Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

pity it's pretty awful to actually play but there's some character background in there that kinda feels like it was originally intended for the base game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Srice posted:

It's mostly fine except for the fact that it isn't FES.

Mods for pc have at least updated the character models so far.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there is no definitive version of p3 and likely will never be. there are rumors of a bigger remake but uhh those rumors also say femc won't make the cut which, having her content portrayed with as much detail as the ps2 version would've been the primary reason to buy one

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Heavy Metal posted:

Gotta love anime. Good to hear the dulcet tones of Bebop's Jet Black (Beau Billingslea) there too! (edit: beaten, and rightfully so)

What's the best anime adaptation from an RPG folks?

The Legend of Zelda cartoon that the Super Mario Bros Super Show ran on Fridays.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

unfortunately bad transations arent

thinking about the decision to take a game about dragons on the moon and shoehorning in jokes about the Clinton administration

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Runa posted:

thinking about the decision to take a game about dragons on the moon and shoehorning in jokes about the Clinton administration

I wasn't paying attention, are we talking about Sam & Max all of a sudden?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Who do I need to kiss between the cheeks to get an Arc the Lad 1+2 Remaster on Steam?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Who do I need to kiss between the cheeks to get an Arc the Lad 1+2 Remaster on Steam?

helpful guide on how to get this to happen:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

(nods, takes notes)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Runa posted:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

something about this hits different

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Nash mocking stupid peasants for not knowing why M&Ms melt in the mouth but not in the hand is a scene that will always stick with me.

Unfortunately, Victor Ireland is dead to me. He knows what he did.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

someone should really think about re-translating most games working designs has touched imo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Lunar 2 was the fart gas mask one right?

no that's Vay

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Willo567 posted:

someone should really think about re-translating most games working designs has touched imo

Agreed but we can leave some of the Ruin route jokes in Vanguard Bandits

E: actually we can bring some back.

In the game the lethal joke mechs are called no. 86's, and when you beat Faulkner piloting one he says "no more 86ing for me!"

But if you see the screenshot in the strategy guide, which used an older version of the script, they're called no.69's.

Runa fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 25, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
86 is bartendering slang for "cut that guy off from the drinks". I know that because that's why Maxwell Smart from Get Smart is Agent 86.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Junpei posted:

86 is bartendering slang for "cut that guy off from the drinks". I know that because that's why Maxwell Smart from Get Smart is Agent 86.

Oh, huh

well I learned something new today

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Junpei posted:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh, huh

well I learned something new today

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

86 can also mean removing an item from the menu or being out of something, or ejecting a customer completely.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I see it's a very versatile number

I vaguely remember hearing it used as a euphemism for kill in a movie and in retrospect that's almost certainly a repurposing of it as food service and bar slang

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Yeah, it probably originates as rhyming slang for "nix".

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what does nix mean

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Hwurmp posted:

what does nix mean

It's the plural of Nick

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

what does nix mean

To end or cancel something, and sometimes just "nothing" at all

"Ive nixed the deal"
"I'll put a nix to this"
"What did we get? Nix"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nix is the german word for nothing, incidentally

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Who said Something Awful isn't educational?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Endorph posted:

86 can also mean removing an item from the menu or being out of something, or ejecting a customer completely.

Huh. I had heard the murder/kill meaning before, and also the restaurant meaning, but I had assumed the former came first.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Lara released a hour long Xenogears music on piano collection today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxYHrDCsfpQ

I helped her work on it a bit. Always loved Xenogears music since the game came out. It helped make it my all time favorite game that only got replaced by Nier

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Always jealous of people who can transcribe music like that

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

How much grinding am I going to have to do to beat Octopath Traveler 1's true final boss? From what I read, it is a significant difficulty spike and you have to fight a gauntlet of 8 bosses before fighting him and there's no save point at any point. It seems...not worth it, and yet I can't seem to find a good cheat engine table to help me just brute force it to see the ending (I realize Youtube exists).

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

How much grinding am I going to have to do to beat Octopath Traveler 1's true final boss? From what I read, it is a significant difficulty spike and you have to fight a gauntlet of 8 bosses before fighting him and there's no save point at any point. It seems...not worth it, and yet I can't seem to find a good cheat engine table to help me just brute force it to see the ending (I realize Youtube exists).

Depends on how leveled your entire team is, since you have to use all 8 characters. I always level everyone equally (it had been a while since that particular brand of gamer brain came in handy) so I had to do zero grinding. I think most people itt will siggest skipping it but imo it was a pretty fun challenge to cap off the game. Tho if you are expecting any story or resolution after the battle you are going to be sorely disappointed

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Just youtube it and skip to the sequel and best game of the year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marvelous announced two new rune factory games

rune factory: project dragon, a rune factory game set in fantasy japan.

and rune factory 6. they didnt show any footage of 6.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Marvellous announced 8 games and showed footage of 2 lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Marvellous announced 8 games and showed footage of 2 lol
tbf thats basically the same as the ps5 showcase just without the overly expensive cgi trailers

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm starting to think that Ys 8 is a good game

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its extremely good in fact.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Ys VIII is fantastic yes. Ys X looks great too. I just hope it's better than IX but I think conceptually Ys X is more fitting for Ys than IX ever was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Wait so Ys 8 good, Ys 9 bad?