Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Celexi posted:

I made better websites when I was 13 using basic html
Unfortunately someone appears to be squatting on desantis.neocities.org.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe Ron did get a 13 yearold to make it.

also didnt know pol. donations asked for worker infomation??

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

Companies will literally just repeatedly get hit rather than spend money to do good security. Doing security right costs way more than getting hacked.

And government is so non-functional in anything that isn't literally on fire right this moment.

Government couldn't be bothered to follow a step by step guide the previous admin had layed out for them in case of a pandemic and people were literally dying. Computers getting hacked? They don't care.

Do you know the average age of people in our government? I think it's like 60s-70s. These boomer rear end idiots probably don't even know our utilities are connected to the internet.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Charliegrs posted:

Do you know the average age of people in our government? I think it's like 60s-70s. These boomer rear end idiots probably don't even know our utilities are connected to the internet.

The median age of the Senate is 65.

Median.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
“Our Great American Comeback” what the hell. Absolute dollar store knockoff of “Make America Great Again.” You can’t even make an acronym with that. OGAC sounds like an outfit that extracts chemicals from hog urine or something. I can’t believe I ever thought this guy was going anywhere.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

pencilhands posted:

lmao

Looks like he’s still got it, and looks more and more like desantis is a disaster

As much as I loathe Trump, I really do like some aspects of his personality. He's willing to say what other people only think, and that's a big problem when it comes to racism, but it's loving hilarious when it comes to him making fun of Tiny Meatball Ron DeSantis.

Lots of people whine about decorum poisoning, but that orange motherfucker has solved the problem. Decorum? gently caress that! Ron, you're a tiny, stupid ridiculous man, a cartoon mouse spanked your penis with a cheesegrater, and your campaign is a dumpster fire. Go eat some pudding with your fingers again, you fuckin' putz!

I can't help but feel the tiniest twinge of actual respect for Trump when he attacks this schmuck. Honestly, the Dems should be doing the same thing.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i'm not certain i agree with your thesis that we should just all become slightly better donald trump, but it is very funny whenever he turns his constant playground bullying to farting on DeSantis' face for hours on end

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
possibly weeks, i suppose

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We’ve had our share of “sure he’s an rear end in a top hat but he’s our rear end in a top hat” in the past and they always turn out to have gone way beyond just slinging insults and get burn noticed. It’s not worth it

haveblue fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 25, 2023

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty
Here's to you, Rob, you sucked and never accomplished much of anything.

PT6A posted:

Lots of people whine about decorum poisoning, but that orange motherfucker has solved the problem. Decorum? gently caress that! Ron, you're a tiny, stupid ridiculous man, a cartoon mouse spanked your penis with a cheesegrater, and your campaign is a dumpster fire. Go eat some pudding with your fingers again, you fuckin' putz!

I do agree that decorum is largely used to evade actually confronting problems and doing things, but trump didn't solve any kind of problem here. Being a loud incompetent buffoon with a lot of confidence will get you everywhere with a lot of people. Rob wasn't ever going to win because he just doesn't have any appeal beyond "I hurt people you don't like." Which is basically every republican, so it's not really any kind of draw.

If I must root for someone from the assorted awful gathering of shitters and fuckwits, personally all my attention is on Florida opening up a sinkhole and killing all of them. Can you imagine? A Florida redemption story!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Who in particular and who were they being an rear end in a top hat to?

I'd be more fired up to cast my vote for someone that would openly and constantly question the morality of the GOP and call a fascist a fascist. Republicans are deserving of neither decorum or civility.

This year has seen a deluge of fascist and bigoted laws being passed by red states and the Democrats don't seem to be making too much noise about it.

Serious question, did Democrats have anything to say when conservatives and Republicans spent weeks going after Budlight and Dylan Mulvaney? I tried googling that and one of the first results was an article titled "Will Democrats fight for Trans people?"

There is no value in being nice to these people.

Yes I know some blue states have passed their own laws too but they're a blip in the news for a day before the fascists do something hosed up again.

