Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

please enjoy this hour long clip of Vinny, who only saw snippets of the Donkey Kong Country CGI cartoon as a kid and otherwise is entirely oblivious to how loving WEIRD THAT SHOW WAS, as he marathons all the song sequences from season 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xAbuopjU6c&hd=1

"ugh, she looks so WEIRD"

candy kong and donkey kong immediately break into a love song

"oh god"

"why is everyone saying 'coconut cream pies'? ew, why would you say that?!"

(it happens)

"WHAT?! NO! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT!"

:allears:

The single best gag in the DK cartoon is in the episode where K. Rool sends a robotic duplicate of Candy Kong to shave off all of DK's hair because he thinks it gives him his Samson-like super strength, and when the robot shaves it all off it's revealed that DK's head is shaped like his hair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

The single best gag in the DK cartoon is in the episode where K. Rool sends a robotic duplicate of Candy Kong to shave off all of DK's hair because he thinks it gives him his Samson-like super strength, and when the robot shaves it all off it's revealed that DK's head is shaped like his hair:

DK's skull doubles as a bottle opener nice

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

banana-rear end hair

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nine-gear crow posted:

There's an easy reason for that gag too; just retexturing the model's cheaper than a one-off "smooth-head" Donkey Kong.

It is a very good gag though. :allears:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

banana-rear end hair

he likes banana

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It is a nice, dumb game.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

it's so viscerally upsetting to me

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

please enjoy this hour long clip of Vinny, who only saw snippets of the Donkey Kong Country CGI cartoon as a kid and otherwise is entirely oblivious to how loving WEIRD THAT SHOW WAS, as he marathons all the song sequences from season 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xAbuopjU6c&hd=1

"ugh, she looks so WEIRD"

candy kong and donkey kong immediately break into a love song

"oh god"

"why is everyone saying 'coconut cream pies'? ew, why would you say that?!"

(it happens)

"WHAT?! NO! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT!"

:allears:

Some of the songs were legit bangers tho (they probably ripped off better artists)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er4zU20y8kg

DK is a moron.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'd be interested in youtubers that talk about animation that aren't unhinged lily orchard types. youtube only ever recommends saberspark to me however, who has no real jokes in his videos and is just angry all the time, and his channel produces amazingly bad thumbnails

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The 7th Guest posted:

i'd be interested in youtubers that talk about animation that aren't unhinged lily orchard types. youtube only ever recommends saberspark to me however, who has no real jokes in his videos and is just angry all the time, and his channel produces amazingly bad thumbnails

Toonrifictariq is good. I also do not enjoy the saberstark person

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

.... didn't they just confirm they're making more Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

.... didn't they just confirm they're making more Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

PROBLEMATIC RENEWAL

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Nuns with Guns posted:

His video itself even mentions it iirc.
I don't mind Saberspark, he isn't great but he also isn't terrible so I watch them once in a while. The whole thing where some NFT cartoon bro's tried going after him was pretty funny tbh.

He very much plays the whole thumbnail/title game though, can't blame him too much honestly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
imagine getting worked up over clickbait thumbnails in 2023

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I would personally like youtube to stop trying to get me to watch the video that's like HELLUVA BOSS...... BAD???? No, I like the show, I don't think it has a "tone problem" or I just wouldn't watch it. Stop recommending me this video!!! It's just like when I kept getting recommended that STEVEN UNIVERSE IS ACTUALLY BAD HERE'S WAY 3 hour video and it's like gently caress offfffff

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the latter video is definitely lily orchard and she is of the "steven universe is actually racist nazi apologia" fanatics

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Robert Tolppi made a (thankfully short) video talking about trend of insanely bloated video essays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t41M_E7BvDo

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

On a completely different topic, if anyone is interested in synthesizers, Alex Ball makes some great videos about classic synths.
Here's a quick one about the Synclavier, and Michael Jackson
A bit longer one about the Prophet, and some full length documentaries about the history of Arp, Roland, and Korg

Edit. In light of today's release, sponsored by a terf audio company, gently caress this guy.

reference https://mixmag.net/read/spitfire-audio-co-founder-christian-henson-departs-company-transphobia-row-jk-rowling-linehan-news

