Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

borderlands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Assepoester posted:

What shooters actually sound like that?

Destiny 2 :barf:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Assepoester posted:

What shooters actually sound like that?

Fairly sure The Division 2 is like that

Veotax
May 16, 2006

There's actually some screenshots of the MGS3 remake on the official site, and it looks way more faithful to the original game than I expected, like using the same level design faithful. They're all from early game areas though, but MGS3 is one of my favourite games and I played it a ton, I recognised some of these areas instantly. So that gives me some hope for it.
Doesn't show poo poo about the actual gameplay, of course, so there's plenty of room to gently caress up. Do we know what studio is making this yet?

https://www.konami.com/mg/mgs3r/us/en/

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, those are on the Steam page too.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Didn't know there was a Steam page, fair enough! Went to bed after the Playstation stream last night, don't think Steam had been announced for it yet

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oops, my bad, I saw them in a PCGamer article where it just confirmed it'll be on Steam.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Boltgun fuckin rules

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Careful Master, a GOBLIN! :eek:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Owl Inspector posted:

?????

multiplayer would fix 80% of the issues with DD1.

Bad opinion.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

victrix posted:

Boltgun fuckin rules

just a real shame about the music tho

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

The Door on the Edge of Forever

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

GhostDog posted:

The Door on the Edge of Forever

if you're cold, she's cold

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Owl Inspector posted:

?????

multiplayer would fix 80% of the issues with DD1.

Adding a battlepass would also help with my issues wrt pride and accomplishment

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
And it wouldn't fix any issues since DD1 doesn't have any issues in the first place. :colbert:

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

The Gollum game is truly wretched and sequesters stuff like a lore menu and fully-recorded VA swaps for the elves from Eng to Elvish (!!!) behind the 70 dollardoo version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E21qSEyRa88

lol

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

KazigluBey posted:

The Gollum game is truly wretched and sequesters stuff like a lore menu and fully-recorded VA swaps for the elves from Eng to Elvish (!!!) behind the 70 dollardoo version.

lol

"Why the gently caress is there a bird breeding minigame in a Gollum game?!?"

e: Aside from terrible content, the game also seems to have all kinds of technical marvels like glitching face textures and NPC beards which point up when they look up, not to mention shoddy performance to top it off

What a shitshow for 60$.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 25, 2023

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Kibayasu posted:

If I can't recharge my batteries by eating a glowing mushroom and then also talk to my bewildered support team about it, failed remake.
If I can't skip an entire boss fight by shooting an old man sleeping in a wheelchair, failed remake.
If I can't kill an enemy soldier who is then eaten by a vulture which I then kill/capture and eat myself only for the ghost of the soldier to return during a near-death experience chanting "You ate me!", failed remake.

to clarify on the first one, the glowing mushroom doesn't recharge your batteries unless you're told by Para-Medic that it recharges your batteries. it also doesn't actually recharge your battery, the bar goes up but the battery loss rate speeds up to compensate

you can also skip that boss by just not playing the game for long enough so that he dies of old age

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

KazigluBey posted:

lol

38 Metacritic. :stare:

Aliens Colonial Marines was 43-48.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

buglord posted:

Destiny 2 :barf:

What happened to Destiny 2 since I stopped playing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it remains Destiny 2

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

RBA Starblade posted:

What happened to Destiny 2 since I stopped playing

It's even more difficult to get back into than ever before if you've been away from it for a year or more.

The abilities system in particular is ridiculously convoluted now with the UI that they've really committed to never improving.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

KazigluBey posted:

lol

LOL that was great. I didn't know anything about this game and the first half of this video is hilarious.

So good we have a game worse than Redfall and it's still only May.

Nowher fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 25, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's going on with all these big releases that just don't loving work or aren't ready at all. I know it's been happening forever but every single one this year it seems is unplayable out of the box. Are we still crunched from COVID poo poo or what

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I have a pet theory that a lot of the management in big publishers is putting unreasonable pressure on studios to release stuff before it is ready because gaming saw a huge bump during lockdown and finance brain expects that level of growth to continue.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

What's going on with all these big releases that just don't loving work or aren't ready at all.

The industry finally realised that it doesn't matter: gamers will buy it anyway as long as it's the franchise they invested their identity into.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FishMcCool posted:

The industry finally realised that it doesn't matter: gamers will buy it anyway as long as it's the franchise they invested their identity into.

