Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

a strange fowl posted:

do any other fast food dynasties have this kind of lore? is there a burger kingdom?

Does Hungry Jack’s run commercials with someone playing “Jack” or is his appearance kept a mystery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Anyone else remember the sneak king game for the 360 where you play the creepy burger king guy and sneak into people's houses (to give them hamburgers?)

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

where does the hamburglar fit in all of this?

I had a real moment once when I was thinking about the moral codes of the Hamburglar and the Cookie Monster.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

litany of gulps posted:

I had a real moment once when I was thinking about the moral codes of the Hamburglar and the Cookie Monster.

God I’m looking forward to visiting somewhere with legal weed again

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a strange fowl posted:

do any other fast food dynasties have this kind of lore? is there a burger kingdom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDzkV93oj1w

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

where does the hamburglar fit in all of this? working with the approval of the cops to bring in dipping sauces from the bk cartels, bogeyman created by local sinclair owned broadcaster, or dukes of hazard style freedom fighter?

https://youtu.be/FN0pFs3kzPE

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
The Arby's mitt actually got its start in low budget hardcore adult films, some really distrubingly explicit stuff. Their escape from the industry is quite a tale, though the ending is sad. After a few drinks at an event celebrating their fifth year with Arbys, they quipped about having "a decade of experience handing mounds of glistening meat". It got people digging and ultimately ended their career. It's all in the a made for TV documentary "Degloving, the rise and fall of Meat Mitt"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

BRJurgis posted:

The Arby's mitt actually got its start in low budget hardcore adult films, some really distrubingly explicit stuff. Their escape from the industry is quite a tale, though the ending is sad. After a few drinks at an event celebrating their fifth year with Arbys, they quipped about having "a decade of experience handing mounds of glistening meat". It got people digging and ultimately ended their career. It's all in the a made for TV documentary "Degloving, the rise and fall of Meat Mitt"

There an emoji for spending my drink out Jesus loving Christ dude. Lmao

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

God I’m looking forward to visiting somewhere with legal weed again

:canada:

Though you may need to put up with a lot of second hand smoke since the entirety of Alberta is on fire right now. :v:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

:canada:

Though you may need to put up with a lot of second hand smoke since the entirety of Alberta is on fire right now. :v:

ah God finally noticed what those fuckers have been up to?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
goodbye dadchat, i am leaving to commune with the mighty buffalo

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

goodbye dadchat, i am leaving to commune with the mighty buffalo
will you dwell among them as a member of the herd?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
You’re not really one of them until you’ve gored a tourist

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

a strange fowl posted:

will you dwell among them as a member of the herd?

no, this will be one of those shorter communing efforts were i go back to a cabin and get drunk afterwards instead of freezing it out on the open steppe

Pirate Radar posted:

You’re not really one of them until you’ve gored a tourist

i don't know about gored, but i've probably trampled a tourist at some point

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i don't know about gored, but i've probably trampled a tourist at some point

well now you have a clear and achievable goal to work towards

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Guys,

Have you ever noticed that we turn a living pig into pork when we eat it, but a Turkey just stays Turkey when you eat it?

:350:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Guys,

Have you ever noticed that we turn a living pig into pork when we eat it, but a Turkey just stays Turkey when you eat it?

:350:

loving Normans ruined everything. We should just call them swine like good Saxons.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1657079482946134017

quote:

Eric Richins, according to the records, suspected his wife had tried to poison him on multiple occasions.

quote:

He told family and friends multiple times and left a note with his lawyer in which he warned them that if anything happened to him she was to blame.

quote:

Eric and his wife went to Greece a few years ago and after his wife gave him a drink he became violently ill and called his sister saying he believed his wife had tried to kill him," the records said.

quote:

"On Valentine’s Day of 2022, his wife brought him a sandwich, which after one bite Eric broke into hives and couldn’t breathe. He used his son’s epi-pen as well as Benadryl before passing out for several hours," according to the records.

quote:

Richins found a text message where his wife allegedly asked a contact named C.L. "for some of the Michael Jackson stuff," to give to her husband.

quote:

Eric Richins died after his wife served him a celebratory Moscow Mule. The medical examiner said that he had five times the lethal dosage of fentanyl in his system and that it was "illicit" fentanyl, not medical-grade. It is also believed he ingested the drugs orally, according to the statement.