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 25, 2023

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Captain Invictus posted:

imagine getting worked up over clickbait thumbnails in 2023

I respectfully disagree. I find exaggerated clickbait thumbnails to be irritating and the passage of time combined with increased exposure has only made that feeling more intense, not less. I understand that it is an effective strategy for increasing view count, and I do not fault online content creators for doing it, especially if they do it for a living. However, while I understand the reason behind it, I cannot help but feel irked when I see a crazy thumbnail face or weird hyper sentence fragment in the thumbnail. I think that is more than reasonable. Nevertheless, thank you for your input, and I hope you got something out of my rebuttal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Macaluso posted:

I would personally like youtube to stop trying to get me to watch the video that's like HELLUVA BOSS...... BAD???? No, I like the show, I don't think it has a "tone problem" or I just wouldn't watch it. Stop recommending me this video!!! It's just like when I kept getting recommended that STEVEN UNIVERSE IS ACTUALLY BAD HERE'S WAY 3 hour video and it's like gently caress offfffff

God, this :cripes: and it's always the first thing that pops up after I've watched the newest episode.

Highly recommend ToonrificTariq if you're looking for a good cartoon youtuber! He's got some good jokes too. Saberpark is...alright. he's not a pro-watch by any means but I'll check him out occasionally. But seriously, ToonrificTariq

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Ariong posted:

I respectfully disagree. I find exaggerated clickbait thumbnails to be irritating and the passage of time combined with increased exposure has only made that feeling more intense, not less. I understand that it is an effective strategy for increasing view count, and I do not fault online content creators for doing it, especially if they do it for a living. However, while I understand the reason behind it, I cannot help but feel irked when I see a crazy thumbnail face or weird hyper sentence fragment in the thumbnail. I think that is more than reasonable. Nevertheless, thank you for your input, and I hope you got something out of my rebuttal.

LoL, 3Hrs.
Do more of these please. They're just what I needed today. Giggling like an idiot over here (sincere thanks)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lol

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I think I watched the Saberspark Tipping the Rift video, it's fine but one of those videos that mostly coasts by on how insane the subject material is.

It's also the only one that would justify a horny thumbnail tbh.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol nice

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The only cartoon Youtuber I watch is TheRealJims and his Simpsons videos.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Hello all. I made a feedback thread for RGD. Since this sub might be full of people who live in their bookmarks, I am linking it in here too. Come tell me about RGD.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Nuns with Guns posted:

Yeah idk what this thumbnails getting at they absolutely would make more if they thought it’d make money.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

The only cartoon Youtuber I watch is TheRealJims and his Simpsons videos.

I like his stuff as well. TRJ can pull interesting stuff even out of the doldrums of The Simpsons' later episodes. I think his latest was on Superintendent Chalmers. Also he keeps his stuff at a snackable length which I appreciate.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

TheMightyBoops posted:

Yeah idk what this thumbnails getting at they absolutely would make more if they thought it’d make money.

It's just clickbait. He even mentions that they're making more.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ariong posted:

Need more red circles and arrows pointing at things.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Lotus Aura posted:

Need more red circles and arrows pointing at things.

Needs a dude making a thumbnail face as well.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1661388513831690240
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1661391632674230273

Jenny's also replying to in the thread to folks asking for clarity, kinda sounds like from the get go the whole thing was a little too overambitious and predicated on the idea that people would drop five grand to spend most of their time playing a phone game.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
If you hate clickbait thumbnails, I guarantee that the person who made them hates them even more.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

If you hate clickbait thumbnails, I guarantee that the person who made them hates them even more.

Then they should have some self respect and not make them.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Yes

They should

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Flying Zamboni posted:

Then they should have some self respect and not make them.

Unfortunately if you don’t do all you can to appease the algorithm your videos just won’t be shown to new people, like at all.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I would say that if your self respect won't even allow you to stoop to the level of making a lovely thumbnail for a youtube video, I'm not sure what job you could do.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Most other jobs don't ask you to actively make your workplace worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Ghostlight posted:

Most other jobs don't ask you to actively make your workplace worse.

Gonna have to disagree with this one