Redfall? Forspoken?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Because it literally does not matter. So called disastrous launch cyberpunk now has a thread full of fans here shilling it for free.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

some release date info:

- Glass Masquerade 3 comes out next week on the 30th

- The dev of Tiny Lands has a new puzzle game called The Shape of Things which comes out tomorrow.

- Tiny Thor releases June 5th

- Nocturnal releases June 7th

- Bleak Sword DX (one of the more fun Apple Arcade originals) finally comes to Steam on June 8th

- Atelier Marie Remake releases July 12th

- Jagged Alliance 3, developed by Haemimont (Surviving Mars, Victor Vran, Tropico series), releases July 14th

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 25, 2023

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/1661749160146796546

let me in that gaol

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

No Wave posted:

Because it literally does not matter. So called disastrous launch cyberpunk now has a thread full of fans here shilling it for free.

Somehow I don’t think we’re going to see this with redfall and gollum a few years from now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

loving lol, the DLC for Gollum is really loving shameless https://store.steampowered.com/app/2374461/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_Gollum__Sindarin_VO/ this is horse armor all over again

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'll just translate the Westron to Sindarin in my head, thanks.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Deakul posted:

It's even more difficult to get back into than ever before if you've been away from it for a year or more.

The abilities system in particular is ridiculously convoluted now with the UI that they've really committed to never improving.

The story half isn't much better either, I tried getting back into it about half a year back and it was near indecipherable. They keep putting major plot developments into time-limited events apparently only accessible via season passes, so you're just thrown into a random story with absolutely no idea what the gently caress is going on. A friend of mine tried getting into the game for the first time as well then, and it was pretty much impossible for them.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

KazigluBey posted:

lol

Game Over: The Grashneg died

Don't sleep on this video this is so much stranger than what you would have guessed

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The 7th Guest posted:

- Glass Managerie 3 comes out next week on the 30th

Masquerade, not Menagerie for those of you looking for this one.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

zoux posted:

What's going on with all these big releases that just don't loving work or aren't ready at all. I know it's been happening forever but every single one this year it seems is unplayable out of the box. Are we still crunched from COVID poo poo or what

I will admit, newly released $70 games looking like they belong on PS3 AND requiring a 4090 to even run was not something I saw coming.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I been thinking. All of these shooters are now chasing after the Extraction game craze...but does that craze even exist? There was that spate of games all trying to be the next big BR, but in that case it was because PUBG and Fortnite had become the biggest things in the world, and while a bunch of titles came and went, Apex and COD Warzone managed to arrive and thrive. Meanwhile, on the Extraction shooter side of things, the two biggest examples I can think of are HUNT, which maintains a comfortable and consistent playerbase of around 30K concurrent, and Tarkov, which I know is popular but also seems like a gaming black box: the people who play Tarkov play a lot of Tarkov and don't seem particularly interested in any pretenders. I guess all these devs and publishers are hoping to become the king of the genre while it's still nascent, but I'm just not sure if the mainstream appeal is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Mordja posted:

I been thinking. All of these shooters are now chasing after the Extraction game craze...but does that craze even exist? There was that spate of games all trying to be the next big BR, but in that case it was because PUBG and Fortnite had become the biggest things in the world, and while a bunch of titles came and went, Apex and COD Warzone managed to arrive and thrive. Meanwhile, on the Extraction shooter side of things, the two biggest examples I can think of are HUNT, which maintains a comfortable and consistent playerbase of around 30K concurrent, and Tarkov, which I know is popular but also seems like a gaming black box: the people who play Tarkov play a lot of Tarkov and don't seem particularly interested in any pretenders. I guess all these devs and publishers are hoping to become the king of the genre while it's still nascent, but I'm just not sure if the mainstream appeal is there.

One would think that a publisher like Sony wouldn't announce that three or more of their wholly owned first party studios are making different extraction shooters with CG trailers within an hour of each other.

At least two of these games swerved from trying to do a live-service game (too developer intensive), to a multiplayer battle-royale (too saturated), to finally announcing as extraction shooters. I imagine these trend chasing games to announce another swerve in the future as they lack any kind of central vision beyond making money.

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 25, 2023