Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

LifeSunDeath posted:

Dang it Bokoby

That’s my Triforce I don’t know you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
personality-wise maybe Peggy would be the better Zeldas voice

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah considering she's basically the Hyrule equivalent of a lady wearing a ripped up "I'D RATHER BE REBUILDING A MAGITECH ENGINE" t-shirt, a deep woods Appalachia accent would've been fantastic. She travels the lands talking food and ranching to anybody she shares a campfire with and when given a choice, lives in a well because it's good enough. She's got a real hillbilly core that should get some time in the sun.

I didn't mind the Goron's VA much but I did keep hearing "WHY'D YOU DO THAT?" which, well, fair.

Mostly whenever a cast has a big variety of accents versus "everybody is Welsh", I just wait until I hear my good pal Bender "Bending" Rodriguez and get sad if I don't

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah considering she's basically the Hyrule equivalent of a lady wearing a ripped up "I'D RATHER BE REBUILDING A MAGITECH ENGINE" t-shirt, a deep woods Appalachia accent would've been fantastic.

her entire character is about the conflict between her hands-on interests and her aristocratic upbringing so maybe not so much

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zelda is not doing a British accent, like, at all. It's not even trying to sound British.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's definitely received pronunciation but that weird lilt that patricia summersett tacks onto it has always been off-putting even though though her overall delivery has improved between entries

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Regrettably, Jack Ruby got to Lee Harvey Oswald before Yunobo. Now we’ll never know why he did it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

her entire character is about the conflict between her hands-on interests and her aristocratic upbringing so maybe not so much

Ain't just the British that have these things

edit - or whatever it's intended to be, her VA is more breathy than anything else to me and I'm no linguist

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
What’s the optimal 2 fan traveling build? Mine keep on being uncontrollable. Maybe my alignment is off. I guess I can spend more than 5 min experimenting.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

whoa you thought X was cool just wait for spoiler spoiler spoiler

yes i think they understand there is more video game people

There isn't a :jerkbag: big enough

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

it's definitely received pronunciation but that weird lilt that patricia summersett tacks onto it has always been off-putting even though though her overall delivery has improved between entries

It has to be a direction thing, Cherami Leigh as Sonia does it too

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I finally got around to the logging quest. With the resolution to wrap it up in as few trips as possible, I built a whole a whole rear end logging truck, complete with spring suspension.

I was able to get it to carry seven logs before it started collapsing under its own weight. The logs needed to be katamari'd but not glued to the vehicle itself due to build limit.

The only viable transport route to Lurelin was the southern beaches from the west of Lurelin, but I managed to knock out the delivery in two trips (not counting the freebie log in Lurelin itself that I ultrahanded over to finish the job).

Just north of the village is a forest. I went and cut them there, stacked them all together in a giant block, and slapped some wheels on lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sonatinas posted:

What’s the optimal 2 fan traveling build? Mine keep on being uncontrollable. Maybe my alignment is off. I guess I can spend more than 5 min experimenting.

The air bike setup is best I think, but either option is fiddly to get just right. It's worth spending 10-15 minutes getting it perfect because you can save it

I'm actually having a lot more trouble getting a good ATV going. The obvious options are all more than I'd like to spend per build given that it's going to despawn if you move more than 10 feet from it but getting a good stabilizer+big wheel+control stick setup going has been tricky to say the least

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Just north of the village is a forest. I went and cut them there, stacked them all together in a giant block, and slapped some wheels on lol

I just got up on the cliffs, chopped the trees there, and stuck them in a block-o-logs that I tossed down the cliff so it slid right into town.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

sonatinas posted:

\/\

Fan, control stick, fan

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

no one else bothered by the lack of an option to make the lock-on a toggle? so mad rn...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

\/\

Fan, control stick, fan

I found \--\ works better. (Fan-controls-Fan)

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This is my go-to

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Yes this exactly ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I found \--\ works better. (Fan-controls-Fan)

My layout gives you upwards and forward thrust, and can be angled slightly for straight forward or upward boost. It's super versatile.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Scholtz posted:

This is my go-to

Same, it's also relatively easy to get going because the build starts with a fan on the ground and the control stick being moved a standard 45 degrees

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Same, it's also relatively easy to get going because the build starts with a fan on the ground and the control stick being moved a standard 45 degrees

I have a version saved with a rocket on the back for a super fast vertical takeoff

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yes this exactly ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My layout gives you upwards and forward thrust, and can be angled slightly for straight forward or upward boost. It's super versatile.