It appears she never performed CPR on him as she claimed, the search warrant records said, because of the large amount of blood that came from his mouth.

quote:

Despite the suspicions, Eric Richins stayed in the marriage with Kouri Richins because of his children, his family's spokesperson said.

:chloe:

quote:

A friend who knew Eric Richins for about 20 years recalled being shocked over news that he had died.

:thunk:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

When the grip that good tho

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

a strange fowl posted:

How soon do we forget the BK Kidz?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Tesseraction posted:

When the grip that good tho

grip reaper

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

good to see you're still alive and kicking nn

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Weirdly difficult to find the original court documents online

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/biasbe/status/1656111298898165760?s=46&t=z-BpKV_zuayDXrjUW20mQw

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Tesseraction posted:

good to see you're still alive and kicking nn

im thriving about to go to jamaica for a family reunion

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hell yeah

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

that sounds like a good time. like even the drama would be fun

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i have returned in shame after the buffalo cast me out when i was unable to destroy a subcompact car with my hooves

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i have returned in shame after the buffalo cast me out when i was unable to destroy a subcompact car with my hooves
they're an elite community, many have tried and failed to gain membership

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
guy who doesn't know what these weird hashtags or ugly avatars are but just likes that all these people are saying "gm" to him

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
if anyone does ever get an opportunity to go to the yellowstone/grand tetons (insane to me they named a mountain range 'giant titties') jump on that poo poo. i've done a bit of traveling across the continental us and the vistas and wildlife at both are truly remarkable even compared to standouts like yosemite/zion/bryce

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
now i'm back in the wonders of society, trying to fake it till i make it for the second decade running

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

my current main task at my job is so boring that i find ways to procrastinate by doing my colleagues' jobs instead

i really need to just wrap this up and get on with the actual project

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I presume you, like everyone in your country, work at a record label that produces black metal

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

An older gentleman in line with me just spent the last 10 minutes explaining to me that is excited he has been chosen to become "the next King David" because it means he will soon have the power to throw family court judges in jail.

He also explained that family court exists as a separate court because they only select the most evil people to be judges there and family court judges created family court because they have so much power and money. But, whoever is appointed King David has power over them.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if anyone does ever get an opportunity to go to the yellowstone/grand tetons (insane to me they named a mountain range 'giant titties') jump on that poo poo. i've done a bit of traveling across the continental us and the vistas and wildlife at both are truly remarkable even compared to standouts like yosemite/zion/bryce
Right by there is also the Beartooths, which are also badass.

An older gentleman in line with me just spent the last 10 minutes explaining to me that is excited he has been chosen to become "the next King David" because it means he will soon have the power to throw family court judges in jail.

He also explained that family court exists as a separate court because they only select the most evil people to be judges there and family court judges created family court because they have so much power and money. But, whoever is appointed King David has power over them.
You'd think King Solomon would be a better fit for family court.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

becoming the next king david seems like something avshalom would have to sign off on. also schizophrenia sucks, especially when you can pick up on the real life impacts that are getting blamed on delusions. i once had a guy walking along beside me late at night explaining that quetzalcoatl had forced his family to cut contact with him. after about five minutes he suddenly apologized for bothering me and ran off into the night. i sometimes wonder about how things turned out for him. life's hard enough as it is

cat botherer posted:

Right by there is also the Beartooths, which are also badass.

oh yeah! the beartooth highway wasn't open for the season, but the first 15 miles or so had been plowed so we were able to drive partway up. spectacular views. also i'm from a land with absolutely no snow, so to see all of these spots covered in snow and ice in may was such a novel experience

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

oh yeah! the beartooth highway wasn't open for the season, but the first 15 miles or so had been plowed so we were able to drive partway up. spectacular views. also i'm from a land with absolutely no snow, so to see all of these spots covered in snow and ice in may was such a novel experience
If you find yourself in Washington State with some extra time, try to hit up the North Cascades.

Most of it can only be seen by hiking/backpacking, but it's the most heavily glaciated area in the US outside of Alaska (Washington has over 3/4 of all glaciers in the lower 48). The elevations are lower than the Rockies, but the mountains start from low elevation, so the vertical relief is comparable to big ranges in the Sierras or Rockies. There's also Rainier obviously which is absolutely gently caress-off huge, but quite crowded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
thanks for the tip!

on a completely different note, why is it that i'm paid 25% less than an equivalent engineering title, and i'm still getting tasked with putting together a cost estimate and timeline for design development? this state role somehow has more intense project management duties than my old job as an actual project manager