Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Weka posted:

From the information given, I have no problem with the actions of the first guy. Of course if they were Afghani commandos it's different, but then their lives probably were in danger.

he was charging them for it

no good troops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Uh, the ones who are selling LSD

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah he was charging them for it and yeah he is complete scum. but that still pales compared to the standard policy of telling everyone who applied to gently caress off. the cruelty of individuals can't ever compete with the cruelty of bureaucracies. troops sure try hard at it, though!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
honestly given how much money has left my account because of this poo poo a guy just straight up charging a couple thou for a visa would be an improvement

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Real troops don't make friends with Muslim terrorist...

*Oppressed Christian minority

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Milo and POTUS posted:

Uh, the ones who are selling LSD
Who the hell is getting LSD instead of RCs these days? Seems like being A Sailor is giving opportunities civilians don’t have.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The uss gerald ford is in norway to show the russians how big the US dick is, and norwegian media is full of disgusting fawning bootlickers. I hate it so much. There are lines of imbeciles wanting autographs from american sailors.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Biplane posted:

The uss gerald ford is in norway to show the russians how big the US dick is, and norwegian media is full of disgusting fawning bootlickers. I hate it so much. There are lines of imbeciles wanting autographs from american sailors.

Just be glad you don't live in the US where that is a constant never ending reality.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Biplane posted:

Is Norway another country where more people signed up for the SS than fought for the Resistance like in Holland and Denmark?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Is Norway another country where more people signed up for the SS than fought for the Resistance like in Holland and Denmark?

The word quisling comes from Major Vidkun Quisling, the Norwegian who ruled norway for the nazis

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

KomradeX posted:

I don't know if there were more people in the resistance than the SS, though they did have their "Viking" regiment(?) of scandinavians...

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

tbf to the troops, troop uselessness seems to be rapidly causing the u.s. to loose its military stranglehold over the rest of the world

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2018/10/15/police-with-military-experience-more-likely-to-shoot

quote:

Though 6 percent of the general population has served in the military, 19 percent of police officers are veterans, according to an analysis of U.S. Census data performed by Gregory B. Lewis and Rahul Pathak of Georgia State University for The Marshall Project.

quote:

“Results from this study suggest that veteran status, regardless of deployment history, is associated with increased odds of shootings,” the professors wrote.

Lol, they get to go from killing pocs overseas to killing pocs in america.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I always laugh when there's a police killing and a bunch of "leftists" vets start going off about rules of engagement and poo poo. yall don't follow those and you definitely 100% covered up for your fellow troops lmao

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

When you need a job done, hire people with experience

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

The Voice of Labor posted:

tbf to the troops, troop uselessness seems to be rapidly causing the u.s. to loose its military stranglehold over the rest of the world

It's the government and it's captor, capital. Troops are perennially useless and counting on superior troops in the modern age doesn't seem to work. I don't imagine Chinese soldiers are very good at waging war, they've got almost no experience. But the systems in place around them mean China has one of the two most powerful militaries on the planet. Whereas America cannot make bullets without importing antimony from China.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I saw 4 sailors on shore leave tonight while waiting for my ferry home and I can't wait for the Chinese to sink their ship and they weren't even being annoying

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

https://twitter.com/pitbull/status/869240498510217216?s=20

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the bigger they are the harder they fall

the bigger the heart the harder they ball

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

pitbull made many sacrifices to become mister worldwide

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

some poeple call it politics, i call it politricks

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I'm glad that the Cuban people are free and not under the genocidal thunb he wants them under

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hmm

quote:

His family has a history of fighting against the Castro regime in Cuba

quote:

On his mother's arrival in the U.S. in Operation Peter Pan, and never having performed in Cuba

Well for one, my mother did come in Peter Pan. My grandmother was a part of the revolution with Castro in Sierra Maestra [mountains] until she figured out that wasn't the way to go, and that's exactly why my mother was a part of Operation Peter Pan. So she went from Cuba to Indiana and didn't see abuela, my grandmother — some people say it was four years, some people say it was seven years, so let's just call it five years. Either/or, it's a long time to be away from your mother and also from your culture. My aunt (tía) was a political prisoner.

quote:

An ongoing political controversy developed around charges that Operation Peter Pan was not an effort of volunteers and charitable organization, but had been secretly funded by the U.S. government as a covert operation of the Central Intelligence Agency. Author Maria de los Angeles Torres filed a Freedom of Information Act suit to obtain government files on the program. In 1999, a ruling by the U.S. District Court for Northern Illinois determined that this "evacuation of Cuban children turned out not to be a CIA operation at all".[15] The ruling was based in part on the court's review of 733 pages of documentation provided by the CIA for use in an earlier lawsuit.[16] Despite this, several former CIA agents have admitted to editing, printing and distributing copies of a fabricated Patria Potestad law that stated the revolutionary government was about to abolish parental rights. This, along with fake news about threats to the Cuban family broadcast on CIA-operated Radio Swan, helped fuel the exodus of unaccompanied children. [17]

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it’s a funny tweet because of his grinning mug you fuckin dorks

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Looks like the cops have arrested 9 teenagers for the crime of being tougher than Marines

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

were they able to see crayons without eating them or something

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

KomradeX posted:

Looks like the cops have arrested 9 teenagers for the crime of being tougher than Marines

Only 9? I guess the other 31 teens got away.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

The video of the battle of San Clemente Pier is out and the marine is absolutely the instigator. He rushes the crowd and goes from standing to fetal position in like 0.001 seconds :patriot:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Only 9? I guess the other 31 teens got away.

It's RICO now, they gotta get the low level guys so they can roll up da boss

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Koishi Komeiji posted:

The video of the battle of San Clemente Pier is out and the marine is absolutely the instigator. He rushes the crowd and goes from standing to fetal position in like 0.001 seconds :patriot:

Any full videos all the ones on YouTube are the news clips which are making it look like the Marines are victims

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

KomradeX posted:

Any full videos all the ones on YouTube are the news clips which are making it look like the Marines are victims

The first one I saw showed a guy kind of taking a swing at one of the brave troops then back away, and 2 seconds later the troop charged headfirst into the whole group.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

News clip I saw started with one of the teens throwing something at them, dude charging in and than just two of them in the fetal position

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
you be the judge

https://twitter.com/redvoiceray/status/1663541093491945473?s=20

I found in three seconds by googling "marine beatdown site:twitter.com"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the kids are alright

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

you be the judge

https://twitter.com/redvoiceray/status/1663541093491945473?s=20

I found in three seconds by googling "marine beatdown site:twitter.com"

I don't use Twitter. Video is hilarious.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Those marines were legitimate targets. There's no off-time in the class war

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

seems like a good representation of how the last few wars have gone for the US

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Some old officer after like WW1 wrote some poo poo about how shart sighted it was to train masses of men to kill but not train them to be normal members of society after the war.

We train up killers, but never retrain them for normal life, while expected reintegration to be effortless and easy.

I mean no one ever changed how we operate but someone knew poo poo like this would happen.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
piece of poo poo decided to try to maul a 90 lb high school girl in front of her entire graduating class and then whine about the black eye he got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Some old officer after like WW1 wrote some poo poo about how shart sighted it was to train masses of men to kill but not train them to be normal members of society after the war.

We train up killers, but never retrain them for normal life, while expected reintegration to be effortless and easy.

I mean no one ever changed how we operate but someone knew poo poo like this would happen.

nobody knows how to unturn that key even without the PTSD. even if it was free it wouldn't make much of a difference