Mine is that one too, I thought you meant with the stick pitched 45-degrees forward.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

External Organs posted:

Are there any horns I need to hoard to level up armors?

I've been a bit of a horn hoarder.

So far only I only see blobkin horns for the regular armor sold at Lookout Landing. And lynel horns for berserker. I upgraded those first cuz it's the most common ingredients. Horns and amber. Afterwards I'm free to use the level of horns I just used for fusion.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
all of the lizalfos elemental horns are needed for the three zonai ritual sets' level 2 upgrades

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Man I haven't found any cool armor yet, I'm just prancing around Hyrule in my gloom robe and fancy Rito hat.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I managed to make a hoverbike like the one you guys did but between my tendency to go to opposite sides of the map, some bad joining in early attempts leading towards drifting, built stuff disappearing on reload (such as dying to a random Blue Lynel) and big enemies being able to destroy it easily (such as a random Blue Lynel) I'm not finding it that useful.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I managed to make a hoverbike like the one you guys did but between my tendency to go to opposite sides of the map, some bad joining in early attempts leading towards drifting, built stuff disappearing on reload (such as dying to a random Blue Lynel) and big enemies being able to destroy it easily (such as a random Blue Lynel) I'm not finding it that useful.

Avoid Blue Lynels

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I’ve been playing for hours and have a bunch of different armor sets and none of them have been upgraded because the great faeries want specific musicians???

Also fukkin lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I’ve been playing for hours and have a bunch of different armor sets and none of them have been upgraded because the great faeries want specific musicians???

Also fukkin lol

The Memory where they discuss Link over afternoon tea feels a Iot like they'd really dig Link's vibes.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Story stuff in this game is super awkward. Late game spoilers, I think?

I have found out what happened to zelda. I cannot tell anyone what happened to Zelda. I can get up and ride on Zelda’s back without the game acknowledging or doing literally anything. I have one “dungeon” left to do but the entire point of those is to get clues about zelda.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Scholtz posted:

Avoid Blue Lynels

That's my policy, but it's hard to implement when I make a stop to fix my drift and a Blue Lynel from half a mile away decides I'm too close.

Is this how people with joycon drift feel?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I plop one out whenever I want, and ditch it after, even if I only used it for a few seconds, rather plop out a new one than spend even a few seconds running to find the old one, if it's even that close. I also prefer the classic fans on side of angled control stick, fun to control, main downside is can't handle running flat into walls very well. And can't lose altitude in some wind conditions, only go up. but idk, feels good to fly and can reliably get to any height or point on the map.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also fukkin lol

The stable near each fairy has a band that gives a quest to locate the musicians to unlock the fairies.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Don't avoid Lynels, Lynels are easy. Give me the location of one I wanna do a video of the ez trick edit: wait im at work goddamnit

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 25, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Khanstant posted:

Don't avoid Lynels, Lynels are easy. Give me the location of one I wanna do a video of the ez trick

The one who sniped me was West of the river in Faron with a Pirate ship, between two cliffs leading to a beach, in a circular area.

There's also the Floating Colisseum in the Depths just under the normal Colisseum with 5 Lynels of increasing level.

also i wasted all my normal zonaite in charges. i guess i'll have to do another trip down under. maybe i should just finish the dungeons so enemies are max level and give me better stuff even if they're harder...

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
This is super cool, and seems like it could be a foundation for some wild experiments.
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1661758265368166400

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Paul Zuvella posted:

Story stuff in this game is super awkward. Late game spoilers, I think?

I have found out what happened to zelda. I cannot tell anyone what happened to Zelda. I can get up and ride on Zelda’s back without the game acknowledging or doing literally anything. I have one “dungeon” left to do but the entire point of those is to get clues about zelda.

Well you know at this point the real point of the dungeon is to get the new sage the secret stone so they can assist with the battle against Ganondorf

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

This is super cool, and seems like it could be a foundation for some wild experiments.
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1661758265368166400

i always argued they should let this work in real-life physics. seems like all upsides to me.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I'm actually having a lot more trouble getting a good ATV going. The obvious options are all more than I'd like to spend per build given that it's going to despawn if you move more than 10 feet from it but getting a good stabilizer+big wheel+control stick setup going has been tricky to say the least

I've been using just 2 big wheels on the gyro with the control attached to the back. Quite cheap, and I have a battle variant with cannons and armoring.

What I would really like is some sort helicopter. The flying vehicles I've made are just two quick for combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also I am very mad to find out that forging robots will not take large pieces of Zonaite for crystal charges. What the gently caress, dudes.

There's one that does. An early side quest will point you at it.