Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

:gbsmith: aww

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Knowing this comic, I figure it's even odds whether the dad and kid reconcile or the dad tells the kid to go screw because he didn't believe in him when he was bad.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Looking forward to Genius Copper Ma's mental break when he realizes that hard work can beat natural talent?!?!?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doomykins posted:

Looking forward to Genius Copper Ma's mental break when he realizes that hard work can beat natural talent?!?!?

I like that he's not throwing no-hitters, he's reacting well to the hits so nobody gets on-base. It's a more human type of skill to the near-magical focus characters, gives him a niche.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Doomykins posted:

Perhaps the butterfly can become a mongoose...

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Going back to Imgbb for hosting. Are these visible?

Retail

Popcom

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Raskolnikov38 posted:

phantom better get shot or something leaving the prison. all this dally-ing about has completely removed any tension

Don't forget, Savarna's still outside blowing [all the] poo poo up.

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 24, 2023

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Darthemed posted:

Retail

Popcom

My VPN is active and I can see your images.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Not sure if Mildred is sad for Shauna or upset over Lottie misunderstanding what a Nobel Prize is in the hug panel.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I dunno, giving up your boyfriend seems like it would make you eligible for the noble prize

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

gently caress Bitches Mend Causality

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

Bardiche Hotel
Chapter 2: Sandwich

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

He's not that complex.

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Listen to yourself Home Free Dad. Your family are keeping their toothbrushes in a stump. Get a hotel. gently caress up the whole premise of the strip.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Home Free

Listen to yourself Home Free Dad. Your family are keeping their toothbrushes in a stump. Get a hotel. gently caress up the whole premise of the strip.

The string isn’t taut. It’s not going to conduct any sound waves. Go to a hotel already!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

He's not that complex.
Luann+co have never seen someone who's sad and introverted before, so he's a novelty "complex" to them.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 10/15/50

Archie 6/9-11/47

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Poor freckles, thought of ants and died

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I really want a comic strip about ted forth's mom and ronan. mostly ronan. he just is so cool.

and maybe jack/jock from luann. i mean he and tiff should escape that comic and go on a road trip.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 25, 2023

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

gently caress Bitches Mend Causality

Books Not Boys

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Kit + The Wolf Concludes!

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

This page brings the tale to an end. I think the reference point is clear, but if you need help, I’m sure someone will help in the comments.

Thank you for indulging this fill-in. I’m writing this in early April, so I don’t yet know how it went down. Probably like a teaspoonful of someone else’s earwax. Weeks of people telling me I’d got it wrong. I’m likely in seclusion now. Or jail. Here in the past, I’ll try to enjoy my last few days of freedom.

Steeple returns tomorrow, visit steeple.church for all-new adventures!

So that wraps up this foray into Claremont era X-men! Thoughts?

I'll start posting the new Steeple comic next.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Retail

Popcom

Yup, works fine

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Parahexavoctal posted:

I assume that one day, I'll catch up with this thread and resume posting The Timid Soul, but I wanted to share a thought that occurred to me today, for those of you who remember Caspar from previous threads.

If Caspar was around today, he would a) wear a mask when outside, but b) take it off when he went into crowded public buildings, for fear of offending anyone who didn't believe in wearing them.
Sounds about right.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Pictured, again: a bear. Also, a fake information.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The Mark Trail list of attempted murderers vanishing from consequences continues to grow. Will we get a throwaway line about it? Gripping stuff.

The_Other posted:

So that wraps up this foray into Claremont era X-men! Thoughts?

You could really feel John had a fun idea for an homage and put a lot of passion into it, giving it an infectious joy. Maybe having some fun elsewhere with this and Steeple will restore the creativity needed to give future Solver chapters a reason to be written.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 25, 2023

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I can't help but think that for situations like having an escaped (attempted) murderer on board, there'd be some kind of "lockdown and sweep the ship deck by deck" procedure that they could run. Yes, cruise ships are pretty big, and yes, it might be complicated by Belluso being a master of disguise and all that, but... they haven't even tried. It's just "Oh well, I guess he's in here someplace, have fun standing around at railings just like the one where he tried to murder you".

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Apparently Anthrocon in 2001 Was During July But Still Lol Lmao The Timing, Can't Believe They're All Going Down In A Field In Pennsylvania

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Hostile V posted:

Apparently Anthrocon in 2001 Was During July But Still Lol Lmao The Timing, Can't Believe They're All Going Down In A Field In Pennsylvania

Jesus christ, how horrifying.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Chimps in hell world have tails

Deep lore or Holbrook idiocy?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

When in doubt, assume the latter.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I dunno if we're gonna be able to drink us out of whatever drama bomb's about to drop here

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

rannum posted:

I dunno if we're gonna be able to drink us out of whatever drama bomb's about to drop here

Oh! Maybe I'm too used to the trope we're seeing here - the bomb has been dropped, and it's "her boyfriend and her apprentice are loving".

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Darthemed posted:

You're good on this end, but I've been seeing everyone (most of the time, anyway), so I'm probably not the one to ask. :shrug:

Our Boarding House, now featuring DORGZ! (January 10-12, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (March 14-16, 1921)

THE TOONERVILLE TROLLEY: The Skipper carries a key to any vacant houses along the line and never passes up a chance to pick up a small real estate commission.

Dok's "Done With This War" Duck (October 1, 1914)

Little Lefty (July 25-27, 1938)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

maybealabia posted:

Chimps in hell world have tails

Deep lore or Holbrook idiocy?
I'll be real I thought primates didn't loving exist in Hellworld on account of the boids.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I'm so, so sorry, I'm an awful human being.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Hostile V posted:

I'll be real I thought primates didn't loving exist in Hellworld on account of the boids.

Yeah same, don't remember ever seeing them before but needed to make a poop joke

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

Oh! Maybe I'm too used to the trope we're seeing here - the bomb has been dropped, and it's "her boyfriend and her apprentice are loving".

OK I thought that briefly at first but then, because i internalized the apprentice as like. 12. I went "man was there like abuse or something"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My first thought was "surprise, I have a daughter from a previous relationship who I haven't told you about until now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
I assumed it was "we've been loving for a while now, and we're telling you now only because she's preggers"