Seriously, how are the Democrats this loving bad at messaging what they stand for and why it's better for America? Like everyone in this thread I read political poo poo every day and I'm dismayed by their impotence, so the average American definitely isn't hearing much from them.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Young Freud posted:

Trump's spoken about the DeSantis-Musk announcement:
https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1661524647588900865?s=20

This is probably the first thing that trump has done done that’s made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/eudaimoniaesq/status/1661543467401502721

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Mustang posted:

Yes I know some blue states have passed their own laws too but they're a blip in the news for a day before the fascists do something hosed up again.

I think this tells you more about the news than anything else.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

James Garfield posted:

The legislature in Minnisota passed a whole bunch of really great legislation from food aid to legalizing weed and expunging convictions for it to approving lots of bonds for inrustructure to having some of the best trans protection laws in the US and heard exactly jackshit about anything but the trans protection stuff.

I only found out about the other stuff tonight, and it was a tumblr effort post. The first place I saw the info about the trans protection stuff was tumblr as well.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Twincityhacker posted:

The legislature in Minnisota passed a whole bunch of really great legislation from food aid to legalizing weed and expunging convictions for it to approving lots of bonds for inrustructure to having some of the best trans protection laws in the US and heard exactly jackshit about anything but the trans protection stuff.

I only found out about the other stuff tonight, and it was a tumblr effort post. The first place I saw the info about the trans protection stuff was tumblr as well.

I have completely failed to be the change I want to see in the world, but this is a pretty common failing of the entire internet. SA is, somehow, largely somewhat better. I also guarantee you that there are crucial things that aren't even crossing anybody here's radar, never mind getting actually posted.

partly because nice things are boring and don't get clicks unless they involve kitten pictures

e: i hate to encourage offsite social media stuff when i'm already prone to whining about twitter, but i'm gonna encourage offsite social media stuff: i don't suppose you have that minnesota effortpost to hand?

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I have completely failed to be the change I want to see in the world, but this is a pretty common failing of the entire internet. SA is, somehow, largely somewhat better. I also guarantee you that there are crucial things that aren't even crossing anybody here's radar, never mind getting actually posted.

partly because nice things are boring and don't get clicks unless they involve kitten pictures

e: i hate to encourage offsite social media stuff when i'm already prone to whining about twitter, but i'm gonna encourage offsite social media stuff: i don't suppose you have that minnesota effortpost to hand?

Not my post to respond to, but here's a rundown:
https://twitter.com/mnhouseDFL/status/1660806361888833541?cxt=HHwWioC-kcelr4wuAAAA

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
It would be helpful if the Democrats had someone at the national level with a large media presence. Someone who could really highlight the good things Democrats have done and point out all the awful things Republicans are doing

Alas...

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

James Garfield posted:

I think it's not strictly the news either. At present the politically vocal portion of the right seems to be a lot quicker to crow about victories than their left-wing equivalents, even if both are equally willing to rant about perceived victories of their opponents.

koolkal posted:

It would be helpful if the Democrats had someone at the national level with a large media presence. Someone who could really highlight the good things Democrats have done and point out all the awful things Republicans are doing

Alas...

This here is is something that absolutely happens all the time but just doesn't get the same engagement, even from the left, as Trump's latest deranged social media post.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:911:

exactly what i was looking for, thanks

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Killer robot posted:

This here is is something that absolutely happens all the time but just doesn't get the same engagement, even from the left, as Trump's latest deranged social media post.

According to the Democrats, it's not just engagement that's the problem: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/05/24/democrats-angry-debt-limit-messaging/

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bugsy posted:

This is probably the first thing that trump has done done that’s made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/eudaimoniaesq/status/1661543467401502721

drat that was OK until Big Beautiful T appears at the end. I knew a rightwing comedian couldn't stop themselves from cringeing out on the delivery

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

<Blink><marque>RON DESANTIS!!!! OFFICIAL WEBSITE<B>join my WEB RING for fans of my presidential ANNOUNCEMENT<BR><BR></BODY<

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I think the implication is that for every one Minnesota doing good things, Republicans get a Texas, Florida, Kentucky and more all individually one-upping each other in heinous, bigoted poo poo that will get people killed on top of even more cookie cutter legislation passed out by ALEC or the Koch foundation or whoever is making GBS threads things up this week.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Seeing states like Virginia and Minnesota pass all of this good stuff recently makes me wonder, why does nothing worthwhile ever seem to get done in Massachusetts? Shouldnt we be batting way ahead of them?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

pencilhands posted:

Seeing states like Virginia and Minnesota pass all of this good stuff recently makes me wonder, why does nothing worthwhile ever seem to get done in Massachusetts? Shouldnt we be batting way ahead of them?

