Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Four business guys and one developer lol

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

is this dragon mmo 100% science based?

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

who wants a new avatar?!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
What’s not to love!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:thunk:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
preordered

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Do you dare

complete the breeding system

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hello Twitter, we would like to detail our dragon breeding system for upcoming game.

*five minutes pass*

Blocked, blocked, blocked, none of you are free from sin.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

LFG Completing the breeding system, need 2 more and go

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
And they say our genre has lost the last remaining bits of innovation that once made it great.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

NFT's Breeding

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kaysette posted:

SWG Restorations was the big CU one I remember, and Legends was the biggest NGE one last time I looked.

I hate you for posting this because now I am playing.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

LuckyCat posted:

Pls restore Quahog to it's former glory

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
A cursory google seems to indicate that Ciprian Carausu is a former MMA fighter/current Brazilian jiu jitsu coach. So MMO development is definitely right in his wheelhouse.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
After taking my 65th shot to the head I was inspired to make the next generation MMO.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LuckyCat posted:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Cardboard Fox posted:

After taking my 65th shot to the head I was inspired to make the next generation MMO.

This would be a good thread title but it's too long, alas.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

ChickenMedium posted:

A cursory google seems to indicate that Ciprian Carausu is a former MMA fighter/current Brazilian jiu jitsu coach. So MMO development is definitely right in his wheelhouse.

He could always call Curt Schilling for some advice.

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

LuckyCat posted:

But in all honsety, I'm kinda interested in seeing how this SWG server plays out.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

He could always call Curt Schilling for some advice.

oof

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

I installed that SWG server's client last night and spent about 10 minutes running around and BOY do I have no loving clue what to do in that game.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

kedo posted:

I installed that SWG server's client last night and spent about 10 minutes running around and BOY do I have no loving clue what to do in that game.

Legends or the CU one? If it's Legends, it's in the NGE so you just follow the quest line. If it's the CU one, well, you just....do whatever. You can start by doing Mission Terminal missions? Grab two missions in the same direction, head out, kill stuff, repeat.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

The CU one. I guess I've been spoiled by all these modern games holding my hand that I forgot that I used to have to hit my head against a wall for a few weeks before a game started to make sense!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SWG CU is more of a PvE sandbox game. I want more MMORPGs like this, but they are always PvP focused instead, or they are New World.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
My most fun online experiences in the last 10 years have been PvE private servers for survival games like Ark, Conan, and Valheim with my friends.

I'm glad Valheim focused on PvE, can't believe how many games shovel in lovely PvP. Outside of online FPS games, PvP blows rear end. Companies need to stop wasting time and resources on a gameplay aspect that always fails.

If I want to fight other players I'm playing Battlefield, not some MMO or survival game.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Yep. I find it funny reading through so many negative Ark reviews about how awful the PvP is. Why would anyone subject themselves to hardcore PvP against random idiots online?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The next full loot full pvp MMO that will totally succeed is right around the corner. Every single other one failed for other reasons, we swear.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Mustang posted:

My most fun online experiences in the last 10 years have been PvE private servers for survival games like Ark, Conan, and Valheim with my friends.

I'm glad Valheim focused on PvE, can't believe how many games shovel in lovely PvP. Outside of online FPS games, PvP blows rear end. Companies need to stop wasting time and resources on a gameplay aspect that always fails.

If I want to fight other players I'm playing Battlefield, not some MMO or survival game.

Agreed. Lost Skies is the private server PvE version of Worlds Adrift now and I'm pretty excited for that now too.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
SWG chat: The CU server (Restorations) also has a quest line you pick up at the beginning and it leads you through the game. I will say, the quest didn't give me a weapon upgrade until I was almost ready to give up and call it because mobs were respawning faster than I could kill. Finally got a weapon from the quest line and it's clean sailing now. Working on Pistoleer and Medic.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Every time I try and get back into SWG I give up because everyone is just AFK farming junk loot for perfect armor patches or whatever.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I'll be honest, I remember playing SWG back in its 'prime' and to me the game was a mess of half finished incoherent ideas and ridiculous grinding gameplay with the occaisional fight between rancor and AT ST pets swarming all over the place. Maybe it's because I never got into the crafting, but half of the classes, abilities, skills, and gameplay systems seemed to be just hopelessly broken.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Mustang posted:

Should try the new Starship Troopers fps, it's got base building and limited persistent progression with 3 classes to unlock gear options for. 16 player co-op only!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

did anyone make it into this? i signed up and it's live but didn't get in :smith:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Last King posted:

did anyone make it into this? i signed up and it's live but didn't get in :smith:

It's ok. The game is in a real rough state still I think, but there's potential. Seems like it's definitely going to be annoying as poo poo if you wanna be F2P though, so much crap needed to unlock other characters. Solo is fine but group content also seems really wack (but that's prob due to beta) I did a boss via matchmaking and it was just a giant slog, nothing dangerous or engaging but the boss had a billion HP so it took like 15mins to kill.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I got in and had to google wtf the game was because I don't remember signing up. Upon googling, I found it was also on ps5 and signed up for that and got in immediately. Seems like Kingdom of Amalur merged with Destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If Wayfinder is in a rough state now, then chances are its going to stay that way unfortunately, if beta testing MMORPGs for the last 20 years is any indication.