Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

frajaq posted:

where the gently caress are the enemies in this Salvage activity bungie cmon, there are SIX players involved and I need to do my bounties

yeah enemy density in this is really not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kesper North posted:

yeah enemy density in this is really not good

PREACH it, Porpoise!

They need to double the density and/or activate Legend Mode immediately

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I just don’t understand people who decide that the PVP game they’re gonna get ultra sweaty about is going to be the one with a 30 Hz tick rate, peer to peer networking, and the ability to equip mods that make your bullets’ hit boxes bigger. I’m glad Marathon exists for them now! And I will try it and probably give up on it after a week.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Paracausal posted:

I don't think there's been a serious AAA attempt at an extraction shooter yet? Some successful ones in Hunt showdown and Tarkov, but everything else has been a bolt-on mode like Battlefield V and CODs modes hasn't it? If built from the ground up on dedi servers and fully integrated I think it'd be great.

Would R6 Extraction technically count?
Despite the fact that that loving thing crashed and burned despite being on gamepass lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pirate Jet posted:

I just don’t understand people who decide that the PVP game they’re gonna get ultra sweaty about is going to be the one with a 30 Hz tick rate, peer to peer networking, and the ability to equip mods that make your bullets’ hit boxes bigger. I’m glad Marathon exists for them now! And I will try it and probably give up on it after a week.

I'm bad at the other ones, OP. That's how I determine which games are Good!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Despite the fact that that loving thing crashed and burned despite being on gamepass lmao

R6 Extraction isn’t actually an “extraction shooter,” it’s a co-op PvE-only game. It’s only called that because they were making a zombie spinoff of Siege for ages and then realized it was probably a bad idea to launch a game originally named “Rainbow Six Infection” in the middle of a pandemic.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

pretty sure it doesn't have any pvp element in it and yeah, woof to anything Clancyverse

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I have to assume the reason Destiny 2 is chosen as some peoples PvP game is because it's filled to the brim with dumb bullshit fun guns that you can then use to fight other players with.

The issue being that you only have a 0.0014% chance to get the exact dumb bullshit fun gun you want.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think (ironically?) the people who enjoy pvp don't take it seriously. And those who take it seriously don't like it. Call of Duty doesn't have Antaeus Wards or Nova Bombs so it's poopy boring GunMans game

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think (ironically?) the people who enjoy pvp don't take it seriously. And those who take it seriously don't like it. Call of Duty doesn't have Antaeus Wards or Nova Bombs so it's poopy boring GunMans game

agreed

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm bad at the other ones, OP. That's how I determine which games are Good!

This explains why I consider all games ever made to be bad. And now to go have some introspection...

:stare:

e: Did the UI have meters like charge and pressure before? I don't recall ever seeing those and I get the feeling it's one of those things that you'd never know how much of a massive technical feat it is for such a simple thing so by God they're going to show it the gently caress off.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Cod Nerds famously mostly hate the ones that let you do wallrunning and have ults and poo poo.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Cenotaph Mask may be uglier than starfire 🫣

wearin' a mfin jotuun on my dang head

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ex post facho posted:

Cenotaph Mask may be uglier than starfire 🫣

wearin' a mfin EREBUS on my dang head

ftfy

E: I got my copy of the dumb thing, I'll never use it unless there's some hidden interaction that makes it good though.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

PathAsc posted:

ftfy

E: I got my copy of the dumb thing, I'll never use it unless there's some hidden interaction that makes it good though.

You can fire Coldheart for 13 seconds straight without letting off the trigger before you have to reload. It fuckin' rules, it's War Rig for Traces with the bonus of making Heavy ammo for allies if they get the kill on marked enemies. Works for Champs, Bosses, and Vehicles i think? Toss Heavy finder on it and it's Heavy for everyone!

Also it looks awesome with Gloamstrife.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 25, 2023

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

PathAsc posted:

ftfy

You almost never need to reload your trace rifle, that's pretty good.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

PathAsc posted:

ftfy

Coldheart ☝️
Divinity
Prometheus Lens
Wavesplitter 👋
Ruinous Effigy

I thiiiiiiink theoretically if you used Acasia's Dejection with Rewind Rounds and Target Lock it could be one of the better boss DPS options.

Crafted Path of Least Resistance too, although now my enhanced Voltshot on it looks way worse :cripes:

Also it's like wearing Aeon Soul at the same time, and you can also still equip finders

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Apparently it gives a 15% dmg buff too, so maybe I'll gently caress with it tomorrow and see if it clicks at all.

Gimme a heavy exotic trace and then I won't complain at all lmao

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Just how easy is it to mark targets with it? Can a warlock just spritz an entire wave of adds, or does it take sustained damage to do it?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Shooting any yellowbar/"boss" applies a Priority Target buff with a 10s cooldown, hitting the enemy again refreshes it

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

ponzicar posted:

Just how easy is it to mark targets with it? Can a warlock just spritz an entire wave of adds, or does it take sustained damage to do it?