Why do you assume Massachusetts should be “batting ahead” of Minnesota and Virginia?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Judgy Fucker posted:

Why do you assume Massachusetts should be “batting ahead” of Minnesota and Virginia?

There are like 3 republicans in the entire legislature

even under a republican governor democrats should be able to do whatever they want

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

pencilhands posted:

MA has passed a bunch of laws protecting LGBTQ rights, ROE codification, and voted for a free lunch program this year. What are you looking for specifically?

Also, we finally passed a millionaires tax, have legal weed, legal gambling, and there maybe a chance at sex work getting decriminalized.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Mooseontheloose posted:

MA has passed a bunch of laws protecting LGBTQ rights, ROE codification, and voted for a free lunch program this year. What are you looking for specifically?

Also, we finally passed a millionaires tax, have legal weed, legal gambling, and there maybe a chance at sex work getting decriminalized.

Hmmm maybe I’m just ignorant of what’s going on

The MBTA being fixed mainly and single payer

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Mooseontheloose posted:

People were posting the dems doing good things so they need to divert the conversation back to dems bad at all costs.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
No one gives a poo poo about local and state politics if something positive happens. That's the secret.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

pencilhands posted:

Hmmm maybe I’m just ignorant of what’s going on

The MBTA being fixed mainly and single payer

Yah the MBTA is...a whole kettle of fish.

Single payer will be hard for any state to do because of the costs associated that really only a the federal government can afford. But at least at 400% above the Federal Poverty level you are eligible for Health Connector programs.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

haveblue posted:

We’ve had our share of “sure he’s an rear end in a top hat but he’s our rear end in a top hat” in the past and they always turn out to have gone way beyond just slinging insults and get burn noticed. It’s not worth it

Really? As in, a democrat or left-leaning politician? I honestly can’t think of a single case. It’s always been “when they go low, we go high” and stuff like that.

John Fetterman and AOC are really the only ones I can think of, and their dunking on their opponents has been well received. I don’t care much for Fetterman but him relentlessly owning Dr Oz ruled

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Mooseontheloose posted:

Single payer will be hard for any state to do because of the costs associated that really only a the federal government can afford. But at least at 400% above the Federal Poverty level you are eligible for Health Connector programs.

See, I’m not sure I understand why that should be true for medium-sized, rich states. Europe has small countries and big countries, and basically all of them have some form of public health care that’s cheaper and provides better aggregate outcomes.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
As past examples, my go to for "left-wing rear end in a top hat" would probably be Huey Long.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

GlyphGryph posted:

As past examples, my go to for "left-wing rear end in a top hat" would probably be Huey Long.

Or, FDR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjSTQwamo8M

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

pencilhands posted:

Massachusetts has New England brain poisoning where they love electing Republican Governors by huge margins and Democratic legislatures to "balance each other out."

They still produce some of the best statewide legislation in the country, but they really hamstring themselves.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Is it just me or is the javascript completely bugging out on his website and jumping the entire page up and down?

Robot Jones
Nov 12, 2016

Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Massachusetts has New England brain poisoning where they love electing Republican Governors by huge margins and Democratic legislatures to "balance each other out."

They still produce some of the best statewide legislation in the country, but they really hamstring themselves.

Not anymore- the current governor is a Democrat, and a fairly progressive one at that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maura_Healey

I can't imagine any Republican that makes it through a gubernatorial primary in MA winning a general election anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That's not actually the reason, traditionally our state legislature will be the second or third state to adopt new laws, letting places like California or Minnesota be the first to pass them. Once we see it works in those states our legislature is pretty willing to adopt them. It's also a lot more complicated than just "they have republican governors" since Heeley is the governor now and you had things like MassHealth which was a blueprint for the ACA under Mitt Romney.