttony.

Yi Sang and Hong Lu's Dimension Ripper is Pride when Blue Zippo Lighter is Sloth, as well.

so, I wouldn't necessarily expect Umbrella Fox (Sunshower is Sloth), Electric Centipede (Standard-Duty Battery is Envy) or Angry Bull (Rusty Commemorative Coin is Sloth)'s EGOs to match their Gift's Sins.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Pigbuster posted:

If it helps, those are battle pass EGOs. I assume it'll be like 4th Match Flame and Outis will be paid-only, though, since Li Sang's version is the title character and will be the final free reward.

Yeah but I'm playing with the idea of buying the battle pass so.... It really doesn't help :buddy:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm going to buy the Battle Passes consistently. I bought the first one, and will buy this one. It's my way of showing Project Moon love, without tipping over into Full Blown Whaling.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh hey, I forgot I finally uptied every identity I own!

Which means now thread is going to EGOs or saved for future units. Which EGOs besides Legedermain are worth uptiering?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Which means now thread is going to EGOs or saved for future units. Which EGOs besides Legedermain are worth uptiering?

Don's Telepole if you have W Don, Sinclair's Impending Day, Faust's Fluid Sac are the first three that come to my mind.

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

If you have the thread, I'd recommend doing the first uptie on each EGO to unlock the passive, as I don't think any of them are negative besides maybe Mersault's punchy robot if you trigger it too many times. (And Rodion's base EGO, but you can't control getting the upties on that). The first uptie is usually like 15 or 20 thread I think compared to the second being like 70 to 80, so it's more bang for your buck.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ya Sunyata's not half bad, since Seven Outis's her best ID and her best skill is Lust so more damage for that is always great.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/threewingfour/status/1661121469433167880

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Funnily enough, she's the only character that can be considered fan-service, and even then, it would be a strech considering the context of the game and it's story

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

KazigluBey posted:

100% agree with this. I already feel like I'm eating very well with this game's chosen way to present lore but if I could be just a bit selfish my one wish would be precisely that - since we get snippets of what it means for X sinner to be with Y group, it would ALSO be very cool to hear what does it mean for X sinner to have Y EGO, or what that Abno means to the sinner in question, or... anything, really.

If I could be even more selfish I'd ask for art of the Corroded EGO be added when you get to EGO T3, similar to the alternate/animated art that IDs get at T3.

We do get a hair of it, with the EGO and Corrosion quotes. Like, putting aside the individual Zayins, there's things like Rime Shank Rodion ("Well, I can't shiver in the cold forever") showing her not beating herself up for what she did because it had good intentions, and then Fourth Match Flame ("If fervent flames can warm the heart...") being about trying to provide protection and support to her neighborhood.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Funnily enough, she's the only character that can be considered fan-service, and even then, it would be a strech considering the context of the game and it's story

she's not even particularly fanservicey, or maybe my brain has just been broken from decades of jrpg character design

also: https://twitter.com/Certde/status/1661426668354043904?s=20 lol

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

L.U.I.G.I posted:

the thing about this that i find funny is that people are way hornier for ishmael and faust than they are for rodion, despite rodion being one of the three characters to show cleavage at any point

(before you ask, the other two are ryoshu and hong lu)

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

VinnyDonuts posted:

the thing about this that i find funny is that people are way hornier for ishmael and faust than they are for rodion, despite rodion being one of the three characters to show cleavage at any point

(before you ask, the other two are ryoshu and hong lu)

The thing I don't understand with people is how they aren't horny for Gregor dirty bear, I mean look at it! It's beautiful and wonderful and has solved all the problem in my life! Oh and Mersault hair is nice too. Like that professional cut.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
sounds like a skill (algorithm) issue. no i wont be sharing the sexy gregors and rodions.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

L.U.I.G.I posted:

The thing I don't understand with people is how they aren't horny for Gregor dirty bear
Someone in the Project Moon has tallied statistics for NSFW depictions of Limbus characters in fanart and fanfiction, and Gregor is the most popular male character by far.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Someone in the Project Moon has tallied statistics for NSFW depictions of Limbus characters in fanart and fanfiction, and Gregor is the most popular male character by far.

is he outperforming the most popular women

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Did the math, decided that while getting don telepole was technically feasible the grinding is something I need to not do, and anyway it's only specifically for warp Don so I can friend him in for that.

Instead, blew my last big pile of boxen on Hong Lu's dimension shredder. Looks cool, if you fire it once it's a big survivability increase, it's his only HE for now anyway, and when he gets a charge id it'll be a backbreaker.

