Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The VFX were hugely rushed

it was kind of a nightmare to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
We're a Knights win and a Heat win away from all 4 NBA and NHL conference finals being sweeps lol

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I have to assume that studios are just willing to treat anyone still watching those movies like absolute mouth-breathing morons because there's not much incentive to really try.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

kiimo posted:

The VFX were hugely rushed

it was kind of a nightmare to be honest

Wonder if there was any Covid influence during shooting?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

seiferguy posted:

We're a Knights win and a Heat win away from all 4 NBA and NHL conference finals being sweeps lol

About that...

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
This far into the franchise, they’re just out of things to do with cars. A car is driven out of an airplane for like the tenth time in the franchise and I’m bored out of my mind. Is this late capitalism?

The single action beat that brought me any joy whatsoever was when Dom saves the Vatican with a Rocket League trick shot

General Dog fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 25, 2023

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1661546707149111297

I am speechless

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fartknocker posted:

Ahem.

The loving Florida Panthers, y’all

The state of Florida as a whole deserves nothing good

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

seiferguy posted:

I got some bad news about the Celtics-Heat game from last(?) night.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Abugadu posted:

About that...

C-Euro posted:

Ah crap I missed that.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Post-typhoon update:

Storm slowly moving away, we're still getting 30-50mph winds.

The second half of the storm was 3x as bad as the first, extreme winds and rain. Lost nearly every plant in my yard, all outdoor lights. Vehicles ok. Minor flooding in the house, was mopping for 7 hours straight. We gave up on the flooding and went to bed around 1AM, passing out to the sounds of winds howling and blasting everything. No structural damage to our house, but will likely be without power for awhile.

Some major flooding in lowland areas, one of the hotels started losing chunks of the walls, the airport got flooded, the hospital had to be partially evacuated. Most power poles survived, no major damage to the grid, we'll see how long it takes to get back up. Our septic system survived intact. Cats relatively unperturbed.

Looking at a hell of a lot of cleanup though.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

The state of Florida as a whole deserves nothing good

We're going to have a monkey's paw moment like 2016 again where the Cubs won but we got :chaostrump: as President.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

C-Euro posted:

Boston sports ruins things for everyone yet again

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wheeelp the daily driver Subaru got repossessed, so gonna spend tomorrow getting the brodozer fired up again after sitting for a year. Registration and smogging it is gonna be hosed too

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
g

Abugadu posted:

Post-typhoon update:

Storm slowly moving away, we're still getting 30-50mph winds.

The second half of the storm was 3x as bad as the first, extreme winds and rain. Lost nearly every plant in my yard, all outdoor lights. Vehicles ok. Minor flooding in the house, was mopping for 7 hours straight. We gave up on the flooding and went to bed around 1AM, passing out to the sounds of winds howling and blasting everything. No structural damage to our house, but will likely be without power for awhile.

Some major flooding in lowland areas, one of the hotels started losing chunks of the walls, the airport got flooded, the hospital had to be partially evacuated. Most power poles survived, no major damage to the grid, we'll see how long it takes to get back up. Our septic system survived intact. Cats relatively unperturbed.

Looking at a hell of a lot of cleanup though.

Glad you came out of it okay.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

uh, you ok man?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Abugadu posted:

Still kicking, got power (or hopefully power soon at least) and poop removal and cats. Now it seems like it's just a huge pain in your rear end which is, well, better than the other options that were going on there.

Good luck.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Thanks, hoping power comes back soon so I can use the gas can for chainsawing downed trees instead.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

GD_American posted:

uh, you ok man?

I was raised poor hahah, wife ran into money and got a new rear end car I knew we couldn’t afford. So just gotta get the old bruiser going and well be good

^^^poo poo sucks but always someone has it harder

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 25, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Android Apocalypse posted:

We're going to have a monkey's paw moment like 2016 again where the Cubs won but we got :chaostrump: as President.

So we'll have a bunch of people saying "I don't care if Desantis (Trump) wins as long as we win the championship" then immediately pretend they didn't say it? :v:

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
Not really FootBall related, but I wanna wear this;

whiles listening to ac/dc's 'For whom the Bell Tollls'

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

So we'll have a bunch of people saying "I don't care if Desantis (Trump) wins as long as we win the championship" then immediately pretend they didn't say it? :v:

I dont care if trump wins if the Carolina Panthers win a ring in the next 5 years.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I feel terrible because my kid is in a ton of pain, so I hope this tonsillectomy works. It’s like I’m back with an infant, he was up three times last night from the pain in his throat. Hope he starts improving soon.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Abugadu posted:

Post-typhoon update:

Jesus. Glad you survived, that's an insane thing to live through. What a story you have.