Sustained damage for like, a few seconds and you can only mark bosses, champs, and a few other things. The mark lasts for a while and shooting the marked target again refreshes it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
cenotaph looks pretty cool with jacarina too

on that note today i soloed a LLS i'd never tried before at only 1813 light, i may slowly be learning how to destiny

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I used dim to make a stupid damage only loadout for the thing, I probably ought to have consulted the damage buff spreadsheet but I'll just screw with it tomorrow. If number big then ok, I can deal with that. Might change up my stasis build if it works ok.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Yeah I didn't even mention Ager's lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Radiant Dance Machines buff is very fun. Game breaking? Nah. Meta? Nah. Not even close to release level of bonkers. But on activation you get six seconds to dodge. Any kill at all resets the timer to 10 seconds tho.

It's still super niche, it doesn't activate aspects like the slowdodge, but it can be some silly fun now.

Probably the most effective way I've found to use it is to use either Arc or Stasis. Gambler's dodge, of course. Heavy Handed for orbs, two Impact Induction mods for 25% grenade energy every seven seconds for melee damage, and Innervation for grenade energy on orbs.

Pretty much does what you figure. Dodge around like an idiot, getting those melee charges, either punch, frisbee, shoot, whatever and keep it going. Lots of orbs, lots of traces, gently caress LOADS of shards. All the while the constant orbs are recharging your grenades along with your melee.

Shards provide overshield and heal, with mods like Better Already or Recuperation helping too. Arc has a buttload of resist fragments for close range and being amped and stuff.

It is very silly, and lots of fun, definitely an improvement, but I doubt it'll be shifting any metas or preferences.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ex post facho posted:

Yeah I didn't even mention Ager's lol

Ager's is by far my favorite weapon in the game, and the changes to mobh were great. The bs they did to shards still hurts so it's not nearly as effective as it was, but I'm still playing around with builds this week. If the buffs stack like I'm hoping then the thing I just threw together could be monstrous. I'd kill to get extra fragment slots, but just getting better artifice armor might solve half of that issue.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Fishing seems actually pretty profitable for what it is? I dunked an exotic fish and got a golf ball and a pretty good No Backup Plans. Not bad for staring at a lake pressing E.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Marathon trailer was really neat and really shows that Destiny is kinda in life support. I hope they keep the lore batshit crazy for that because I just spoiled myself on the big lore reveal for this season and man lol oof I've finally mentally checked out from lore

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

elpaganoescapa posted:

Marathon trailer was really neat and really shows that Destiny is kinda in life support. I hope they keep the lore batshit crazy for that because I just spoiled myself on the big lore reveal for this season and man lol oof I've finally mentally checked out from lore

What is it? Don't worry about spoiler tags, I don't think anybody here honestly cares

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Whilst our PvE contingent is on such a downer about Marathon, the prospect of Bungie world, polish and gunfeel for a Tarkov game not anally attached to real world guns fills me personally with glee, and I am very hype for it.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Shockeh posted:

Whilst our PvE contingent is on such a downer about Marathon, the prospect of Bungie world, polish and gunfeel for a Tarkov game not anally attached to real world guns fills me personally with glee, and I am very hype for it.

I've never played tarkov so I don't have any frame of reference to it. Could be fun, I thought the trailer had a cool aesthetic. I'll probably try it.

It has been very fun though watching people react like vampires shown a cross, though. And watching The dtg subreddit have an absolute meltdown over it.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Half the "fun" of tarkov is not knowing if the enemy you've stumbled across is an NPC or an actual player. There's a not insignificant amount of PvE in tarkov OH MY GOD ITS WHERE ALL THE GAMBIT DEVELOPMENT HAS GONE.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
motherfucker that one crazy dude in the destiny lore subreddit was right the whole time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Panderfringe posted:

What is it? Don't worry about spoiler tags, I don't think anybody here honestly cares

Do please continue to use spoiler tags for leaks and data mines or don’t post them at all thanks

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

IllusionistTrixie posted:

Half the "fun" of tarkov is not knowing if the enemy you've stumbled across is an NPC or an actual player. There's a not insignificant amount of PvE in tarkov OH MY GOD ITS WHERE ALL THE GAMBIT DEVELOPMENT HAS GONE.

2/3 of the “core playlists” have been on life support for years. There was a renewed focus on PvP at Bungie, just not Destiny PvP.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Panderfringe posted:

I do

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

Do please continue to use spoiler tags for leaks and data mines or don’t post them at all thanks

Maybe we could try "don't post them at all" for a while, that sounds fun.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Panderfringe posted:

I know tedious negativity is your gimmick but please don't try to convince other people to do poo poo like that

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Leaks and datamines should absolutely be spoiler-tagged but banning them outright is weak poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just hit up youtube and type destiny 2 leak if you want all the latest gossip in terms of datamined files and cutscenes it’s not exactly some hard to find information.