Outis ego (...is it associated with the railway endboss?) looks kinda neat too but we'll see what things look like next season.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
or I guess Don's a her, it can be confusing to remember in project moon games and I appreciate that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i saw a random gacha youtuber mention the game in passing along with a bunch of other recent releases and he referred to it as 'one of those games where there's only guys' which made me lol

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Is it because none of the women are wearing dresses? Maybe they just can't recognize women without being in overly feminine garb.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1661555981913047040?s=20

just take my battlepass money already christ

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I really would like to say that Limbus Company has stepped up Project Moon's animation game by quite a degree.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Surprise story update.

Dante's true identity is Paul, apparently

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
NGL Dante says it unsurely in their notes but his head being a Singularity would be kind of amazing not going to lie.

Also, I saw a theory floated a while back and it's intriguing:

Selva Obscura takes place in District 4 along with Chapter 1, and District 4 would (naturally) border the central district Head/Eye/Claw area.

IRL Dante was exiled from Florence.

What if Dante is an exile from one of the Head/Eye/Claw, prior to their amnesia?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Junpei posted:

NGL Dante says it unsurely in their notes but his head being a Singularity would be kind of amazing not going to lie.

Also, I saw a theory floated a while back and it's intriguing:

Selva Obscura takes place in District 4 along with Chapter 1, and District 4 would (naturally) border the central district Head/Eye/Claw area.

IRL Dante was exiled from Florence.

What if Dante is an exile from one of the Head/Eye/Claw, prior to their amnesia?

If he was exiled from the Head, he would probably be dead, not running around with a bunch of idiot people that die extremely easily

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh. Huh.

Some ID names got updated. All of the Association Fixers (Liu Meu/Greg/Hong, Seven Yi/Ryo/Out, Zwei Clair, Shi Don/Heath/Ish) get modified to say "South Section (#) ("Director", for Don and Out)".

And the WARP IDs add "L2" to Faust and Meursault, and "L3" to Don.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

Surprise story update.

Dante's true identity is Paul, apparently

canon now

e: lol the end of the Corridor reminds me a bit of the Spiral from Magnus Archives

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 25, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also, apparently, their rooms only look like their base EGO portraits when they're having a rough time... but Heathcliff's always in a bad mood so his room is probably always rainy/thundery.

Man, Ishmael really got the short end of the stick there. She gets frustrated, and her room floods.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

KobunFan posted:

So I finally managed to Uptie Sinclair's N-Corp to Tier III and I got to say, the text was really chilling. You could almost see the words [BAD END] printed on it.

It's a good counterpoint to the Jefe's story bit, where Emil does self-actualize and becomes a true leader. A murderous thug but his minions seem to genuinely respect him. He still has the "baby bird" vibe in that he needs a prod.

It was the moment I realized that Between Two World's lyrics were about Sinclair and not Kromer.

Though, had I read the novel before playing the game, I might've known before the uptie cutscene.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's not from the umbrella fox, this is just Outis remembering the part of the Odyssey where she got stranded on Rhodes Island and her crew were all turned into animals by Kal'tsit Circe.

The ears, the giant fox in the background, the plastic clothing... the evidence is all there.

Or maybe it was Limbus Island, where Vergilius had rabbit ears and almost crushed Dante's fingers.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Google Jeb Bush posted:

or I guess Don's a her, it can be confusing to remember in project moon games and I appreciate that

Little tip: There is an equal amount of sinners of both genders. Six guy and six girls.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Junpei posted:

Also, apparently, their rooms only look like their base EGO portraits when they're having a rough time... but Heathcliff's always in a bad mood so his room is probably always rainy/thundery.

Man, Ishmael really got the short end of the stick there. She gets frustrated, and her room floods.

Maybe that's one of the many reasons why she and Heathcliff don't get along.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Maybe that's one of the many reasons why she and Heathcliff don't get along.

In a lot of identities, they do get along I believe

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
Is it normal that I get my rear end kicked in Binah and Hokma realization? In Binah, big Bird kick my rear end because of Darkness, in Hokma's the fight is just too drat long for me and in the Invitation, the Blue Rebervation is awaiting at my doorstep and I don't want to do 5 fights in a row before realizing that I need to restart. Am I the only one?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

today's story: Heathcliff visits the backrooms

also this is actually canon: https://twitter.com/thelof9/status/1659741333588946944?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Little tip: There is an equal amount of sinners of both genders. Six guy and six girls.

plus Charon, who is female, and vergilius, who is a horse