I read a book about Katrina called The Great Deluge that described a major hurricane as sounding like an enormous version of a dentist's air hose - a deafening, roaring, sucking sound outside all the time, with occasional rumbles as a gust comes through. It sounds utterly miserable.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

every five minutes my loving smoke alarm beeps and says low battery. I've put three different sets of new batteries in, disconnected the whole thing and held the test button to get rid of any residual charge, then reassembled it and no luck.

This poo poo has been going on since 5am

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
How old is it? Could just be expired.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

every five minutes my loving smoke alarm beeps and says low battery. I've put three different sets of new batteries in, disconnected the whole thing and held the test button to get rid of any residual charge, then reassembled it and no luck.

You just need to replace it. Those things are supposed to replaced eventually.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

I dont care if trump wins if the Carolina Panthers win a ring in the next 5 years.

The first game of the Matt Patricia Lions, when they got their poo poo kicked in by the Jets on national TV, I think I texted my mom something like "if Trump makes good on his threat to dismantle the NFL I will vote to re-elect him" (he must have been badmouthing the league over something but hell if I can remember what).

kiimo posted:

Yeah, as ARG said it's probably expired. Happened to us last fall, just disconnect it from the hardwire in the ceiling and buy the same model to replace it so you can re-use any mounting hardware.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Make sure you get...

- Smoke +CO
- Hardwired
- Battery backup
- Photoelectric (or dual sensor)
- Interconnected (communicates with other detectors)

If you go to Lowes or HD there will be like 10 different models but only one that does all those things, WHICH YOU SHOULD WANT.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 25, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

BlindSite posted:

You say that now, but we’ll see who’s laughing when he decides to invade Australia, mister :mad:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

The one in my son’s room kept going off two weeks ago but nothing was there. It was supposed to be a 10 year version, but we had to trash it after 5. Just get a new one.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
He's Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Willy nilly silly old bear

Book being handed out to kindergarteners in Dallas and other places. Hellworld meets the public domain.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SB how was Dynamite?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dango Bango posted:

SB how was Dynamite?

I'm so jealous he got to see that debut. I would've marked out hard.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Make sure you get...

- Smoke +CO
- Hardwired
- Battery backup
- Photoelectric (or dual sensor)
- Interconnected (communicates with other detectors)

If you go to Lowes or HD there will be like 10 different models but only one that does all those things, WHICH YOU SHOULD WANT.

This is true if the infrastructure exists already to take advantage of these things, but hardwired and interconnected especially (assuming it's a hardwire interconnect) aren't worth paying for if the wiring isn't already.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I don’t trust Winnie the Pooh with any of Running, hiding, or fighting

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

fartknocker posted:

Ahem.

The loving Florida Panthers, y’all
And it's all thanks to the Penguins beginning their long Red Wings collapse and misery

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dango Bango posted:

SB how was Dynamite?

wandler20 posted:

I'm so jealous he got to see that debut. I would've marked out hard.

It was awesome, and yeah, I did NOT expect it at all. This was freakin’ cool.

The one thing I learned, I knew there were other tapings beside Dynamite/Rampage but I was a bit surprised. We started at 4 PST with an hour of ROH tapings, then Dynamite and Rampage. But instead of sending us home with a speech, they taped another five or so ROH matches afterwards. I didn’t leave until around 10 or so.

I had floor seats, but once Rampage was over, people were leaving, so I scooted forwards. By the time there was the main ROH event of Keira Hogan/Athena, I had made my way ringside. If you see a guy wearing a shirt with a bunch of 8-bit wrestlers, that was me.😁

Met John Cena/Stone Cold 64 the goon (he had a free Larry/free Synthy poster, that’s how I knew he was a goon at first). I knew him from when we played forums Survivor but it was nice to meet him in person. Dango I know you’re going but if anyone wants a ticket to Double or Nothing, he’s going and has a third if anyone is interested.

Also, completely unrelated, I met Austin Creed/Xavier Woods backstage at Dellworld yesterday too. Asked him if he was going to get with his AEW friends later and he said he was going to try. I told him he needed a run with the belt, and he smiled politely and thanked me.

All in all, not a bad day at all. Now to pack up all my stuff and head on back to home sweet humid home and my Braksgirl. 🥰

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
He's Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Willy nilly silly old bear

Book being handed out to kindergarteners in Dallas and other places. Hellworld meets the public domain.

Jesus Christ this is loving depressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

bobjr posted:

I don’t trust Winnie the Pooh with any of Running, hiding, or fighting

When his head is in the hunny he can’t see you, so it stands to reason that you can’t see him